watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Scoring first

Started by Jonaldiniho 88, October 28, 2017, 11:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonaldiniho 88

Our tactics are frustrating the lot of us right now but I can't help but feel we just need to score first. Possession football works brilliantly when you are in the lead but is a totally different animal when behind. The amount of late goals show that we wear teams down. Unfortunately to score the first goal you need to take your chances and defend. We don't seem to be doing either but once a team score against us their tactics change. Especially the lower teams. Scoring first isn't luck like the toss in cricket but if we can make it a habit I think we may have more faith in the tactics. Don't get me wrong that isn't the only problem we have. The thing I find most frustrating is that the only time we seem to forget our style is when we are in the lead, the exact time we should be implementing it. We also seem to be trying to shoehorn both our purchased strikers into the team but as a result neither plays in that role. Looking forward to Bristol. COYW

Jims Dentist

Can't say I'm particularly looking forward to Tuesday😡

filham

Yes it would be nice to score first but that is becoming difficult as in the last two home games we have failed to score in the first 90 minutes

Whitesideup

All three posts so far make sense. 1) Yes, it would make a huge difference if teams like Bolton felt they had to commit more players in their forward play as it would leave spaces. 2) I am also a little concerned about Tuesday and 3) Indeed. We have to take our chances and in most games we have had good, clear cut chances to go ahead, and not taken them. It will be interesting to see what happens when (if?) we do.

The Swan

Gentleman Jim. Norwood scored from the penalty spot on 74 minutes against Preston.
The Swan

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Jims Dentist on October 29, 2017, 06:31:08 PM
Can't say I'm particularly looking forward to Tuesday😡

Aden Flint will be rubbing his hands thinking about all those free headers he will get.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.