more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

1 win in 11 home games for Jokanovic

Started by Wearethewhites, October 31, 2017, 09:17:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wearethewhites

And most fans think that's acceptable?

Not quite sure what's happened since last season, but, he looks disinterested this, and so do most of his players, as if they're not even playing for him.

We can still have this argument that he wasn't given the right players, but, as a coach, he can't even get the simple things right at the moment, and we look an absolute defensive shambles.

Red card for Kamara, and by the time we take a pasting at Wolves Friday live on the TV, where does that leave him?

Not convinced he'll be here past Christmas, unfortunately.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Wearethewhites on October 31, 2017, 09:17:15 PM

Not quite sure what's happened since last season, but, he looks disinterested this, and so do most of his players, as if they're not even playing for him.

We can still have this argument that he wasn't given the right players, but, as a coach, he can't even get the simple things right at the moment, and we look an absolute defensive shambles.

Red card for Kamara, and by the time we take a pasting at Wolves Friday live on the TV, where does that leave him?

You say unfortunately but what is there to suggest SJ can coach. The shirt tails of an already excellent Watford and SJ and TC on fire for the second half of last season is showing up his limitations. None of this squad look better, technically or tactically, than they were for the last run out. If he is passing on ideas they are not getting through.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: ScalleysDad on October 31, 2017, 09:25:17 PM

You say unfortunately but what is there to suggest SJ can coach. The shirt tails of an already excellent Watford and SJ and TC on fire for the second half of last season is showing up his limitations. None of this squad look better, technically or tactically, than they were for the last run out. If he is passing on ideas they are not getting through.

I'm saying unfortunately, as I don't like to see any coach fail, but, I'm bound to get jumped on from a great height later, saying I'm mad, or something similar.

I'm sorry, but he's fallen way short of the bar this season, and some of his decisions, tactics just seem very odd.

ScalleysDad

Neither do I but the runes, the gods, the bread and butter and the percentages seem to be stacking up against him. We must be fairly close to a tipping point.

Lighthouse

There are many reasons why we are in this catastrophic form at home but the Coach must clearly take much of the blame because he can't find a way to reverse it. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Riversider

You've done it now, all the happy clappers will be after your blood now, don't you realise that everything is rosy in the Fulham garden ?

Woolly Mammoth

He should be having a sleepless night tonight, because in about 66 hours time, he will be sword fencing again with what looks like a genuine automatic promotion contender who put their money where their mouth is and are showing genuine ambition.
Into the Lions den so to speak.
Well wouldn't it be fulhamish if we secured a draw or even glorious defeat. But would that just be papering over the cracks. Will that really change anything.
The fact that we cannot buy a goal and have no genuine striker, and cannot keep a clean sheet, and that isn't going to go away.
To a certain extent, a manager is as only good as the players he has under his disposal.
However, when it comes to tactics, he is being outwitted on a regular basis. His coaching has not sunk in, whatever that is.   
Also I would love to sit in on a prematch team talk, assuming they have one.
Are the players playing for him, is he a motivator ?. Not sure on either.
He is no Terry Venables or Bobby Robson or Bob Paisley or Joe Mercer.
The period between now and the new year is crucial in more ways than one.
Has he got what it takes, we will soon find out.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Chutney

"Not quite sure whats happened since last season" - Its pretty obvious, other teams all improved their squads with better players, we didn't, therefore we are not as good as last season.
C O Y W

davew

Quote from: Chutney on November 01, 2017, 08:41:46 AM
"Not quite sure whats happened since last season" - Its pretty obvious, other teams all improved their squads with better players, we didn't, therefore we are not as good as last season.
Exactly, we let 2 of our best players go and didn't replace them with the same quality, so in my opinion we are worse than year coupled with the fact (as you say) other teams have better squads now.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Tom_FFC

Teams have also worked us out at home. Press high when Button has the ball, sit deep when we have the ball in our half and counter us on the break. We pass around the back and have all this nice possession but ultimately do nothing with it. At least away from home, teams attack us more and give us space to play.