watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Referees and linesmen do not cheat

Started by Andy S, October 29, 2017, 09:39:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

Anyone who has played football at a level where there is no referee or linesmaam knows why the officials do not cheat. A ref is important in order to keep a game moving as most decisions can be disputed. However any official who deliberately cheated would be found out. A referee has to be fair to maintain the respect from the players, which is a basic requirement. On a pitch there are 22 players who would know. 11 smirking and 11 raging Then there are the spectators. Certainly mistakes are made but the pressure in front of 20,000 people is immense

ScalleysDad

Absolutely. The angst on here when we put in a poor performance is often aimed at the officials but we have players who are not adverse to theatrics and the dark arts. We have taken advantage of the odd fluke goal and not taken advantage of the occasional dodgy penalty so I have never thought we are on an officials hate list.
If there was such a thing our pathetic throw ins would mean we would lose possession of 'a safe ball' several times per game.

Jamie88

I never think that they are 'cheating', I just think that many of them are incompetent

Lighthouse

It is my belief that the vast majority of  politicians and journalists and doctors and Government officials do not cheat either. But it doesn't stop me being angry at the mistakes they make in the same way that when I make a mistake I feel really guilty even when it is not really my fault.

In a football situation the mistakes by officials can cost managers jobs and supporters piece of mind.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

hovewhite

Its a good piont one of the threads after yesterdays game someone call the ref a cheat,that shouldnt be said about anybody without proof!

grandad

Why has the standard dropped so much?. The officials now have a 4th official, radio communication, goal line tech, can view recordings to see how they are being suckered by some clever players & a few coaches who teach their players how to cheat.
Where there's a will there's a wife

SuffolkWhite

We know the officials in this league are crap and it does have an affect on all the games. Also we know that teams will be dirty in this league. We also know that tactically teams have sussed us out.

So at the end of the day whether Ref's are good or not doesn't matter because they will be as inconsistent across the league.

If our defence had played to the Ref's whistle we would not have looked like Statues for Bolton's goal. It's the most basic lesson you learn in football as a youngster.

Ref's are a side issue IMO.

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

hovewhite

The standard seems to be rubbish and getting worse 100%

SP

Quote from: hovewhite on October 29, 2017, 12:02:06 PM
The standard seems to be rubbish and getting worse 100%

They need to do something about the Championship refs. I've just seen a horrendous foul by a Leeds player on Friday night which was clearly a straight red.  Only deemed a yellow. Incredible.

:plus one:

bobbo

As an ex referee I'm incensed with the poor quality in our division. Some mistakes are going to be made, after all the players make many.
But decisions that are poor like ayite's disallowed goal yesterday are unforgivable.
Yesterday's ref was much the same as many others " incompetent"
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Milo

Not sure what the medical equivalent of a blatant incorrectly disallowed goal would be, but if a doctor made a mistake that harmed a patient then they would be internally investigated and potentially have to give evidence to court six months later...

Does anyone actually know what process officials go through? I've heard of Prem referees getting banished to the championship for a few weeks but anything concrete?

YankeeJim

Amazing that all of us from the length of the pitch or telly can see things that a guy standing in the, middle of the pitch can't. He is decidedly closer. Close enough to hear things even. True he has to watch 22 players but most of the relevant action is around the ball. I don't think they cheat but why do ALL the calls go against us?  :005:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Bill2

I don't believe they cheat, what annoys me is that they are so inconsistent with the fouls and cards. Often they will give  card for a tackle and later in the game the same player does exactly the same and they don't. This is especially the case with professional fouls where a player is fouled by a mild challenge but we are in a dangerous attacking position. I have said before on here what we the fans need is for a referee to go through all the controversial decisions, or lack of them and to tell us why not? If you look at the the full 90 of Saturday fast forward to 40 minutes and watch the block on Ryan Fredericks. The player played the man, the sort of thing I am watching on TV at the moment in the NFL. In my mind it was a foul as there was no attempt to play the ball which was about 6 feet away.

