watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just got back

Started by Peabody, October 14, 2017, 06:36:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Have to say that the reason Preston lost two points was blatant  time wasting of which their nos 11 was by far the worst. I should also add that we were much the better team in the second half. ' not too good in the first but too me, it felt like a win at the end

Fulham 442

Fulham 442

Thought Cairney made a big difference when he came on for the second half.

One Martin Thomas

Thought Preston played us perfectly and should have won it. Can't see how we got a point. It looked like men against boys. They were fitter, hungrier and had good shape. I think this league may have worked us out.

filham

Preston had the beating of us in the first half hour, their through balls and quick attacks were working well but in the second half, with Cairney in our attack, we looked so much better and deserved the three points.
Interesting to see a replay of their first goal, it looked well offside from where I was sitting.
The ref. failed to get to grips with the Preston gamesmanship.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on October 14, 2017, 06:52:48 PM
Thought Preston played us perfectly and should have won it. Can't see how we got a point. It looked like men against boys. They were fitter, hungrier and had good shape. I think this league may have worked us out.

Agree teams have seen how we play now and their managers then know what to do.
Thank god Cairney came on,just his presence made others up their game..

snarks

Not really fitter - 3 of their players had cramp after 70 minutes, they were out on their feet at the end

Andy S

We had a lot more chances than they did and over all the result should have been a win to us or a draw. They didn't deserve all three points

Woolly Mammoth

It was a moral victory at the very least. In a way I am glad we are away next week.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Count Flapula

Couldn't agree less. Men against boys? Have a word! Their first goal was miles offside, second goal gifted. They WEREN'T fitter OR hungrier (hence them going down with cramp and them VERY visibly wilting last 10 minutes whilst we poured it on). We played really well second half and displayed both courage and togetherness. Anything less than a point would have been a robbery.

One Martin Thomas

We'll agree to disagree then.

Benny

We should of been 2 - 0 up before their first goal

Bill2

Quote from: Count Flapula on October 14, 2017, 07:44:08 PM

Couldn't agree less. Men against boys? Have a word! Their first goal was miles offside, second goal gifted. They WEREN'T fitter OR hungrier (hence them going down with cramp and them VERY visibly wilting last 10 minutes whilst we poured it on). We played really well second half and displayed both courage and togetherness. Anything less than a point would have been a robbery.
Think we should get used to teams playing like pne, route one physical stuff.  Thought the ref was poor today when he didn't card either of the 2 professional fouls in the first few minutes gave them license to play football, only it was the type they play in America in the NFL.

hovewhite

a big physical snide side get in our faces disrupt our flow timewaste ,foul,block timewaste somemore stop our flow then midfield get over run preston score not once but twice and a perfect way to beat fulham .
Thankfully we kept going and got a desrved piont.
Feel we have to man up from the start of games at the cottage and dominate from the off.

Whitesideup

Quote from: snarks on October 14, 2017, 07:13:03 PM
Not really fitter - 3 of their players had cramp after 70 minutes, they were out on their feet at the end
And perhaps the effort they put in to shut us down  in the first half was not sustainable over 90 minutes. But we still created good chances in the first half. We need to put these away.

Neil D

Fonte had a poor, ineffectual first half.  However, he was a lot livelier in the second and I am hoping that Cairney may be the player to bring the best out of him. 

SuffolkWhite

Feels like a win to me and morally certainly.

PNE played us the way many teams will do in this division and the Ref's in this league will let things go. We do have to play with more Steel and play the Ref as other clubs do!

But does feel like a win so happy with that. Great to see Cairney back.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

grandad

I think overall we deserved more than the 1 point. Cheats & thugs should never prosper. We may not win every game but at least we play with honesty & in the manner the game was intended.
Where there's a will there's a wife