more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hmmm not one single Slav Out post !!

Started by Riversider, October 28, 2017, 07:28:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robbie

I think he is on borrowed time.
Our team does not even seem to understand the concept of the Zone of Uncertainty .... putting the ball repeatedly about 8-10 yards out ... too far for the keeper, disruptive to the back line.
Our corners and set pieces are generally a joke.
Every team in the league knows our (fragile) possession game.

Riversider

In 72 hours Slav has to conjure up a tactical master plan against a well drilled well organised Bristol City side that is full of confidence ,
It's almost unimaginable that City won't score, which means we will of course need to score at least twice ,
We all know how Slav will want to play, but the downside is that Bristol City and every other side in the division will also know exactly know exactly how Slav will set set us up to play, sadly we have become very predictable, so the $64 million dollar question is , does he have the nous and the tactical ability to adapt and change ?
We looked far better when Sessegnon pushed up to play wide left instead of left back so where was Soares and will he be drafted in to play on Tuesday ?
Does Slav leave out Norwood and reunite Cairney with Johansen and KMac ?
And what does he do with Fonte ? Surely he must be 'rested'
Does Mollo return to the squad ? Does Graham finally get a chance ?
One thing is for certain , changes need to be made in both personnel and in the game plan , we just can't carry on repeating the same mistakes over and over again !
Let's hope for a better showing and a vast improvement on Tuesday.

Woolly Mammoth

Whoever is marking Aden Flint at set pieces will need a step ladder.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: @jolslover on October 28, 2017, 08:39:56 PM
The opposite. our fans are quite frankly a joke and that's why we do so much better away

They don't back the team. Booing at half time and groaning whenever the ball is played sideways. It's a joke if you ask me.

Maybe they groaning when the ball keeps getting played sideways for the simple reason the goals are at the end of the pitch,not at the sides.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on October 28, 2017, 10:45:47 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on October 28, 2017, 08:39:56 PM
The opposite. our fans are quite frankly a joke and that's why we do so much better away

They don't back the team. Booing at half time and groaning whenever the ball is played sideways. It's a joke if you ask me.

Maybe they groaning when the ball keeps getting played sideways for the simple reason the goals are at the end of the pitch,not at the sides.

Of course, thats where we are going wrong, even I was beginning to think the goals were at the sides of the pitch.

Never forget your Roots.

Riversider

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 28, 2017, 10:35:25 PM
Whoever is marking Aden Flint at set pieces will need a step ladder.

The way it's going it will probably be Sessegnon 🙄

alfie

Quote from: Jurassic Parker on October 28, 2017, 09:02:05 PM
Didnt hear booing at half time or full time myself. Not calling you a liar but wasnt there at the bottom of hammersmith, although that is tourist central it seems. Where were you for this booing? All the booing I experienced was at Bolton or the ref
Could hear the boos in Hammersmith end in the Putney end
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Woolly Mammoth

I don't think for one moment anyone was booing our players, it was either at the referee or the opponents or both.
By the way, where is Slavs Outpost ?

Never forget your Roots.

FFC1987

I can't believe someone has insinuated that the fault of our teams current woeful displays at Home is the fans.....have a look at yourself lad. Utterly moronic thing to say.

RaySmith

Kit was sacked for not being on track for a  promotion or play-off place, so no doubt the same will happen to Slav if results don't improve.

But I think they will improve, and we are underperforming, with injuries to key players like Cairney, and still  struggling with integrating new players, but I also think that clubs are too quick to sack managers, often influenced by fans' concerns, these days.

Well, it's all driven by money, and success means  money for the club and owner, even survival for smaller teams. And fans are impatient  for success, and expect it.

I can't imagine the 60;s Fulham, with Jezzard as a long term manager, and most seasons struggling in the old First Division, until finally being relegated. Yet, those of us older fans lucky enough to  witness this team, with the likes of Haynes, Leggat, Mullery, Macedo, Cohen, Langley, etc, remember this team and period with affection. Today, fans would be booing the team off after yet another loss at home, and definitely criticising the club management and the way it was run.

But football, and society and people's attitudes, have changed a lot of course.

Fernhurst

[Kit was sacked for not being on track for a  promotion or play-off place, so no doubt the same will happen to Slav if results don't improve./b]

Very true Ray.

However, a small clue can be gleaned from Joka's post match interview the same pressure is being applied.

