News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

U23's win v Norwich (look ahead to Charlton as well)

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, October 27, 2017, 09:21:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

2-0.

That's three wins on the spin heading into the Charlton match on Wednesday.

Look, I know the Checkatrade Trophy gets a bad wrap, but this is the future of Fulham we are talking about. We've had good attendances for Fulham youth games in the past (nearly 4,500 against Chelsea in 2014), but the young lads need as much support as they can get.

I urge you (although can't force you, as much as I'd like to) to get down to The Valley on Wednesday and support the team
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

cmg

Having scored 9 in 7 u18 games, Cam Thompson comes on as 60th minute sub and nets the second.

res

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on October 27, 2017, 09:21:01 PM
2-0.

That's three wins on the spin heading into the Charlton match on Wednesday.

Look, I know the Checkatrade Trophy gets a bad wrap, but this is the future of Fulham we are talking about. We've had good attendances for Fulham youth games in the past (nearly 4,500 against Chelsea in 2014), but the young lads need as much support as they can get.

I urge you (although can't force you, as much as I'd like to) to get down to The Valley on Wednesday and support the team

Is it the 16 year old Luca Ashby-Hammond who has now played the last couple of U23 games rather than his older(18?) brother?

Whatever, I hope the lads get some support on Wednesday, the end result of a "Checkatrade Trophy Run" is a trip to Wembley for the final.

cmg

Quote from: res on October 28, 2017, 08:21:43 AM

Is it the 16 year old Luca Ashby-Hammond who has now played the last couple of U23 games rather than his older(18?) brother?

It's a bit confusing, but as far as I can make out the situation is:

Luca (16) has played in all the u18 games so far except v. Swansea when he was away with the England squad. His replacement in that match was his elder brother, Taye, who at 18 is still ok for u18 games.

Taye started off the season on the bench for the u23s as Magnus Norman's understudy but Luca seems to have replaced him as understudy after the Reading game. And Luca has now started the last 2 u23 matches. So, in effect, seems to be the u23 AND the u18 keeper.
Whether this is due to injury or a revision of the pecking order I know not.

George Wickens was u23 sub v Wolves but there does not seem to be a keeper sub listed for last night's match!