more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Were Our Summer Dealings Good Enough

Started by filham, October 24, 2017, 03:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twig

Quote from: Jims Dentist on October 25, 2017, 08:50:51 PM
So from the responces so far our summer dealings were not good enough.

The next question is should the totally unqualified Laurel and Hardy be allowed to continue to waste whatever money we can spend under FFP in January, or will Daddy Shahid realise what an error he has made by his nepotistic appointment of his son and his chum?

My answer to that is: no they shouldn't but no Shad won't. So nothing will change.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: filham on October 25, 2017, 06:19:45 PM
Quote from: Keynsham on October 25, 2017, 05:30:06 PM
Yes. Norwood at least is significantly better than both.

From the little we have seen this season both LVC and Tunnicliffe have shown better form than Cisse.

LVC had not been good in almost 2 years and Tunnicliffe was a runner but in his Time should never have been a first choice. Cisse is the same age Tunnicliffe was when he joined and has already played more, If Cisse scores vs Leeds you wouldn't be writing. Fine margins.

FulhamStu

Net spend = 0, net improvement = 0, about the same and losing Cairney has cost us a lot.
Imagine if we had sold Cairney for £20M and spent that on a top central defender and striker, would we be better then ?

aaronmcguigan

I think looking at it in simple terms, this time last year we went to Villa Park and lost as well, but last year we had Sigurdsson and Parker as starters, with Cairney not in the team. He had been replaced by KMac in the previous games at Barnsley/Norwich and was out of the side.
Just goes to show that although last years team was great, it took a long while to click, but there's proof it can click and work perfect.

toshes mate

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on October 25, 2017, 10:58:40 PM
If Cisse scores vs Leeds you wouldn't be writing. Fine margins.

Fine margins indeed.  If every good chance our opponents have had had been converted we would be in serious trouble right now.  The art of football is to leave as little as possible to chance and you do that by having everybody involved being on the same page.  That is as true in the boardroom as it is on the training pitch.

Keynsham

From the little we have seen this season both LVC and Tunnicliffe have shown better form than Cisse.

I fail to see what significance that has. You asked if they were an upgrade, and yes, overall they are.

Carborundum

This day last year our beloved 16/17 squad had put together a run of seven points in nine games.  So it might be a bit early to pass judgement on the summer comings and goings this time around.

I'd be prepared to stick my neck out and suggest that buying Kamara, resigning Sessegnon and selling Jozebed are obviously good moves.  Selling LVC strikes me as obviously a bad decision.  Judgement reserved on everything else.

filham

Quote from: Keynsham on October 26, 2017, 09:21:25 AM

I fail to see what significance that has. You asked if they were an upgrade, and yes, overall they are.
The facts are we saw some great games from LVC and some really hard work from Tunniclliffe whereas up to now we have seen little of consequence from Cisse so there is nothing  suggest he is an improvement on the two players sold. Time may prove differently of course but how long do we have to wait.

Keynsham

But Norwood is better than both, right?

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Twig on October 25, 2017, 10:00:48 PM

The next question is should the totally unqualified Laurel and Hardy be allowed to continue to waste whatever money we can spend under FFP in January, or will Daddy Shahid realise what an error he has made by his nepotistic appointment of his son and his chum?

My answer to that is: no they shouldn't but no Shad won't. So nothing will change.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Jims Dentist on October 26, 2017, 08:03:41 PM

Sadly, I agree Twig.
The two comedians will likely be given free reign to go and repeat their mistakes, possibly signing another 5'9", 11 stone central striker who is unsuitable for the championship and wasting further funds from the FFP budget.

filham

Quote from: Jims Dentist on October 26, 2017, 08:11:13 PM
Quote from: Jims Dentist on October 26, 2017, 08:03:41 PM

Sadly, I agree Twig.
The two comedians will likely be given free reign to go and repeat their mistakes, possibly signing another 5'9", 11 stone central striker who is unsuitable for the championship and wasting further funds from the FFP budget.
Stats Boy supposedly carries out a lot of statistical checks on players to ensure our incoming transfers are solid and good value for money. Are there similar checks carried out on these players after they have been with us for half a season to check that Stats Boy's selections were good for us.

