watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Massive, Massive game on Saturday !

Started by Riversider, October 25, 2017, 11:56:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

I should really start by clarifying that, when I say "Massive,Massive game" it's not a Massive game for me, since 1970 I've seen hundreds of bigger games than this, and I doubt very much that it's a massive game for anybody reading this,
It's certainly not a massive game for Fulham Football Club, over our history this wouldn't even make the top 500 would it !
But I'll tell you who it is a massive, massive game for this weekend, and that's Slavisa Jokanovic , our home performances this season have been poor, and by and large because of our good nature as fans it has been largely accepted but on Saturday we face the worst team in the league, a team who's midfield is built around Darren Pratley and Karl Henry !!
Our midfield should dominate on Saturday,
Jokanovic has been waiting for the right moment to introduce Soares in at left back, well let's face it, you won't get a better chance all season than this Saturday against Bolton, I fully expect to see Soares at left back and Fredericks at right back and both with a license to play as out and out wing backs, with Soares over lapping with Sessegnon ,
It's not just about the points on Saturday it's about the performance , winning 1-0 after a drab scrappy game will lead to more uncertainty and more restlessness,
The points aren't a gimme , they never are in this league, but a good performance should be, If Bolton are to get anything out of the game on Saturday I'd like to think that there eleven players are all going to have to give the performance of their lives rather than Fulham failing to show up as we did first half against Preston,
Time to deliver at home Mr Jokanovic !

Woolly Mammoth

Its also time for Fulham to give the performance of their lives.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

RaySmith

I expect a  hard game, but am hoping for a Fulham win, of course.
COYW!

SuffolkWhite

Obviously want a win, but really want to see a good performance in both halves of games now.

But also lets get behind the team and make it Fortress Cottage again!

COYW  049:gif
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Denver Fulham

A clean sheet would be nice. We haven't had one at the Cottage in about 4,000 matches.

OdecaMynoT

First game I saw at CC in 1963.

3 -1 win.

Let's hope for the same on Saturday.
D'er idee thic s'portin' Farlhum domajis d'er bloin iz two my moind obsquired.

filham

We have but a single win at the Cottage this season from six matches, I imagine therefore that statistically a draw is on the cards.
However, Riversider is dead right, the fans are in need of a good performance , with a clean sheet and a few goals from this match .

Remember we have enjoyed but a single win at the Cottage since the disappointment of the play off matches last season, we really need to see something encouraging to restore our faith.

hovewhite

Just hope is a positive performance with 3 points.

colinwhite

good Op and agree with most of it . Dont think we have played that badly. No excuses ,not the ones we can all come with. We just havent got the results ,but now it is time to deliver.All the  teams we have played at the cottage have been against in form teams ,bolton are not.

filham

Quote from: colinwhite on October 25, 2017, 05:44:13 PM
good Op and agree with most of it . Dont think we have played that badly. No excuses ,not the ones we can all come with. We just havent got the results ,but now it is time to deliver.All the  teams we have played at the cottage have been against in form teams ,bolton are not.

True ,Bolton are not an in form team but just think what failing to win against them would do to our confidence against an inform Bristol City on Tuesday night.

davew

We have struggled to put together good first half and second half performances together this season, so expecting back to back good home performances is probably a bit too much to hope for. My prediction 1 win and 1 defeat.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

The Old Count

Quote from: OdecaMynoT on October 25, 2017, 04:54:38 PM
First game I saw at CC in 1963.

3 -1 win.

Let's hope for the same on Saturday.

My first game as well.  I feel a repeat coming on.  3  -  1

COYW

Whitesideup

I may be a lone voice, but I don't think Bolton are half as bad as their league position suggests , and I have seen some really good moments from their centre forward, whose name escapes me.  I hope I am wrong, but though I think we will win, I anticipate it being much harder than you would expect from playing bottom of the league.

OK ... so after 10 minutes we are 2-0 up and go on to win 6-1. What do I know?

hovewhite

Quote from: Whitesideup on October 25, 2017, 09:03:42 PM
I may be a lone voice, but I don't think Bolton are half as bad as their league position suggests , and I have seen some really good moments from their centre forward, whose name escapes me.  I hope I am wrong, but though I think we will win, I anticipate it being much harder than you would expect from playing bottom of the league.

gary madine.

Riversider

Quote from: davew on October 25, 2017, 06:47:54 PM
We have struggled to put together good first half and second half performances together this season, so expecting back to back good home performances is probably a bit too much to hope for. My prediction 1 win and 1 defeat.

Agreed, I'm all set for a scrappy, uninspiring win on Saturday before a comprehensive 3-1 home defeat on Tuesday night, hope I'm wrong but I really fancy City to turn us over hence the reason why Saturday is so important.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: hovewhite on October 26, 2017, 08:19:22 AM
Quote from: Whitesideup on October 25, 2017, 09:03:42 PM

gary madine.
Madine is THE SORT of forward we need, not necessarily him but someone like him who can play with their back to goal, actually will win a few headers and who has a reasonable scoring record.

Twig

I agree with the OP, it's about time we put ina dominant home performane. And if we can't produce it against Bolton when the hell will we?

Beamer

Are Bristol City in that good form. OK they beat a very poor Palace (sorry Roy) but their last few results weren't startling. Two wins are what we should be expecting (if we hadn't been here so many times in the past) and that would put us right in the picture.

Woolly Mammoth

I agree. If we have anything about us we should be going into these matches with the sole aim of achieving maximum points, and maybe on paper we should be winning both matches.
But would you put your mortgage on it, no I expect you wouldn't, and neither would I.
Nevertheless, 6 points in the next few days, especially at home, will make so much difference, not only to our League position, but for confidence and morale on and off the pitch.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Riversider

As I said earlier, because of some insipid, laborious, uninspiring home performances under Jokanovic, he has now got himself in to a position whereby the performance is as important as the points,
A scrappy, nervy odd goal victory that raises more questions than answers and social media will go in to meltdown on Saturday night,
As I say it's a Massive game for Slavisa Jokanovic.