"In the end, it's not enough for us," stated Jokanović."This performance is not good enough, if you compare it to the expectations of the Club. We are not performing at the level that is expected.

Hmmmm Tuesday may be very important
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Riversider

Quote from: Fernhurst on October 29, 2017, 07:31:20 AM
[Kit was sacked for not being on track for a  promotion or play-off place, so no doubt the same will happen to Slav if results don't improve./b]

Very true Ray.

However, a small clue can be gleaned from Joka's post match interview the same pressure is being applied.

"In the end, it's not enough for us," stated Jokanović."This performance is not good enough, if you compare it to the expectations of the Club. We are not performing at the level that is expected.

Defeat to Bristol City and Derby County and the Fat Lady will be clearing her throat !
We need to change our whole approach to the game and the way we go about it, only two things could possibly prevent Jokanovic from doing so,
1, pure stubbiness
2, the inability to effect change
Would love to walk away from Craven Cottage on Tuesday night buoyed by a scintillating home performance, let's face it, it's long overdue.

itombomb

I like the football we play, but we've been conceding pathetic goals for 2 years now with no change. We've got no tactical flexibility (which makes the defensive problems worse). We keep on playing square pegs in round holes.

A lot of that is the fault of SJ.

Woolly Mammoth

If the results continue in this fashion, and the Home displays fail to bring consistent victories, then more and more fingers will be pointed at S J. He doesn't help himself with his body language and disinterest in the technical area, or his repetitive mumbling post match analysis either.

Never forget your Roots.

Milo

Just watching the Sky highlights... Cairney produced almost every chance with defence splitting passes! Has been a big miss and when the team shape back round him I think Fredericks, Sess, and AK are going to be more potent when running in behind defences. With the focus on TC, Johansen and critically Fonte will find a LOT more space to start getting MoTM performances come the end of November.

Watch this space..

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Milo on October 29, 2017, 12:10:38 PM
Just watching the Sky highlights... Cairney produced almost every chance with defence splitting passes! Has been a big miss and when the team shape back round him I think Fredericks, Sess, and AK are going to be more potent when running in behind defences. With the focus on TC, Johansen and critically Fonte will find a LOT more space to start getting MoTM performances come the end of November.

Watch this space..

I take your point, But who will score the goals regularly.

Never forget your Roots.

Riversider

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 29, 2017, 11:52:14 AM
If the results continue in this fashion, and the Home displays fail to bring consistent victories, then more and more fingers will be pointed at S J. He doesn't help himself with his body language and disinterest in the technical area, or his repetitive mumbling post match analysis either.

Funny you mention this, during the second half yesterday, I said to my nephew , look at his body language, he doesn't even look interested ,

Usually Slav is quite animated and can get really worked up at times, but noticeably not yesterday.

Twig

Quote from: Fernhurst on October 29, 2017, 07:31:20 AM

Very true Ray.

Not sure what level the club can reasonably expect when every transfer window is a net zero spend.  On that basis Joka is not doing such a bad job.   Spend some real money then it is fair to raise the expectations but that hadn't happened yet.

Artful Dodger

Its interesting that the 3 unsuccessful play off teams are struggling a bit this year - we are above both Reading and Wednesday. Its often been said that teams struggle the year after failing in the playoffs - shouldn't be an excuse but strange that it has happened to all 3 teams.

As for whether the fault lies with SJ or not, i'm not sure. We didn't spend any money really and surely he didn't tell Ream and Kalas to defend like that yesterday! Add a dodgy offside and a couple of one on one misses and you have to say the players aren't doing SJ any favours. A shake up wouldn't be a bad thing though.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

@jolslover

Quote from: Artful Dodger on October 29, 2017, 09:20:33 PM
Its interesting that the 3 unsuccessful play off teams are struggling a bit this year - we are above both Reading and Wednesday. Its often been said that teams struggle the year after failing in the playoffs - shouldn't be an excuse but strange that it has happened to all 3 teams.

As for whether the fault lies with SJ or not, i'm not sure. We didn't spend any money really and surely he didn't tell Ream and Kalas to defend like that yesterday! Add a dodgy offside and a couple of one on one misses and you have to say the players aren't doing SJ any favours. A shake up wouldn't be a bad thing though.

We did spend money though, The 3rd most in the league aswell. So don't act like Slavisa hasn't been backed. Not sure why that is such a widely regarded opinion.
STH H3