watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Another game spent at the bottom third of Hammersmith

Started by Jurassic Parker, October 28, 2017, 08:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jurassic Parker

Another game of being one of few chanting cheering and not dicussing what theyre having for dinner later. Pathetic down there

SP

Get a transfer to the Riverside.  We rock every game no matter what the score......

Whitesideup

Quote from: SP on October 28, 2017, 09:06:26 PM
Get a transfer to the Riverside.  We rock every game no matter what the score......
When you say "rock", is that a slow backwards and forwards movement while sucking your thumbs?

SP

Quote from: Whitesideup on October 28, 2017, 09:26:49 PM
Quote from: SP on October 28, 2017, 09:06:26 PM
When you say "rock", is that a slow backwards and forwards movement while sucking your thumbs?

No.  We have our flasks in our hands so that wouldn't be possible...

But we do have clean toilets in the Riverside.

Scrumpy

Quote from: Jurassic Parker on October 28, 2017, 08:59:38 PM
Another game of being one of few chanting cheering and not dicussing what theyre having for dinner later. Pathetic down there
Can you not get a restricted view seat towards the back? Once you're there, you'll find quite a few spare seats amongst the singers and groovers in the back few rows.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Jurassic Parker

Quote from: Scrumpy on October 28, 2017, 11:36:27 PM
Quote from: Jurassic Parker on October 28, 2017, 08:59:38 PM
Can you not get a restricted view seat towards the back? Once you're there, you'll find quite a few spare seats amongst the singers and groovers in the back few rows.

With the championship attendance (which isn't too much of a drop from the Premiership, positives where theyre found!) I think I could buy the cheapest seats anywhere and then move back to a better one! But my point is that it's so sad to have 1/5 (at best) of hammy end making noise. People down the bottom and in he middle turn up their conversations to speak over the chants, should be the other way round!!

Jonaldiniho 88

I once made a post complaining about how fans choose to support our team and was rightly shot down. Everyone has the right to support how they want. Does the fan who screams for five games a season have the right to complain about the fan who attends home and away but doesn't make much noise? I'm obviously going to extremes but I think the point is valid. The play on the pitch affects the noise of the fans more than the fans affect the play on the pitch. I would love us to be the loudest fans on the planet but we just aren't. While i was in Australia I met three Aussies whose first game was Fulham but they decided to support palace as they were louder. While supporting Fulham is so much more than that to me it is a shame but we can't go criticising our own fans for how we support.

Jurassic Parker

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on October 29, 2017, 12:31:07 AM
I once made a post complaining about how fans choose to support our team and was rightly shot down. Everyone has the right to support how they want. Does the fan who screams for five games a season have the right to complain about the fan who attends home and away but doesn't make much noise? I'm obviously going to extremes but I think the point is valid. The play on the pitch affects the noise of the fans more than the fans affect the play on the pitch. I would love us to be the loudest fans on the planet but we just aren't. While i was in Australia I met three Aussies whose first game was Fulham but they decided to support palace as they were louder. While supporting Fulham is so much more than that to me it is a shame but we can't go criticising our own fans for how we support.

Completely agree with this  082.gif Every part is true. Every crowd member plays a part and neither is more a fan than the other! I just question whether perhaps that whilst you say the play on the pitch effects the fans more than the opposite is true for the full 90 minutes? The silence is deafining when the songs stop on the loudspeaker and the ground is silent because theres only 500 at the back of hammy singing seemingly. Football is in many ways a participation sport, we dont have the term 12th man for nothing!

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: Jurassic Parker on October 29, 2017, 12:39:53 AM
Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on October 29, 2017, 12:31:07 AM

Completely agree with this  082.gif Every part is true. Every crowd member plays a part and neither is more a fan than the other! I just question whether perhaps that whilst you say the play on the pitch effects the fans more than the opposite is true for the full 90 minutes? The silence is deafining when the songs stop on the loudspeaker and the ground is silent because theres only 500 at the back of hammy singing seemingly. Football is in many ways a participation sport, we dont have the term 12th man for nothing!

I completely agree with you too mate. If I had it my way it would be manitory to support the team vocally. But it's not and some would not turn up. I don't think the comment I made about the fans having less effect HAS to be true. In our europa cup run I think the fans literally gave the players 10% more. When we concede I spend seconds pissed off, then forget it and try and start a chant to support us. Can't imagine booing will help. What does my head in is the criticism and writing off of players. Why would you play your heart out for a club who's fans write you off?

RaySmith

Nothing wrong in saying you wish our support was louder, and think this would help the team. Though, every one who buys a ticket is free to support the club, or not, in whatever way they wish, of course.

I come from an era, the 60's, when it was normal to shout and get behind your team, even if they were doing badly - to spur them on then, but, as I have said elsewhere football fans have changed a lot, as has society and attitudes generally.

But it's true that you still get teams, like Palace where fans are very loud and supportive, even in adversity- probably to do with the area in which  the club is based, and the type of support.

bill taylors apprentice

I moved to the H/End last season from the Riverside so I can get out of the ground quicker and catch my train back up north.

I enjoy the better atmosphere but I was amazed (and bloody annoyed) by the amount of "fans" wandering in ten minutes (and longer) after kick off, heading out before half time and then repeating the process in the second half. 

Even worse, I watch them strolling in & out, stopping in front of me chatting on the steps totally oblivious and uninterested in whats happening on the pitch as they go.

For all the stick the Riversider's get regards creating an atmosphere and I've sat near plenty of tourists in there, IMO there's not as large a percentage of proper fans in the H/end as we may think! 

Riversider

I applaud everyone of the fans sat in The Hammersmith End yesterday, much prefer them when compared to our loyal supporters that stayed at home yesterday to watch Man Utd play Spuds or The U17 World Cup !