watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Don't Leave

Started by Dodgin, October 14, 2017, 08:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodgin

How many missed the equaliser two guys next to me left with just a couple of minutes left.

Woolly Mammoth

I expect they heard it well enough. 👂
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Whitesideup

Well, they missed a great moment, absolutely loved it. Literally 10 seconds before we had just been discussing how good the keeper's handling had been, how he was catching instead of  punching, and then he tried one catch too far.  Happy days!  (but thought he their keeper had a great game nevertheless).

filham

Always stay to the bitter end otherwise you risk missing the best moments of the match.
I thought we had lost the game and never for one moment thought that keeper would drop the ball for us. He had full command of his area all of the match with brilliant handling of everything in the air except for that last fatal ball.

res

Quote from: filham on October 14, 2017, 08:46:14 PM
Always stay to the bitter end otherwise you risk missing the best moments of the match.
I thought we had lost the game and never for one moment thought that keeper would drop the ball for us. He had full command of his area all of the match with brilliant handling of everything in the air except for that last fatal ball.
Never understand why people arrive late and leave early and moan about the ticket prices.
No idea, either, why their keeper went for the ball, but great awareness by Odio to slot it in.

Marinelloguthrie

My dad left early always does he is 84 so likes to get to the buses before the rush..

I know there is a bit of a thing people leaving early generally in football but in the main people leave early for a reason. However if that reason is that we are not playing well or losing then that's a debate to have.

Personally for me as much as it can be the best moments of your life but sitting there 4 - 0 down 10 mins to go can be so depressing but i feel i have to stay and what makes it more depressing is the empty seats around..

My day how other was I was coming home from funeral don't know why but I can't get mwave once I hit the M3 from the 25 so i was flicking through fm channels sometimes getting bbc wiltsire, solent, Berkshire and London and finally heard we were 2 - 0 down near work office in Basingstoke so stopped there and kept up to date on BBC website. This sadly also a superstition thing as well as if not at game and we are losing I will change media until we concede again.

This season and last though I almost believe that we will always pull something out of the bag in these situaltions now. That's a credit to the manager.

SuffolkWhite

I left early as was busting for the loo after too much Birthday drinking :beer: , just couldn't hold on. I never leave early normally but when we equalised managed to catch the goal on the tv under the Hammy stand. Well at least we didn't lose on me Birthday.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

The Old Count

Quote from: Whitesideup on October 14, 2017, 08:41:09 PM
Well, they missed a great moment, absolutely loved it. Literally 10 seconds before we had just been discussing how good the keeper's handling had been, how he was catching instead of  punching, and then he tried one catch too far.  Happy days!  (but thought he their keeper had a great game nevertheless).
I'm sorry a few missed it.  How good was that when that goal went in.  I was Hammersmith End and the place errupted like I'd not seen it for ages. The banter and chanting afterwards was class.
I appreciate that some people need a leak / have transport issues or whatever - it happens.
Yes, I thought their goalkeeper was MOM too.

grandad

I have never left early, even if we had played a shocker. My group who used to be on the 2nd bar behind the goal at the Cottage end, the old Home end, would stay for ages discussing the game.
Even when we moved to Block G in the JH stand we still never left early.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Carborundum

In my book people can do what they like about arriving and leaving... but it is considerate to wait for a pause in the game to make the move.  Preston provided plenty of them so there's really no excuse.

bobbo

Unusually I stayed right to the end it was one of those matches eh.
Ususally leave with one minute of added time to play and watch the last minute on the outside screens . Right decsion yesterday what a finish
1975 just leaving home full of hope