Surely if he keeps getting it wrong the chairman is going to restrict his influence on transfers.

Tonywa

Quote from: filham on October 26, 2017, 09:01:31 PM

Always assuming that the Chairman is knowledgable enough to realise what a pile of offal he's spending his money on.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Tonywa on October 26, 2017, 09:49:19 PM

Always assuming that the Chairman is knowledgable enough to realise what a pile of offal he's spending his money on.

He's only a self-made multi-billionaire, I highly doubt he practices due diligence in his investments....

Good god, sometimes this board is mental.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Statto on October 27, 2017, 02:02:37 PM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on October 27, 2017, 09:57:50 AM
Quote from: Tonywa on October 26, 2017, 09:49:19 PM

He's only a self-made multi-billionaire, I highly doubt he practices due diligence in his investments....

Good god, sometimes this board is mental.

I can tell you from observing the panel on Dragon's Den that a lot of thick people still manage to become rich by being in the right place at the right time. In fairness I don't get the impression that applies to Shahid Khan, nonetheless I see no logical reason that success in the US car bumper industry should imply competence in English football. On the contrary, given he's now a billionaire, I doubt he cares for any thing so boring as "due diligence" these days, beyond deciding which of the multiple yoga instructors on his yacht is his favourite. This is demonstrated by his (overall terrible) management of Fulham thus far.

To say it's terrible is harsh. Harsh is the Notts Forest owner, the Coventry one, Mr fernandes at QPR, Oyston, etc etc. An owner who spends money, got in a decent manager, refused to sell cairney for 20m(!), bought land as well as part of the Thames, and is working on a stadium expansion is certainly not terrible. He started badly you're right, however Mr Magath is the the main mistake. Since relegation everything he has done has been with good intentions and I think is doing a decent job.

toshes mate

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on October 27, 2017, 02:14:04 PM
To say it's terrible is harsh. Harsh is the Notts Forest owner, the Coventry one, Mr fernandes at QPR, Oyston, etc etc. An owner who spends money, got in a decent manager, refused to sell cairney for 20m(!), bought land as well as part of the Thames, and is working on a stadium expansion is certainly not terrible. He started badly you're right, however Mr Magath is the the main mistake. Since relegation everything he has done has been with good intentions and I think is doing a decent job.

Yes, well, the lower you fall the easier it is to give the impression things are improving.  Perhaps.

WayneKerrins

Squad deeper.

First XI slightly worse (may review this if Soares does what some predict).
I'd take 6th tomorrow if offfered it.

At the end of last season with Tone telling everyone in the riverside function that significant investment would be made in the Team I thought we would have a good chance of automatic promotion. After another zero net spend + failed big bid on last day window that isn't on the cards.

Malone was a decent left back and has been unfairly billed as a one season wonder who couldn't defend.

Aluko even with his one glaring weakness was a top 20 Champ player last season his various replacements haven't looked near that yet although I think they each have something about them.

But as Khan boasted. 'We did better last season than plenty who spent more than us'. That tells you what this is all about.

Jims Dentist

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Jims Dentist on October 29, 2017, 05:43:02 PM
Decent job????!!!!
He has appointed his son and his friend to crucial football positions within our club, despite them having very little experience or qualifications for such posts.
They are making a pigs ear of our transfer dealings and that (which is particularly manifested in our home results) is why there is so much disharmony right now.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Jims Dentist on October 29, 2017, 05:51:47 PM
Quote from: Jims Dentist on October 29, 2017, 05:43:02 PM
Decent job????!!!!
He has appointed his son and his friend to crucial football positions within our club, despite them having very little experience or qualifications for such posts.
They are making a pigs ear of our transfer dealings and that (which is particularly manifested in our home results) is why there is so much disharmony right now.

I couldnt agree more, cause if that's a decent job, then I wouldn't want to see a poor job.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.