watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

automatic promotion...safe to say now

Started by jarv, October 28, 2017, 05:30:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

Just about out of reach already.....unless a miracle happens.

play offs....not far away but about a dozen teams in the hunt.

Tooting legend

We are in October not March calm down we are only 2 months in.

MikeW

Tooting .... so where do you see the improvement coming from?  Don't tout the Jan window because we all know nothing will happen 'cos the stats aren't right, everyone available is over 28 and basically it's just the crap who are available.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

ScalleysDad

Shall we go with this again then.
The chances of us Hitting a sweet run of form at the same time as other teams collapse is unlikely. Like it or not that is what actually happened last year and then when we did play what had been a consistent top six side we had nothing.
We needed so much more investment than a fanciful base line of a top six side suggested.

Lighthouse

We are closer to the playoffs than Bolton are to safety. Yet we couldn't score against them until injury time. We only out shot them when they were defending to hold onto their lead. We are not playing well and frankly are nowhere near good enough to get close to the playoffs. One win at home proves that.

Sorry but we had our chance to improve the side from last season. We didn't and now have an average to good Championship side. But not really good enough to be a play off side yet.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

bill taylors apprentice

We have one point more than the same time last season but considering the awful September last season that's nothing to shout about!

I believe we have strengthened the depth of the squad but not the team, the standard in the Championship has gone up and we have stood still, performance wise.

thebumponleroyshead

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on October 28, 2017, 05:59:53 PM
We have one point more than the same time last season but considering the awful September last season that's nothing to shout about!

I believe we have strengthened the depth of the squad but not the team, the standard in the Championship has gone up and we have stood still, performance wise.
That's exactly it, we've stood still and 4 teams have broken the bank, hence we'll do well to sneak sixth. But you know what, other teams have done that and then without FFP Khan might get excited. Until then I'm just pleased we don't have Magath, or Branfoot for that matter, but then I'm a butter side up kind of guy. We'll put the Bristolians to the sword, just, with a fitter Cairney but Fonte? Not in the Championship, he's a Portuguese poppadum.
Oh You Lucky People We're the Best Team in The Land

MrD1879

If our home form continues as it is we 'll be looking over our shoulder more then looking up the table.

I agree that the league has moved forward but we have stood still. You can point figures at the recruitment but thinking that he could and then playing Fonte as a winger when we have 15 other options for that position if only one man's fault. The world has worked out how to play us but Slav is two steps behind

Mince n Tatties

All this negatively, I don't know...lol
I was called by  certain few last week,doom and gloom merchant... Steady or you will be bracketed with me for seeing things how they are.😹  😹  😹

grandad

How many full games have we had Cairney available for ? One man doesn´t make a team but he does half help.
Where there's a will there's a wife

ChesterTheTabby

I'm generally pretty positive, but these past few weeks have turned that upside down. At least we showed spirit and I think we played fairly well overall
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

bill taylors apprentice

The quandary I'm in is, of course I want my team to win every game but I'd rather watch a good Championship team rather than a struggling PL team.

I've seen all the ups and too many downs since the sixties and am guilty of wanting an enjoyable game where we win more often than lose!

Woolly Mammoth

Cairney won't save us, no matter how well he plays. Not while we have no striker and a powder puff defence that has no physicality. If Khan doesn't push the boat out in January, we are sunk in more ways than one.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Marinelloguthrie

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on October 28, 2017, 06:27:33 PM
The quandary I'm in is, of course I want my team to win every game but I'd rather watch a good Championship team rather than a struggling PL team.

I've seen all the ups and too many downs since the sixties and am guilty of wanting an enjoyable game where we win more often than lose!
[/quot

100% agree...

The Enclosurite

Still pretty positive about the play offs but not so about automatic, but as stated, it's October so there is no way I'm giving up on it just yet.  This coming January transfer window needs to be season changing without a doubt, something that the men in charge failed with last season.
¡COYW!

filham

Quote from: The Enclosurite on October 28, 2017, 08:22:42 PM
Still pretty positive about the play offs but not so about automatic, but as stated, it's October so there is no way I'm giving up on it just yet.  This coming January transfer window needs to be season changing without a doubt, something that the men in charge failed with last season.
Lets not put our faith in good recruits in January, they are likely to be selected by Stats Boy again and will simply be clones of the unsuitable players purchased last summer.

Woolly Mammoth

.....and the men in charge will continue to fail until they are replaced. As there is no evidence to prove otherwise. 

Never forget your Roots.

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 28, 2017, 06:49:07 PM
Cairney won't save us, no matter how well he plays. Not while we have no striker and a powder puff defence that has no physicality. If Khan doesn't push the boat out in January, we are sunk in more ways than one.

I really don't get this point of view. Not having a go but the majority are dubious about the stats squad and our general recruitment, some are even sceptical of Khan. Most however , probably 90% + are well behind Slav and he can do little wrong.

I'm sure that a great coach, and knowledgeable coaching team can empower, coach, inspire , challenge this group of clearly talented individuals and come up with tactics to win matches, keep clean sheets, do something positive with set pieces etc.

Isn't it Slavs remit to do the above? The recruitment has specifically been taken away from him so he can focus on the coaching, on improving individuals through synergy, teamwork and tactics . What I'm getting at is we can't and shouldn't wait til January when we have people at the club right now who's sole job is continuous improvement . Whether that's positioning, psychology, man management, developing and improving confidence..

Should we actually be content with seeing the same stuff week in week out when the same stuff has been proven to not be good enough.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Newry FFC on October 28, 2017, 08:48:31 PM

I really don't get this point of view. Not having a go but the majority are dubious about the stats squad and our general recruitment, some are even sceptical of Khan. Most however , probably 90% + are well behind Slav and he can do little wrong.

I'm sure that a great coach, and knowledgeable coaching team can empower, coach, inspire , challenge this group of clearly talented individuals and come up with tactics to win matches, keep clean sheets, do something positive with set pieces etc.

Isn't it Slavs remit to do the above? The recruitment has specifically been taken away from him so he can focus on the coaching, on improving individuals through synergy, teamwork and tactics . What I'm getting at is we can't and shouldn't wait til January when we have people at the club right now who's sole job is continuous improvement . Whether that's positioning, psychology, man management, developing and improving confidence..

Should we actually be content with seeing the same stuff week in week out when the same stuff has been proven to not be good enough.

I agree with your observations and deductions.

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

Quote from: Newry FFC on October 28, 2017, 08:48:31 PM

I do think that Slav is showing a worryingly intransigent streak.  There are changes we have all discussed that could refresh the team but which he seems reluctant to embrace.  I think that's the first of your observations. Hopefully he will step up.