Previous topic - Next topic

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Woolly Mammoth

Brilliant, you couldn't make it up.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

epsomraver

There is a discussion on whether that goal should stand in a shootout situation which apparently is different to the laws of the game regarding penalties, those Refs on here, thoughts?

Holders

"A kick is successful if, having been touched once by the kicker, the ball crosses the goal line between the goal posts and under the crossbar, without touching any player, official, or outside agent other than the defending goalkeeper. The ball may touch the goalkeeper, goal posts, or crossbar any number of times before going into the goal as long as the referee believes the ball's motion is the result of the initial kick". Unless the pitch itself is regarded as an "outside agent" it's ok.

bog

That has to be the best one ever!  :005: The ultimate hero to zero? :58:

092.gif

epsomraver

Apparently someone on the BBC sport page said during a shoot out the ball cannot travel backwards? that is why I was asking

davew

I think we should sign the guy, at least it could be counted as a shot on target, amazing to watch though especially for the goal keeper (lol)!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Holders

Quote from: epsomraver on October 23, 2017, 09:17:19 PM
Apparently someone on the BBC sport page said during a shoot out the ball cannot travel backwards? that is why I was asking

The referee has to believe that the ball's motion was as a result of the initial kick. There's no doubt about that, it doesn't say anything about the direction of movement.

filham

Wow, that really has to be the most unique penalty ever.
Bet our players are now being coached to forget both power and placing penalties but to apply a high degree of backspin to the ball.

JakeFFC

I am assuming that's what Fonte was aiming for with his attempt against QPR.....

Woolly Mammoth

It was the way the guy in goal ran out to celebrate, whilst the bloke who took the pen put his head in his hands and wanted the Ground to swallow him up.
But they hadn't read the script, because within seconds the Goalie is scrambling back to watch the ball bounce over the line. If he had stayed in goal, it wouldn't have happened, and then the bloke who took the pen is on his knees praying and thanking the Lord.
It was like something out of Benny Hill and the Keystone Cops rolled into one.
Pure Theatre and worth the admission fee alone.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: bog on October 23, 2017, 08:46:08 PM
That has to be the best one ever!  :005: The ultimate hero to zero? :58:

092.gif

Zero to Hero perhaps :54: