watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Potential Strikers In the January Window

Started by FFC1987, October 16, 2017, 11:55:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

We Are Premier League

Ulloa as a started if AK and Fonte don't not find his feet in the next 10 weekes, or Akpom as a squad player in the event the one of them get injured.

Marcel_Gecov

Marvin Sordell lol now if I ever saw a player that has flattered to deceive its this fella. He played at the Olympic and gas tumbled through the leagues since. If we want backup we need to identify this years Bogle, Vardy, Gray and buy them from a L2 or non-league team. The leagues below are littered with young goal scorers for example Jack Marriott at Petersboroughwho if we could nab one could pay us dividends in the future.

FFC1987

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on October 18, 2017, 08:43:04 AM
Marvin Sordell lol now if I ever saw a player that has flattered to deceive its this fella. He played at the Olympic and gas tumbled through the leagues since. If we want backup we need to identify this years Bogle, Vardy, Gray and buy them from a L2 or non-league team. The leagues below are littered with young goal scorers for example Jack Marriott at Petersboroughwho if we could nab one could pay us dividends in the future.

I mean, we're throwing around suggestions so......any calibre of player from those leagues you can suggest? As I said, Ive been Sordell play about 4 times this season and I was impressed, especially in a struggling team like Burton but hey, its only a suggestion. I can't believe people think Woodrow is better, talk about flattered to deceive! We 100% need another striker, I can't see how if we're supposed to be a top 2 team, we'll compete with our current roster.

Chutney

Quote from: FFC1987 on October 18, 2017, 09:46:59 AM

I mean, we're throwing around suggestions so......any calibre of player from those leagues you can suggest? As I said, Ive been Sordell play about 4 times this season and I was impressed, especially in a struggling team like Burton but hey, its only a suggestion. I can't believe people think Woodrow is better, talk about flattered to deceive! We 100% need another striker, I can't see how if we're supposed to be a top 2 team, we'll compete with our current roster.

We are far from a top 2 team. We have a top 2 manager, but not the squad to match.
C O Y W

FFC1987

Quote from: Chutney on October 18, 2017, 10:03:57 AM
Quote from: FFC1987 on October 18, 2017, 09:46:59 AM

We are far from a top 2 team. We have a top 2 manager, but not the squad to match.

Totally agree to be honest hence why I made this post. Still think a striker is a vital missing component in both starting 11 and squad depth. Hopefully Kamara and Fonte prove their worth but i'm far from convinced right now.

David Allen Crankshaw

Fonte and Kamara will do the business for us.

FFC1987

Quote from: David Allen Crankshaw on October 18, 2017, 12:37:38 PM

Hopefully. I do like the look of Kamara but he looks a bit raw and I'm not sure he'd be as reliable as we'd need for a top 2 finish! Same for Fonte though hence why I personally think we need recruits in January. Woodrow is so far away from the team I'm totally surprised people have even mentioned him.

mrmicawbers

If we are in the mix at Christmas i am sure they will bring in new recruits.Need a centre half more than a forward IMO,but both would be good.

Ronnief

Didn't Sordell play for us as a junior and was deemed not good enough.  I expect we still have records of his strengths and weaknesses and this would show whether he would be good for us now.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: FFC1987 on October 18, 2017, 04:39:19 PM

Hopefully. I do like the look of Kamara but he looks a bit raw and I'm not sure he'd be as reliable as we'd need for a top 2 finish! Same for Fonte though hence why I personally think we need recruits in January. Woodrow is so far away from the team I'm totally surprised people have even mentioned him.
Agree 1987, I can't believe the blind optimism of some on here.

filham

Unless Cairney regains his full match fitness and is able to play 90 minute matches on a regular basis the need for a striker falls into insignificance,

davew

Quote from: filham on October 19, 2017, 07:58:45 PM
Unless Cairney regains his full match fitness and is able to play 90 minute matches on a regular basis the need for a striker falls into insignificance,
Agreed!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

@jolslover

Agree.
People suggesting Sordell and Madine ... shocking
STH H3

Darkside

Quote from: @jolslover on October 20, 2017, 06:08:36 PM

Agree.
People suggesting Sordell and Madine ... shocking

Any idea when Fonte or AK will do anything ??

A last minute goal to keep us up  perhaps...

Woolly Mammoth

Not in this League maybe, but I can recommend one in outer Tim Buc To.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: filham on October 17, 2017, 04:30:17 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on October 16, 2017, 10:41:36 PM
Quote from: filham on October 16, 2017, 06:56:40 PM
Look Fonte and Kamara are showing signs of settling in and in the second half of the season could have improved to the extent that they are both capable of getting goals. Ayite can do a job as a striker and I imagine we can call back Woodrow in an emergency.

So what we don't need is a squad player to become a bench warmer , or a player from overseas who is going to take a long while to settle. If we are going to buy we need a proven striker who is clearly an improvement  on Fonte and Kamara.
Anyone thought how much such a striker will cost, £9m ?, no that was Martin's price last season, we would have to pay more than that for the right man. The chairman is not going to risk the money.

I mean, it wasn't like we were seriously considering roughly 18-20m at the end of the window or anything for Gayle but hey......We also specifically stated we werent writing off Kamara or Fonte, just adding to squad depth so not sure about any of your post to be honest.

We have Fonte, Kamara, Ayite and Woodrow and play with a lone striker, why should we need to add depth to the striker position.

Agreed.

The reason Fonte isn't scoring more is we don't get the ball to him enough.
He will gel with the midfield over time, (hopefully sooner than later), and will score plenty.

His work-rate is great imo.

I'd rather another class midfielder tbh. I fear it will be nigh on impossible to find a replacement of TC's quality.
But I'm really worried his injury is chronic.

COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !