watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Norwood miss !

Started by Riversider, October 15, 2017, 11:20:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmg

Credit to him for having the bottle, given our recent record, to take it and even more credit for actually converting it.
Not the greatest penalty kick I've ever seen, but it got the job done. Which is the main thing.

How he emerged as the taker is a bit of a puzzle. As far as I can make out that was only his second penalty in League competition. He missed his first one. Four years ago when playing for Huddersfield. Obviously took a while to get his confidence back. Or perhaps he has been practicing these last four seasons.

Woolly Mammoth

I have seen worse misses by so called better players who have cost their clubs a fortune over the years. He more than redeemed himself by scoring the penalty.
I don't know why every mistake has to be dissected as though it was a criminal offence.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

colinwhite

I dont have a problem with missing the goal it was the 4 times he Lost possesion in our half in the first half which got me going. Two of these situations resulted in goal chances (buttons save) one in their second goal, not to mention all the encouragement it gave them to continue their press. Think he is a good squad player but not acceptable to get caught being too slow in possession like that. Nothing to do with making hime a scapegoat BTW.

Tabby

Quote from: colinwhite on October 17, 2017, 05:38:38 AM
I dont have a problem with missing the goal it was the 4 times he Lost possesion in our half in the first half which got me going. Two of these situations resulted in goal chances (buttons save) one in their second goal, not to mention all the encouragement it gave them to continue their press. Think he is a good squad player but not acceptable to get caught being too slow in possession like that. Nothing to do with making hime a scapegoat BTW.

He has consistently been losing out on the ball or playing bad back passes putting the defenders under undue pressure every game I've seen so far. He also seems to have an uncanny knack for getting the ball to end up with the opposition when he tackles.

I haven't seen much to suggest that he is any better than O'Hara, a mediocre championship player. Which I guess is okay considering that he is backup and on loan.

The Old Count

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 17, 2017, 02:46:23 AM
I have seen worse misses by so called better players who have cost their clubs a fortune over the years. He more than redeemed himself by scoring the penalty.
I don't know why every mistake has to be dissected as though it was a criminal offence.

A bit of sense.  Well said.

epsomraver

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 17, 2017, 02:46:23 AM
0001.jpeg