watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How did cairney do

Started by Jonaldiniho 88, October 14, 2017, 05:50:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonaldiniho 88

Couldn't make the game or listen to commentary unfortunately. How did cairney play and as a few have mentioned did he still looked hampered by injury? Thanks in advance.

Carborundum

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on October 14, 2017, 05:50:57 PM
Couldn't make the game or listen to commentary unfortunately. How did cairney play and as a few have mentioned did he still looked hampered by injury? Thanks in advance.
He took it steady and played well.  Hard to tell if he's over the injury. 

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Carborundum on October 14, 2017, 05:53:45 PM
Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on October 14, 2017, 05:50:57 PM
He took it steady and played well.  Hard to tell if he's over the injury. 

I don't think he's over it yet, but I do think this was a great chance for him to run out and get 45 minutes under his belt. We are a better team with him in the middle, no question abut it.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Jonaldiniho 88

Lighthouse

Am told he was limping and not comfortable on the leg after the game. Far from over it. But clearly was outstanding when he came on. Will need more time until he is fully fit. Fingers crossed he will be.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Ronnief

I thought I saw him rubbing his leg after the warm up at the start of the match and didn't seem to be moving well.  It was certainly a risk bringing him on at half time but the result justified bringing him on.

rubbernecca

We won the 2nd half 2-0 when Cairney was on. He provided seriously good control and poise against a grabby, fouling Preston. And Mollo provided an extra spark as well. Really good subs.

Preston plays such ugly football. I'm so happy that we equalised!

Dodgin

Wouldn't have got the point if he had stayed on the bench.

filham

Cairney demonstrated that he is the key to our attack, he changed the game in the second half when he came on.
Just hope he can survive the rough and tumble of the Championship for the rest of the season, I suspect the coach may have to limit his game time to keep him fit.

Lighthouse

He has just tweeted this an hour ago.

Big comeback today was buzzing to get back out there it's been a frustrating time for me It ain't perfect yet but I'm trying
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Woolly Mammoth

He certainly had an influence, just his presence alone seemed to make a difference.
Under the circumstances, and with hindsight, it was a good move by Jok to make this change at halftime.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Statto on October 14, 2017, 10:12:48 PM
Playing him today might have got a point, just like playing him after an injection got us 3 pts versus Ipswich, but would it be worth it if he got injured again because he isn't 100%, or if it sets his recovery back a month?

Even by his own account he wasn't ready today

Wouldnt of thought there was any way on earth  he would have been risked if the manager,medical staff & player himself thought he wasnt able to play some part.
He didnt say he wasnt ready on Twitter he alluded to the fact hes not 100% which considering he never had a proper pre season is to be expected

Wearethewhites

Having suffered a bad knee injury, early in my career, they're a funny injury to overcome, as they heal, but you get a lot of stiffness, tweaks, soreness etc. For me, I had to play through that, until my knee became 100% again. I feel Cairney, will be the same, for a bit.

Whitesideup

He just adds that extra bit of creativity and control that makes us such a better team. Within the first two minutes he received a pass, shimmied, laid off a great through ball for Fonte. That creativity put PNE on the back foot and for me made us that more dangerous.