watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just got back

Started by Peabody, October 28, 2017, 07:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Well, that was Fulham at their frustratingly worse. Why oh why does someone not take a shot now and again.  Why do we make such clever approach play, only for it to end up in defence. Unfortunately Tim has to take responsibility for their goal, he just stopped and allowed Ameobi a free run on goal, play to the whistle Tim.

MikeW

Friday night at Wolves - 3-0 to them? Can't see us getting a sniff frankly.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

filham

Late home tonight, halequins at hoe caused delays on the 316.

Oh dear what a disappointing result. We didn.t play that badly but we have to be quicker in moving from defence into attack.

Doubts must be simmering about Jocanovic's tactics, can't really blame injuries now but we are not scoring goals or even creating good shooting chances.
Bet Bristol City are looking forward to Tuesday night as a number of teams have shown them how to take something home from the Cottage.

Fernhurst

:dft001: My team constantly embarrasses.
Quote from thread 1st Oct

[October, what a month !!!
Three home games and one away.

Preston
Bolton
Bristol
At home

Villa away

This could be it, combining our new terrier like qualities with our more silky passing skills this just may be the month when it all clicks. Our new LB slots in and him and Sess dominate the left, while Fred and whoever smash the right hand side.
/i]

If we lose to Bristol .....2 points from a possible 12

Not only that, suggested Wolves were Prem class and they lose to the Ha ha's today!!!
Come on Fulham, help me out beat Bristol and Wolves and a bit of self respect may return
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

hovewhite

All theese championship results ,banker games,no such thing this season!
All very unpridictable.

Twig

Quote from: hovewhite on October 28, 2017, 08:29:59 PM
All theese championship results ,banker games,no such thing this season!
All very unpridictable.

Draws seem entirely predictable for us, no matter the level of opponent.

davew

Quote from: MikeW on October 28, 2017, 07:57:18 PM
Only 3-0, I fear it will be a lot worse than that. Our team selection should be interesting as was the squad selection today, never going to work. perhaps SJ under estimated the opposition or over rated our team, either way he got it wrong again!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Darkside

Quote from: hovewhite on October 28, 2017, 08:29:59 PM

Draws seem entirely predictable for us, no matter the level of opponent.

Especially home matches.  :022:

Barrett487

Button's distribution was heart-stopping. Should have gifted them a goal and maybe even two. If there isn't an easy/safe pass then belt it away.

Playing out from the back is all very well (see previous thread), but it relies on players finding space, making themselves available and knowing where your teammates are going to be. Downside is that, if you're committed to playing it out when there's nothing on, you can take too many risks and make mistakes.... ..... as Button did twice against Bolton.

Bill2

That was what people were saying when we played Reading and Huddersfield at home last season, 5-0 both occasions. It will be good to watch a team who wants to play football not the physical stuff BNE and Bolton did.

Yesterday was disappointing, why is it we cannot find a forward who knows where the back of the net is instead of the lot we have now who cannot even get it on target.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Bill2 on October 29, 2017, 04:35:50 PM
That was what people were saying when we played Reading and Huddersfield at home last season, 5-0 both occasions. It will be good to watch a team who wants to play football not the physical stuff BNE and Bolton did.

Yesterday was disappointing, why is it we cannot find a forward who knows where the back of the net is instead of the lot we have now who cannot even get it on target.

I blame David Button for us not taking our chances, it just has to be his fault, what do you think.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Peabody

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 29, 2017, 05:52:20 PM

I blame David Button for us not taking our chances, it just has tuo be his fault, what do you think.

You got to admit Wooly. Button does come undone sometimes.

jarv

Fernhurst.....remember days gone by....black October was the expression. I guess the curse lives on.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Peabody on October 29, 2017, 07:05:40 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 29, 2017, 05:52:20 PM

I blame David Button for us not taking our chances, it just has tuo be his fault, what do you think.

You got to admit Wooly. Button does come undone sometimes.

Yes you are absolutely right Peabody, he does worry me.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fernhurst

"It will be good to watch a team who wants to play football not the physical stuff BNE and Bolton did"

Been thinking about this lately since I noticed how prevalent the fairly new tactic of not only taking out the bloke with the ball  but also smashing the bloke who is running off the ball in preparation of receiving a pass.
I love football which I have played and watched for 60 years. The game appears to have transformed to mixture of Association Football and Mixed Martial Arts.
Fulham FC seem to be quite good at the former but hopeless at the latter.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.