watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We need a Huddersfield type performance v Bristol City

Started by Jimsbeerbelly, October 30, 2017, 07:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimsbeerbelly

Especially the Home performance, where we came out, and didn't give them a minute to settle, and knocked them for six.

On our day, that's where we were most lethal, teams used to fear us, but not any more, our game and buildup seems a lot slower.

Fans keep saying that we've been found out, yes, a little maybe, but I also believe our urgency with the ball is lacking.

I see glimpses of it away to Ipswich, but, if we can get back to that level, I feel we'll go on a decent run again.

Here's hoping.

Southcoastffc

"our urgency with the ball is lacking." Absolutely. Being patient is fine, but that does not mean we need be slow. The pace we have in the team is all too often an undeployed weapon.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Jimsbeerbelly

Many a time on Saturday, Cairney span on the ball, went left or right, even backwards, as he had no other outlets.

Bolton were not that good at closing us down either, we made them look good, when realistically, their defence should have been battered by our pace.

Last season, some the balls we put into spaces were unreal, the confidence was high, and we had opposition players sitting on their asses.

Both good business, but, we miss both Aluko and Malone.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on October 30, 2017, 08:09:43 PM
Many a time on Saturday, Cairney span on the ball, went left or right, even backwards, as he had no other outlets.

Bolton were not that good at closing us down either, we made them look good, when realistically, their defence should have been battered by our pace.

Last season, some the balls we put into spaces were unreal, the confidence was high, and we had opposition players sitting on their asses.

Whether we like it or not, we do miss them both, and it has shown all season.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

res

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 30, 2017, 08:14:27 PM

Most Reading fans are saying that they would like Aluko to return to us...be fine by me as he added  a lot of pace and footwork skill albeit with an abject ability to hit the target if he took it on himself. As for Malone he's wasting his footballing time sitting on the bench as he's never going to be a Premiership player. Got good money for both, and a massive profit, so I can see why we sold, avoids the FPP farce.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: res on October 31, 2017, 01:43:54 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 30, 2017, 08:14:27 PM

Most Reading fans are saying that they would like Aluko to return to us...be fine by me as he added  a lot of pace and footwork skill albeit with an abject ability to hit the target if he took it on himself. As for Malone he's wasting his footballing time sitting on the bench as he's never going to be a Premiership player. Got good money for both, and a massive profit, so I can see why we sold, avoids the FPP farce.

I can see why we sold them both, but I feel they were both errors of judgement. Neither have been replaced yet. Instead of thinking about the wider picture, the club have taken the money and run, instead of thinking, hey wait a minute we will be stronger and stand more chance of promotion with them, than without them.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.