watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What was your first game?

Started by SadOldGit, October 26, 2017, 03:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kovy

Fulham vs the MLS all-stars in 2005 I think it was.  Fell in love with the club ever since.

Andy S

My first game was after the 1966 World Cup win. Fulham v West Ham the score was 4-2 to the whites. There were 4 World Cup finalists on show. Our own George Cohen, Bobby Moore, Martin peters and Geoff Hurst. There was also the former England captain Johnny Haynes. In goal was Tony Macedo and up front were Steve Earle Alan Clarke and Les Barrett. I think  jim Conway was playing as well as Stan Brown and Bobby Robson and John Dempsey. That's only 10 could it have been Brian Nichols

kiwian

Spurs in FA cup replay Jan 84 lost 2-0, my abiding memory is the booing of Archibald, Best doing a halftime presentation and Bird of Paradise blaring out the speakers.
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?

tommy

I wasn't allowed to go watch a game until I was 15. That was a home game against Blackburn in the league cup. The year was the year we nearly got relegated out of the football league and professional football. We lost to Blackburn (premier league team at the time) but I was properly hooked by the cottage.

Grumpy Worthing White

My first game was at The Cottage  Saturday13th November 1965 v Nottingham Forest with the very unusual score line of 1-1, if memory serves me correct the next home game we lost 4-1 against Northampton Town, Tony Macedo  broke his jaw and Rodney Marsh went in goal, my next home game we wupped Sunderland 3-0, and fair to say I`ve been  Fulham ever since. 092.gif  049:gif  092.gif  049:gif

Burt

Quote from: tommy on October 27, 2017, 03:51:11 AM
I wasn't allowed to go watch a game until I was 15. That was a home game against Blackburn in the league cup. The year was the year we nearly got relegated out of the football league and professional football. We lost to Blackburn (premier league team at the time) but I was properly hooked by the cottage.

I made my Cottage debut v. Blackburn as well, a 1-1 draw in 1974 or thereabouts. I think Mellor saved a penalty near the end.

Tonywa

17th February 1962 v Port Vale in the cup. Won 1-0 through a dodgy penalty and my dad took me, as a kid, to stand at he Putney End..Here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=regOagwenVg

RaySmith

About 61/62, can't remember the game, but I went with my Dad -I think it was his first time  at the Cottage too - he was a Palace fan, but I soon became a staunch Fulham fan.

The team I saw  when I first went would have been very much like this -
Macedo, Cohen, Dodgin, Lowe, Langley, Mullery, Leggat, Robson, Haynes, O'Connell, Cook

Peabody

I've said it before and I'm proud to say it again, my first game was Sept 1946 v Luton Town, we won 2-1.

Sir Alec of good Stock

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Holders on October 26, 2017, 06:53:46 PM
QPR at home in the League Cup 2-0 about 1971

Last 30,000 crowd at the Cottage. First game Bristol City Anglo Scottish Cup 1978, lost 0-3

SG

Charlton in 1957 or 58. Dad took me aged 7. There was a big crowd and I didn't see a thing. The old man used to go to the Cottage one week and the dog track the other even though he was a staunch Fulham fan. Thankfully he only ever took me to the Cottage- the rest as they say is history

FulhamKC

14 August 1999. 0-0 v Man City. First home game of the season. Newly promoted to the old League Division One. Paul Bracewell's first game in charge. Don't remember much about the game except for the City captain being sent off. He was near the Hammersmith end when it happened and slowly walked to the Cottage while the crowd shouted "You fat b*st*rd!"

It was an absolutely beautiful day. I took the train to Putney and walked across the Putney Bridge and through Bishops Park to the stadium. where I bought a ticket from a tout. I was almost knocked over with how beautiful it looked in the sunlight. Was totally taken with the venue, crowd and atmosphere. I adopted Fulham as my team and became a season ticket holder for the season. Unfortunately, I had to return to the States but have followed them ever since.

mouse

Lecester at home,night match 1965/6.
18 odd thousand......lost 4-0....hooked ever since.

Artful Dodger

FA Cup 1st round loss at home to Colchester who were the league below! We were 4th in the old 3rd division and they were near the bottom of the 4th and we still lost! Nevertheless I was hooked!

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Artful Dodger

Quote from: Artful Dodger on October 29, 2017, 02:23:48 PM
FA Cup 1st round loss at home to Colchester who were the league below! We were 4th in the old 3rd division and they were near the bottom of the 4th and we still lost! Nevertheless I was hooked!

It was 1988 ish....

Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Holders

Quote from: FulhamKC on October 27, 2017, 11:31:48 PM
14 August 1999. 0-0 v Man City. First home game of the season. Newly promoted to the old League Division One. Paul Bracewell's first game in charge. Don't remember much about the game except for the City captain being sent off. He was near the Hammersmith end when it happened and slowly walked to the Cottage while the crowd shouted "You fat b*st*rd!"

It was an absolutely beautiful day. I took the train to Putney and walked across the Putney Bridge and through Bishops Park to the stadium. where I bought a ticket from a tout. I was almost knocked over with how beautiful it looked in the sunlight. Was totally taken with the venue, crowd and atmosphere. I adopted Fulham as my team and became a season ticket holder for the season. Unfortunately, I had to return to the States but have followed them ever since.

He was horrible - name of Morrison.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria