watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hmmm not one single Slav Out post !!

Started by Riversider, October 28, 2017, 07:28:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodger53

When we stop playing walking football we look so much better. Are we are the only team who stand on the ball sending out hand signals on who should run where and where we will pass it seeming to assume the other teams players don't see those signals. Lets show the opposition how good we really are and not how slow we can be. I don't want Slav out because I love some of the football we play now and I know we are quality but we hide it well. Too well!

Woolly Mammoth

None of the purchases we have spent money on in the last Window, have yet to show that it was money well spent, none have made a genuine impact or secured a regular spot.
I still feel that the weakest link is the recruitment department.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

MJG

why the 'hmmm' what are you trying to imply by that?

Maybe most can see that he is the right man for the job and that although its not working fully at the moment we all dont rush to judgement and look for the next new manager at a drop of a hat.
Just the views of a long term fan

Woolly Mammoth

Far too early to even consider this.
We cannot afford to lose SJ, despite this period of unconvincing displays results and selections.
Matches come thick and fast, and he is under pressure and he hasn't got a lot of cards to deal with.
I would like to see him more animated and more passionate, it could rub off on the players. but that appears to be his way. He should be allowed to go the distance on his contract to finish what he started. It cannot be much fun with the likes of Kline looking over his shoulder.
Also to be taken into consideration is what would be gained by changing things in mid season. It could do more harm than good.
Also the facts show that we are four precious points away from a top six spot.
Plus I am not sure there would be that much of a queue along Stevenage Road from prospective managers and coaches to replace him, even though we are a London Club with a unique tradition, and try and play the beautiful game in a beautiful way etc etc.
I say that because waiting in the wings to have their three penny worth, is Khan Junior and his best mate Kline, not exactly the ' A ' Team.
So it's not broke yet, so no need to try and fix it. But Surgery one way or another does need to be done by the club, if we are to progress.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

Home form wise,thats slavs big job it was apperent last season and now its critical for him to find a solution with the players available,hes already said in both boxes were not good enough and think everyone on here thinks the same.
Am waiting to see how he fixes the problem.

F(f)CUK

The problem is not the manager or the system that he tries to play. We just have to speed up the passing and be slightly more direct. I get a little fed up with the ball being in the middle of the pitch on the edge of the penalty area and then we pass to the full back, who then puts in an ineffectual cross. Our problem is simple - none of our forwards are currently able to hit a barn door from 2 feet out. Our percentage of shots on target to total shots is appalling. We need someone to remain calm in front of goal. This, for me, was summed up by Kebano beating Norwood to a ball to fire over from about 8 yards. Too frantic.

RaySmith

RE Slav's body language - if he really wasn't bothered any longer, don't you think he would try to cover this up, and instead pretend to be enthusiastic.

I think he is a naturally reserved man who doesn't show much emotion, but is probably feeling the  pressure at the moment, in as far as anything can be read from his body language during games, not something I've ever tried to do I must admit.

I think he probably feels tense and anxious during games at the moment, but  doesn't want to convey this to the players, but I'm sure that he is  encouraging and positive , as well as critical, with the players, with him and his coaching team  trying to find solutions to  our problems- behind the scenes.

toshes mate

Firstly let us get our facts straight. SJ is not 'the manager' he is the head coach of a set up which Khan Jnr rules,

Khan Jnr's role is, as he has stated, to provide the head coach, as far as is possible, with the players required to enable the team to reach its objective of promotion to the PL

Both these positions are results linked since they have a co-dependent relationship. If either fail to deliver then both suffer and identification of fault becomes exceedingly difficult to pin down without resorting to biased and subjective commentary.  (Just read the threads on this board.)

The executive decision makers can appropriate blame and take action in the knowledge that incorrect assessment of the problem will hinder and harm progress doing more damage instead of finding remedy.   There is much history about the risks of a strategy that incorrectly identifies and isolates a problem. 

If the problem is clearly the head coach then he will already have been identified and be on 'borrowed time'.   If the problem is elsewhere then how would it be identified and who would be looking for it?

To sack SJ or even be contemplating sacking him would be madness without being one hundred percent sure someone available and willing to step into his shoes tomorrow has been identified  who will with certainty deliver the promised land and, if that were the case, then why hasn't SJ already been sacked?

Chutney

Quote from: Statto on October 28, 2017, 07:33:59 PM
Everton spent a fortune in the summer and are in the relegation zone.

We spent nothing and are mid-table.

Ridiculous comparison.

Slav deserves manager of the month.

This.

Slav worked miracles with our squad last season, we now have arguably a weaker starting 11 than last season and people want to blame the manager, its so frustrating.
C O Y W

Riversider

Quote from: MJG on October 30, 2017, 07:53:56 AM

Maybe most can see that he is the right man for the job and that although its not working fully at the moment we all dont rush to judgement and look for the next new manager at a drop of a hat.

I don't understand your point, what do you mean by "drop of a hat " please explain ? This isn't August is it, we are one game away from November ! We have been abysmal at home going back to last season , or do you disagree ?
Surely you accept that Jokanovic and our season are skating on thin ice or do you disagree with that , my original post stated that defeat to Bristol City and Derby and he could be in trouble , who in their right mind is going to disagree with that ?
Please tell us all at what point you would concede that our season is in real trouble , would be intrigued to know ?

Chutney

Quote from: Riversider on October 30, 2017, 02:43:45 PM

I don't understand your point, what do you mean by "drop of a hat " please explain ? This isn't August is it, we are one game away from November ! We have been abysmal at home going back to last season , or do you disagree ?
Surely you accept that Jokanovic and our season are skating on thin ice or do you disagree with that , my original post stated that defeat to Bristol City and Derby and he could be in trouble , who in their right mind is going to disagree with that ?
Please tell us all at what point you would concede that our season is in real trouble , would be intrigued to know ?

Our season was in danger from the close of the transfer window, we failed to strengthen our starting line up after just about making the playoffs the previous season, its unfair to expect Slav to achieve the same this season with an arguably worse starting 11. People like to spread this myth that we have a brilliant squad, we don't, we scraped the play offs last season largely down the the manager getting the players over performing, this year teams below and around us strengthened while we stagnated. 6th-10th is probably where we should be based on our squad when compared to others in the division, if Slav performs the same miracles he performed last year then we may just sneak 6th, but its not fair to demand it from him until he's given the tools to do so. 
C O Y W

MJG

What i mean is the short term thinking of everything if things are not reaching the standards some expect.
I mean the change from one week we win everyone negative seems to shut up and then when we lose they are back here and elsewhere in droves.
Ok so we are short of where we should be. A number of factors relate to that.
"concede that our season is in real trouble"  Depends what you think real trouble is. Relegation positions yep but beyond that I'm not sure I would use the work trouble. Did you think it was in trouble when we lost to Birmingham last season? We might well end up 8-10th. I dont think that but if we do id not use word trouble.
I want to go up as much as anyone, but if its not to be then do we sack Joka(although I suspect you would sack him wed if we lost tue)? Or do we shake ourselves down and go for it again with him next season if he wants to stay on?
I'll sign the season off when I feel its gone. Until that point I'll keep looking for us to improve and be in a position where we can get in the PO's.
Some teams have taken a long time to get promotion. They have plugged away and finally made it.
Brighton's run was 10-4-6-20-3-2

MJG

Quote from: Chutney on October 30, 2017, 02:49:23 PM

Our season was in danger from the close of the transfer window, we failed to strengthen our starting line up after just about making the playoffs the previous season, its unfair to expect Slav to achieve the same this season with an arguably worse starting 11. People like to spread this myth that we have a brilliant squad, we don't, we scraped the play offs last season largely down the the manager getting the players over performing, this year teams below and around us strengthened while we stagnated. 6th-10th is probably where we should be based on our squad when compared to others in the division, if Slav performs the same miracles he performed last year then we may just sneak 6th, but its not fair to demand it from him until he's given the tools to do so.
Who says we have a brilliant squad?

Chutney

Quote from: MJG on October 30, 2017, 03:23:20 PM

I've seen posts claiming our squad should comfortably make the playoffs and some even going as far as to say we have the best midfield in the league, its simply not the case, I understand people all have different opinions but considering we only just made the play offs last season and teams around us strengthened over summer while we seem to have gone backwards, I think its slightly out of our reach currently, 6th-10th is probably our level based on the players we have.

I do however think, if anybody could get this squad to over perform and finish in a play off place, its Jokanovic, he's already done it once. I just think its unfair to demand it of him until he's given the tools to do it, people blaming the manager really annoy me, with our current squad 8th would be good, 6th would be brilliant, we're not too far off either as things stand.
C O Y W

MJG

Quote from: Chutney on October 30, 2017, 03:32:11 PM
Quote from: MJG on October 30, 2017, 03:23:20 PM

I've seen posts claiming our squad should comfortably make the playoffs and some even going as far as to say we have the best midfield in the league, its simply not the case, I understand people all have different opinions but considering we only just made the play offs last season and teams around us strengthened over summer while we seem to have gone backwards, I think its slightly out of our reach currently, 6th-10th is probably our level based on the players we have.