The one decision I am waiting to see is where a keeper is booked for time wasting, continues to do it and then the ref gives another yellow and sends him off. What are the chances?

SP

In the first half, when AK (I think) was through on goal & shot wide his shirt was clearly being pulled by their last man who'd got caught on the wrong side.  As we know, for most Championship refs, including this one, this isn't an offence.

filham

Pleased to see this thread, I corrected Woolly Mammoth yesterday for calling the ref a cheat, it really is out of order, how can a ref cheat and what motive good they possibly have, Mistakes can be made but these generally even themselves out although occasionally the can favour one team.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on October 29, 2017, 07:37:33 PM
Pleased to see this thread, I corrected Woolly Mammoth yesterday for calling the ref a cheat, it really is out of order, how can a ref cheat and what motive good they possibly have, Mistakes can be made but these generally even themselves out although occasionally the can favour one team.

096.gig You did not correct me at all, because you are incorrect yourself, and extremely naive. So let me correct you.
Yes of course most of them are human, and human error plays it's part.
Nevertheless, to become a referee at that level in the first place, you have to have accrued good marks over a period of time to show you are more than competent, and gone through the necessary stages of promotion, and also have decent eyesight.
So if that is the case, how can they be so wrong and so poor with their decisions.
Well they can't, it's as simple as that.
It's impossible to referee and line at that level, and be so poor. You could not be that poor if you tried.
So what's the explanation, easy, as been mentioned by other members, as well as myself, they bottle it, lay an egg. Suddenly finding that they cannot make an important decision, as they haven't got the courage.
So they take the easy way out, and pretend they didn't see it.
Which means that team gets away with it, and the other team are robbed, cheated, no justice.
That is cheating because they knowingly fail to take responsibility for their wrong decisions.  096.gig
There is no other word for it, the innocent team are cheated out of justice.
Because at that level, there is no way they can be that bad, unless they have been dishonest.
They are supposed to be impartial, don't make me laugh.
I am pleased to be able to educate you on this matter, and I normally charge a Consultancy Fee.
However, as I assume you are a genuine Fulham Supporter, you can have that one free of charge, but don't make a habit of it, I have to make a living like everyone else.
Consider yourself dismissed from the field of play, as I am administering a Red Card for bringing the name of football into disrepute, and continuous infringements of the laws of the game. 096.gig
Thank you and Goodnight.  096.gig
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

HatterDon

Ever since the first day of the first iteration of Friends of Fulham, the Mighty Whites have drawn "the worst referee in the league/division" EVERY SINGLE MATCH.

It's uncanny, really, but I read it here so it must be true.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Dodger53

Yesterdays ref made many mistakes both for and against us. I said early on he wasn't watching the game, he drifted around relying on his linos for important decisions and either guessing or makng safe decisions on others. He was poor but not a cheat or biased.

Woolly Mammoth

Hold on Gents, I am sorry perhaps I haven't made myself clear and I apologise for that.
I am not just referring to any particular referees that are officiating Fulham matches.
I am referring to referees in general, whatever game and whoever they are refereeing.

As for the referees that officiate Fulham matches.
It is not their fault we are winning very few matches. It's Fulhams fault, nobody else is to blame outside the club, we are just neither playing well enough to win, and or just not playing well enough.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

HatterDon

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 29, 2017, 11:23:09 PM
Hold on Gents, I am sorry perhaps I haven't made myself clear and I apologise for that.
I am not just referring to any particular referees that are officiating Fulham matches.
I am referring to referees in general, whatever game and whoever they are refereeing.

As for the referees that officiate Fulham matches.
It is not their fault we are winning very few matches. It's Fulhams fault, nobody else is to blame outside the club, we are just neither playing well enough to win, and or just not playing well enough.

exactly

and this WILL turn around ... and soon
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel