watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fonte and Kamaras CV’s

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, November 01, 2017, 10:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

Are we expecting too much from them? Neither has done a great deal in their careers. Kamara is at the start of his career really. Looking at fontes experience it is very patchy and I am surprised that we paid 8mil for him.

I don't think either of them should be expected  to carry us to the premier league.

fluffyninja

At this level both on paper should prove to be average players , one thing I will say is that at least I noticed Kamara's efforts however crude , he reminds me of Shefki Kuqi who we had on loan a few years ago.Not well up on French division 2 but that's where he came from isn't it ?

Fonte I have seen vs Sheff Wed , I believe he started that day and last night vs City and I don't remember anything about him or anything from him in either game , totally anonymous.

Jamie88

I agree completely
Remember thinking this when we signed both of them. It's easy to forget that Kamara's only real experience is in France's second tier for a season and a half. And even then he wasn't exactly a goal machine
As for Fonte, he seems to have been carted off on loan a lot and not been prolific anywhere, although he had a decent season last year for Benfica

Woolly Mammoth

So where do we go from here Genitalmen ?
Because something needs to be done.
Does the Coach decide to rely on his trusted Lieutenants and fill in the meat between the bones hoping to keep in touch with the play offs until the Window opens in January. Then rely on the support of the absent chairman to find the combination to his fat wallet to save this season.
Or does he just jump out of the January Window taking Khan with him.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 01, 2017, 11:19:15 AM
Does the Coach decide to rely on his trusted Lieutenants and fill in the meat between the bones hoping to keep in touch with the play offs until the Window opens in January. Then rely on the support of the absent chairman to find the combination to his fat wallet to save this season.

Wouldn't have big expectations for jan window to save us. Khan probably won't want to splash the cash and even if he did a lot of teams don't want to sell good players half way through season.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on November 01, 2017, 11:27:31 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 01, 2017, 11:19:15 AM

Wouldn't have big expectations for jan window to save us. Khan probably won't want to splash the cash and even if he did a lot of teams don't want to sell good players half way through season.

Yes I have to concede you are probably right.

Never forget your Roots.

Chutney

We are 100% expecting too much from them, neither of them have any pedigree at this level and neither have been anywhere near prolific at any point.
C O Y W

HatterDon

Fonte and Kamara were warmly embraced primarily because neither of them was Chris Martin or Cauley Woodrow.

The player who has never turned out for us is ALWAYS better than what we have. Once we get him ... .
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

filham

Kamara could possibly come good with game time and a lot of coaching but we paid very good money for the two of them and it would look as if we were taken to the cleaners.
So much for Stats Boy's programme, surely it is time to ditch it.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on November 01, 2017, 05:05:20 PM
Kamara could possibly come good with game time and a lot of coaching but we paid very good money for the two of them and it would look as if we were taken to the cleaners.
So much for Stats Boy's programme, surely it is time to ditch it.

It's Bonfire night 🔥 on Sunday, a good day to burn rubbish. Especially Statts rubbish.

Never forget your Roots.

Jims Dentist

Well Kline has apparently gone now horay.
However, should T Khan also relinquish his post as he backed all that Kline did and stood for.
From the moment these two totally unqualified people were appointed the writing was on the wall.
The posts they fill/filled need people with football background and experience.

HatterDon

Quote from: Jims Dentist on November 01, 2017, 08:35:45 PM
However, should T Khan also relinquish his post as he backed all that Kline did and stood for.
From the moment these two totally unqualified people were appointed the writing was on the wall.

and yet "these two totally unqualified people" damn near got us back to the Premier League last season. Amazing  064.gif
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Twig

Well Kline's replacement has a lot more relevant experience so that is a step in the right direction.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: HatterDon on November 01, 2017, 10:35:07 PM

and yet "these two totally unqualified people" damn near got us back to the Premier League last season. Amazing  064.gif

I think maybe that was despite them, not because of them, only my theory of course.

Never forget your Roots.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 02, 2017, 08:52:12 AM

I think maybe that was despite them, not because of them, only my theory of course.

The transfer system this summer that has cost Kline his job is the same one that bought in Malone, Aluko, Johansen, Kmac, etc so to say it was despite them is a bit harsh.

Last year was a team effort, but this year that team seems to have collapsed.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on November 02, 2017, 09:02:35 AM

The transfer system this summer that has cost Kline his job is the same one that bought in Malone, Aluko, Johansen, Kmac, etc so to say it was despite them is a bit harsh.

I am not sure it was the transfer system that was the cause of Kline being dismissed. It was more his gross misconduct and arrogance and attitude and lack of respect towards his working colleagues and associates and not forgetting his offensive manner, a bit of a control freak, which all contributed to an air of hostility.
He was a real piece of work.
If you live by the sword you generally die by the sword. You only have to ask Sir Craven of Cottage.

Never forget your Roots.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Statto on November 02, 2017, 02:18:37 PM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on November 02, 2017, 09:02:35 AM

Are we also going to credit Rigg for bringing in Ream, Fredericks and Cairney then?
I believe McDonald was also targeted a year before we signed him, ie, during Rigg's time.

Of course another explanation is it was good coaching by Jokanovic, turning average players into good players,rather than us recruiting players who were already inherently good
Well said Statto.

Artful Dodger

If Kamara was brought in under Kline's stats system, did it notice he only uses his left foot for standing on? Granted, I haven't seen him too much but when I have, I am yet to see him use his left foot and it is my biggest bug bear in a professional footballer that they can't practice kicking a ball with their weaker foot. Did Kline's stats note how many goals he had scored with his left foot - I am prepared to wager it isn't many - and if so, was it not deemed an issue? If it wasn't, I would do away with it right away!
Faber est suae quisque fortunae