watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is Roy getting greyer by the day?

Started by epsomraver, September 16, 2010, 01:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

epsomraver

Looking at the pictures of him today on the BBC http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/9002903.stm he looks a lot older than he did with us, the strain is telling!

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Terry Tibbs

Probably too busy babying Gerrard & Torres to keep up his usual blue rinse appointments.

Or, as blue is Everton's colour, maybe his blue rinses have been banned.

duffbeer

I think so.  What a sorry state he is in compared to what he had.  Watched their last match and they looked dreadful.  Konch was the best player on the pitch, probably because he the only one at that club not making excuses at the moment.

epsomraver

Terry Tibbs

Nah, that's his budget for his next signing....from AEK Athens.

Quote from: epsomraver on September 16, 2010, 01:42:54 PM
Grecian 2000 is the stuff I am told

Oakeshott

I agree. Watching Roy after Liverpool's rather fortunate draw at Birmingham, I thought he'd aged quite a bit in the barely four months since the Final. There is obviously quite a lot of bad blood within the Club hierarchy and that is bound to impact on him - especially as new owners might want to get their own man in.

leonffc

I was thinking the other day how edgy he looks doing press confrences. His head is moving from side to side at almost the rate of a Gerry Francis

Jimpav

Roy gets a new grey hair everytime he does an interview or is quoted in the media.

aFFCn_Fan

Watching him during the bit I saw of the Liverpool game he seemed to be rubbning his forehead. When he was with us, didn't he always used to rub his chin. Now I'm no body language expert, but I'd like to think it has some significance. Chin rubbing = a bit worried. Forehead rubbing = "oh f00k"
@hincharoo

LordNelson

Looked a bit more plump as well.  Pitch must be slightly more crowded with all those gargantuan heads taking up the space.
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

OldBrownShoe

I still think he will be gone from Liverpool before the end of the season.

Rubbing his head = oh f00k..what have I done!

What happened to all the face touching he used to do when being interviewed?

Liverpool crowds have generally been supportive of their managers (eg even Benitez) but whereas putting down our markers around mid-table or just above would probably please most of us, a position outside the top four or five or the defensive play would definitely not satisfy Liverpool owners, board, star players (the one or two they have left) or supporters.  Next stop Andorra or Luxembourg perhaps?
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

Burt

I've said it before and I'll say it again, but the move to Liverpool whilst understandable was not the right move for him and he will sink under the combined weight of trying to manage a disparate bunch of highly-paid drama queens and a fan base that has very high expectations.

ron

It's all down to the time difference between civilisation and Anfield. Mysteriously, it's 20 years behind there, but humans age 20 years when they arrive.

:032:

Lighthouse

I often tune in to SKY ROY. This is the station that has at least two press conferences a day from Roy. The fact is the strain of having to think of saying the same thing over and over again in a new and slightly exotic fashion begins to show in all our faces. I have realised that by saying nothing new on this site for some many months has caused me to lose my hair.

So spare a thought when he has to say ' It is not a bad start' 'We need this settled quickly' The League takes priority'  and ' The drugs haven't kicked in yet'. It wouldn't be easy for any of us.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FatFreddysCat

I really really really hope we turn in a Juventus like performance against them and smash them at the Cottage.

Terry Tibbs

Will we need to be that good to turn them over, Fred?

They did have an aura about them for years (as we all know).  But that's all been spent (I call it the Steve Davis syndrome), and no one's impressed with them anymore.

I honestly think we're a better team on our day.

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on September 16, 2010, 10:11:21 PM
I really really really hope we turn in a Juventus like performance against them and smash them at the Cottage.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Ha !!! Permo-tan Konchesky having one of his mad moment, and it not costing us a goal, would be tanfastic,

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Terry Tibbs on September 16, 2010, 10:37:32 PM
Will we need to be that good to turn them over, Fred?

They did have an aura about them for years (as we all know).  But that's all been spent (I call it the Steve Davis syndrome), and no one's impressed with them anymore.

I honestly think we're a better team on our day.

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on September 16, 2010, 10:11:21 PM
Being realistic they will finish above us come the end of the season, but we are very capable of beating them at home, infact we might start as slight favorites??. But i'm hoping to not just beat them but really turning them over. And dont forget Woy weally wouldn't want to lose to us, his pre match talk will have an extra edge to it. But i weally weally wont to smash them all over the Gaff, infact i might even grace Fulham with my presence for that game.

HatterDon

:55: :55: :55: :55: :55: :55: :55: :55:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel