watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Manager comments - My fault.

Started by Lighthouse, October 31, 2017, 10:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Slaviša Jokanović was frustrated that a tactical switch failed to pay off against Bristol City on Tuesday evening.

The Fulham Head Coach opted for a wing-back formation with three central defenders to try and solidify things, but his side found themselves two goals down at the break.

"That wasn't the best version of us," he admitted. "To be honest, Bristol City played better football than us. They played at a different pace.

"I changed the shape to try and find a solution and get a clean sheet and be a little more solid from the back. This plan didn't work well and it's completely my responsibility.

"We were a bit confused in the first 45 minutes. We tried to be a little bit more solid, a little bit more confident, in our box, but we didn't find the solution.

"In the second half we tried something different, but after the sending off we lost the chance to come back."

The incident he refers to went unnoticed by the majority inside Craven Cottage, as Aboubakar Kamara was given his marching orders following an off the ball incident.

"I didn't see on the pitch but when I checked the match analysis, Aboubakar pushed him in the chest," he explained.

"This kind of challenge happens many times in the Championship, but from another side he made the mistake of giving the referee the chance to show him a red card.

"We are going to appeal because we believe sending him off wasn't the right action. This was a crucial moment, but in all the game we weren't at our best, and Bristol City deserve these three points."

The result leaves the Whites sitting 15th in the standings, but Jokanović knows there is a lot of football still to be played.

"I'm the Head Coach and I take all the responsibility for today's defeat," he said. "We've got two points less than we did after 15 games last season.

"We are four points behind the top-six and the challenge for us is to be brave, confident, and I am sure we're going to come back and fight for the top of the Championship table this season."M
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Mince n Tatties

Your dead right it's your fault Slava.
Now get a grip,starting Friday.👺

Woolly Mammoth

Good to know he recognises he is to blame amongst other issues. But does he actually know what to do to get out of it. Because so far at the moment  he is digging an even deeper hole for himself without a solution.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

fluffyninja

Wouldn't it be typical if we beat Wolves , we responded well last time and got a good win at Forest but we won't get anything if we play like tonight.Wolves were the best team I saw at the cottage last year.

hopper

Quote from: fluffyninja on October 31, 2017, 11:05:16 PM
Wouldn't it be typical if we beat Wolves , we responded well last time and got a good win at Forest but we won't get anything if we play like tonight.Wolves were the best team I saw at the cottage last year.

Would be shocked. Our defense against the best attacking team in league. Think they'll cause us problems all game.

CincyFulham1

It will more of the same thing.  60-70% of possession, 3 shots on goal and lose 3-nil.

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: fluffyninja on October 31, 2017, 11:05:16 PM

We responded well last time...  sorry what?

We got beat by Villa on the 21st and we responded by scraping a last minute equaliser at Bolton.
You'd think that would give us confidence to respond and yet we end up flattered by 2-0. It's a calendar month we haven't won in now - and the only teams we have beaten are currently 11th, 12th, 13th and 17th.

Barnsley are the only team in all competitions in 2017 (21 games) not to have scored at Craven Cottage.