watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

automatic promotion...safe to say now

Started by jarv, October 28, 2017, 05:30:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Yet despite this habit of continually dropping home points.
By the end of this week, we could be only 4 points away from an automatic promotion place.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

MJG

Forget top two thats gone.

Playoffs still well within our grasp and far too early to write off.
Just the views of a long term fan

jarv

My intention was not to start a negative post. I just looked at the table and thought....

I am concerned about home form, history repeating itself. However, good news, I will be jetting into London for the Derby game so I hope home form improves.  In over 20 years, attending a match when in UK, I have only seen Fulham lose once. The fateful (bottom of the league)Sunderland match. So, I hope I bring some luck. 049:gif

FFC1987

Yep, top 2 was the target, even Slav said so during pre season and we're woefully drifting from top 6 let alone top 2. We've failed spectacularly and things seem very wrong behind the scenes. We don't have the same dynamic, we're sluggish, not critical and prone to conceding cheap, easy goals. I'm not writing us off, asking for a change in management, but I seriously hope, if this is a failure, the guys who recruit are held accountable. Its been dire and just isn't working. In context, the target was top 2, we've almost certainly failed and don't look confident in at least being a 3rd/4th side.

MJG

Quote from: FFC1987 on October 30, 2017, 12:04:43 PM
Yep, top 2 was the target, even Slav said so during pre season and we're woefully drifting from top 6 let alone top 2. We've failed spectacularly and things seem very wrong behind the scenes. We don't have the same dynamic, we're sluggish, not critical and prone to conceding cheap, easy goals. I'm not writing us off, asking for a change in management, but I seriously hope, if this is a failure, the guys who recruit are held accountable. Its been dire and just isn't working. In context, the target was top 2, we've almost certainly failed and don't look confident in at least being a 3rd/4th side.
Hardly drifting from 6th. We are no worse off than after game 9. Standing still at the moment maybe.

FFC1987

Quote from: MJG on October 30, 2017, 12:20:59 PM
Hardly drifting from 6th. We are no worse off than after game 9. Standing still at the moment maybe.

'Hardly drifting' i'd say dropping points to bottom 3 clubs and giving points away cheaply to rivals will impact that come end of season. I know we've spoken before (and on twitter) about this and we agreed to look again come xmas and we'll see. I'm predicting a bad scenario relying on improbable form levels like last year with a different/weaker squad dynamic. We'll see. Happy to be very wrong.

MJG

Quote from: FFC1987 on October 30, 2017, 12:33:43 PM

'Hardly drifting' i'd say dropping points to bottom 3 clubs and giving points away cheaply to rivals will impact that come end of season. I know we've spoken before (and on twitter) about this and we agreed to look again come xmas and we'll see. I'm predicting a bad scenario relying on improbable form levels like last year with a different/weaker squad dynamic. We'll see. Happy to be very wrong.

As I posted elsewhere our record against teams below us at the moment is actually better than at this stage last season:
2016 of the 6 sides we had played below us the record was P6 W1 D4 L1 Pts 7
in 2017 of the 6 sides we had played below us the record is P6 W2 D2 L2 Pts 8

You would hope for more so we are not playing catch up but its what it is. I dont believe we have a weaker squad as such(maybe an XI atm yes). Maybe its just the words your using 'Drifting' when we are not and 'weaker squad' that im seemingly pulling you up on, but its just not all doom and gloom at this moment.

FFC1987

Quote from: MJG on October 30, 2017, 12:43:49 PM

As I posted elsewhere our record against teams below us at the moment is actually better than at this stage last season:

You would hope for more so we are not playing catch up but its what it is. I dont believe we have a weaker squad as such(maybe an XI atm yes). Maybe its just the words your using 'Drifting' when we are not and 'weaker squad' that im seemingly pulling you up on, but its just not all doom and gloom at this moment.

I just hate the comparison to last year as a barometer to how we can do this year when we had an abnormal run of form, picking up highly unlikely results (and dropping some against teams we likely should of beat) as a safe measure of 'we shouldn't be concerned' You're right, its not all doom and gloom, but its also not sunshine and rainbows and the longer we keep slipping and dropping points, the higher the improbability of us making playoffs.

I maintain we are weaker this year than last year as a whole for a team that targeted top 2 and I feel we're drifting away to our secondary target of top 6 by playing woefully and dropping points against teams we need them from and not relying on getting points against teams its unlikely from. Ie Burton/Bolton - Wolves etc

MJG

Quote from: FFC1987 on October 30, 2017, 12:53:44 PM

I just hate the comparison to last year as a barometer to how we can do this year when we had an abnormal run of form, picking up highly unlikely results (and dropping some against teams we likely should of beat) as a safe measure of 'we shouldn't be concerned' You're right, its not all doom and gloom, but its also not sunshine and rainbows and the longer we keep slipping and dropping points, the higher the improbability of us making playoffs.

I maintain we are weaker this year than last year as a whole for a team that targeted top 2 and I feel we're drifting away to our secondary target of top 6 by playing woefully and dropping points against teams we need them from and not relying on getting points against teams its unlikely from. Ie Burton/Bolton - Wolves etc
But are you not comparing our run last year to what could happen this year by saying its unlikely to happen again? For you to do that its just for someone like me to look at last season and say we are doing better at this moment than last season at the same stage?

FFC1987

Quote from: MJG on October 30, 2017, 01:17:31 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on October 30, 2017, 12:53:44 PM

But are you not comparing our run last year to what could happen this year by saying its unlikely to happen again? For you to do that its just for someone like me to look at last season and say we are doing better at this moment than last season at the same stage?

I am insinuating that yes, if a comparison between this year and last is being conducted, we'd need to evaluate the probability of another godly run of form. Its 100% subjective on whether we would of not but i'd argue the run of form we saw last year is improbable this year with our current starting 11/squad. Just my opinion and maybe it is pessimistic but its 100% based on what i've seen this season.