watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

IF /WHEN Joka departs....

Started by AnotherVicHalomLoveChild, November 01, 2017, 08:09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twig

It is simply far too premature to be discussing replacement managers in my view.

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: Matt10 on November 01, 2017, 09:33:58 PM
Changing up managers is exactly what happened in our exit from the Prem. Do you really want to go through that worthless debacle again?

Changing managers is exactly how we went from Lawrie Sanchez to a European final. Sometimes debacles aren't so worthless. Not calling for a change but there's plenty of different outcomes to a managerial change, not all are negative

Matt10

Quote from: Newry FFC on November 02, 2017, 11:30:40 PM
Quote from: Matt10 on November 01, 2017, 09:33:58 PM
Changing up managers is exactly what happened in our exit from the Prem. Do you really want to go through that worthless debacle again?

Changing managers is exactly how we went from Lawrie Sanchez to a European final. Sometimes debacles aren't so worthless. Not calling for a change but there's plenty of different outcomes to a managerial change, not all are negative

Thankfully Joka has been given more time than Sanchez, reached higher feats last year as well, and has prove that we can reach our goals. You would think that would mean something in this league, but apparently to fans it just means let's try someone else the second we're off the mark.

So no, I completely disagree with the notion of change in manager. I would hope there'd be some loyalty for once.

RaySmith

Unfortunately, that's the way football is at the moment - if the club's results aren't  good enough, then sack the manager.

And this will be Slav's fate, if our results don't improve, but then you have the problem of who to appoint in his place, and I don't think this will be Coleman  for a few reasons. Well, why not see if Roy can be tempted from palace, but I don't think this will happen either.

Marcel_Gecov

Would rather try and pull of a david Wagner or marco Silva-esque appointment and find someone completely out of the blue. If it goes bad, it could be awful (see: Marinus Dijkhuizen) but could also work really well as the aforementioned two plus Christensen at Leeds amongst others.

MJG

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on November 03, 2017, 10:42:18 AM
Would rather try and pull of a david Wagner or marco Silva-esque appointment and find someone completely out of the blue. If it goes bad, it could be awful (see: Marinus Dijkhuizen) but could also work really well as the aforementioned two plus Christensen at Leeds amongst others.
Christensen has real problems at Leeds and the fans are not impressed. Started well but six losses in eight games has not gone down well.
Just the views of a long term fan

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: MJG on November 03, 2017, 10:53:45 AM
Christensen has real problems at Leeds and the fans are not impressed. Started well but six losses in eight games has not gone down well.

My bad. That's why I usually research my points before I make them. I guess the basic point stays the same however.

MJG

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on November 03, 2017, 11:54:00 AM
Quote from: MJG on November 03, 2017, 10:53:45 AM

My bad. That's why I usually research my points before I make them. I guess the basic point stays the same however.
Just shows what a good start does for a team., It allows you to have runs like that and still be in touch.
Just the views of a long term fan

filham

At this moment we must not consider a change of manager but our full support must be given to Jocanovic until the end of the season.
If however there is not an upturn in this season's results and performances to date then a close inspection of Jocanovic's Fulham record should be undertaken and it may well be seen that Coleman is a better option.