I do however think, if anybody could get this squad to over perform and finish in a play off place, its Jokanovic, he's already done it once. I just think its unfair to demand it of him until he's given the tools to do it, people blaming the manager really annoy me, with our current squad 8th would be good, 6th would be brilliant, we're not too far off either as things stand.
So no one is saying brilliant. I do think its a better 'squad' than last season and we can break it down like many have but i wont do that.
You keep saying we over performed. Did we or was it to our best ability. Playing at your best, is that overperforming?
Are Kmac/Cairney/Johansen not three really good midfielders? Yes they may be below last years form as a trio for reasons, but they are still very good and there are not many players I would swap those three for.
We have weaknesses thats for sure, just as many other clubs if you look at them.

We had this argument before but 80 points(best ever for 6th) massive plus GD is not scrapping in.
We pulled back a 6 point gap and ended up 4 pts clear.

As I'm always banging on about....dont look at the teams look at the points and position. Your tell me Leeds let us in. I'll tell you that 6th was always going to be 76+, which it was.

Twig

Quote from: @jolslover on October 29, 2017, 10:42:17 PM
Quote from: Artful Dodger on October 29, 2017, 09:20:33 PM
Its interesting that the 3 unsuccessful play off teams are struggling a bit this year - we are above both Reading and Wednesday. Its often been said that teams struggle the year after failing in the playoffs - shouldn't be an excuse but strange that it has happened to all 3 teams.

As for whether the fault lies with SJ or not, i'm not sure. We didn't spend any money really and surely he didn't tell Ream and Kalas to defend like that yesterday! Add a dodgy offside and a couple of one on one misses and you have to say the players aren't doing SJ any favours. A shake up wouldn't be a bad thing though.

We did spend money though, The 3rd most in the league aswell. So don't act like Slavisa hasn't been backed. Not sure why that is such a widely regarded opinion.

Wrong, totally wrong. We made a small profit on our transfer dealing s. We spent nothing, your post is misleading.

MJG

Quote from: Twig on October 30, 2017, 04:01:21 PM
Its interesting that the 3 unsuccessful play off teams are struggling a bit this year - we are above both Reading and Wednesday. Its often been said that teams struggle the year after failing in the playoffs - shouldn't be an excuse but strange that it has happened to all 3 teams.

As for whether the fault lies with SJ or not, i'm not sure. We didn't spend any money really and surely he didn't tell Ream and Kalas to defend like that yesterday! Add a dodgy offside and a couple of one on one misses and you have to say the players aren't doing SJ any favours. A shake up wouldn't be a bad thing though.

We did spend money though, The 3rd most in the league aswell. So don't act like Slavisa hasn't been backed. Not sure why that is such a widely regarded opinion.

Wrong, totally wrong. We made a small profit on our transfer dealing s. We spent nothing, your post is misleading.
depends if we are talking net or gross. An argument can be made for both figures to be the key one.

jarv

OK, I have not read every post but I bet he is still smarting from losing 2 good players, sold off for the money and not replacing them adequately. He made that known in public. Add to that not replacing Martin up front. Not the best I agree but better than nothing. Then Cairney gets injured.

I don't think Slav is the problem but his bosses, again!

Just basing this comment on results and reports.

FFC1987

Quote from: MJG on October 30, 2017, 05:05:33 PM
Quote from: Twig on October 30, 2017, 04:01:21 PM

depends if we are talking net or gross. An argument can be made for both figures to be the key one.

I always think people refer to the Net as a basis on whether someones done well and whether a club has spent well. Simply because, if a manager does well and the net is equal/positive, its almost always highlighted as a 'hasn't be done well when the clubs net is positive/equal' where the assumption is, the club hasn't invested fully with the money available. Plus vice versa, sympathy to a manager at a club with a positive/equal net. We had money to spend but decided against it even before the Aluko sale.

David I

Quote from: jarv on October 30, 2017, 05:22:29 PM
OK, I have not read every post but I bet he is still smarting from losing 2 good players, sold off for the money and not replacing them adequately. He made that known in public. Add to that not replacing Martin up front. Not the best I agree but better than nothing. Then Cairney gets injured.

I don't think Slav is the problem but his bosses, again!

Just basing this comment on results and reports.

I agree and to a degree think Slav is trying to prove a point! Should have let him have (and keep) the players he wanted. Sole responsibility for any failure!