A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Started by HamsterWheel, October 30, 2017, 01:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HamsterWheel

I enjoyed the crowd chanting out the number of seconds the Bolton goalie held onto the ball.
Good to see our fans getting a bit cuter about trying to influence the ref. As there still seems to be zero attempt by the players to do so. To be fair to the ref, he wasn't totally awful - the lino got the offside decision wrong, not him. The lino missed that barge too.
But it's so annoying to see game after game the opposition players feigning injury and trying every trick in the book to waste time, and usually getting away with it enough so they can get a rest - Fulham always seem fitter/sharper at the end of the game than others.
We need someone like Robbie Savage to give the squad some lessons in being cuter, if we want to get out of this league.

Jimsbeerbelly

The time wasting by that keeper was appalling, even from the start, and you could tell it was tactical.

Goal kicks, he'd trot out, collect the ball, move it to the other side, bang the mud off his boots, go back to the ball, reshuffle it, take a run up, and so on.

Even weak shots at him, he'd go all the way to ground, lay there for a bit, and take an eternity to get up. If it weren't that, he'd be booting the ball out of play.

However, to some extent, it worked.

Woolly Mammoth

Instead of pussyfooting around with tippy tappy football passing sideways across the back four from Port to Starboard endlessly, try hitting these teams hard from the start. Not allowing them to settle. Maybe just maybe we may take the lead, and then build on it. Then these teams would not be given a reason to waste time. As they not us will be chasing the game. Don't give them hope when there isn't any.
Instead we give them time to settle and make themselves comfortable. Teams must love visiting our Ground, it's Home from Home. What with the red carpet as well.
There is no killer instinct, no ruthlessness no intimidation, it's a glorified picnic, and we wonder why we have only narrowly won once at home this season.
The Coach and his staff and the players have to take responsibility for what happens or does not happen on the field of play. That's down to them. The whole club seems be naive from top to bottom, a real soft touch.
The recruitment and stat merchants are no better. In fact they are most to blame, as they laid down the mandate as to how this club operates, and it's at best amateur in comparison.
I cannot see how we are ever going to achieve promotion under this regime.
But what I can see is the players exit door being oiled more than the entrance.
By then it will be too late.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

cookieg

Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on October 30, 2017, 08:03:04 PM
The time wasting by that keeper was appalling, even from the start, and you could tell it was tactical.

Goal kicks, he'd trot out, collect the ball, move it to the other side, bang the mud off his boots, go back to the ball, reshuffle it, take a run up, and so on.

Even weak shots at him, he'd go all the way to ground, lay there for a bit, and take an eternity to get up. If it weren't that, he'd be booting the ball out of play.

However, to some extent, it worked.

My son plays in goal and has been told to "enjoy the save" when he has collected the ball and goes down to kill a few seconds. Nothing wrong with it, if we don't want the keeper to do it make sure he has to work hard to make the save and not deal with a soft ball through.

SuffolkWhite

Had to laugh on Saturday, I had a few beers and when the Hammy end were counting I thought I was shouting the same number in time, only for my son to say Dad what count are you are on lol. I was about ten seconds behind lol.  :beer:
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Delboy

We scored well into the 4th minute of time added on, maybe if their keeper had not wasted so much time the game may have finished without us scoring. Poetic justice perhaps, we can only surmise.

copthornemike

Bolton keeper got booked for his own stupidity.
He was maxxing his time with the ball in hand and although annoying was within the rules of the game. It was when he unnecessarily decided to leisurely pick up a drink bottle and take an even more leisurely slurp that the ref had no option but to book him.
Mind you if we had scored earlier and gone in front (which we should have with all our possession in their half) that would have been the simple solution to time wasting.
One other plus point about the ref - really pleased to see he booked a player early on in the first half after they had followed through on our player after the ball had been passed and released. Very little repetition of that nasty little habit by others later on in the match.