watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

IF /WHEN Joka departs....

Started by AnotherVicHalomLoveChild, November 01, 2017, 08:09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

is it time to give Chris Coleman another chance?

I realise that I am going to be slaughtered by many for even suggesting this but

He knows & loves our club

I'm guessing he has FFC stamped on his heart

He has grown & developed massively as a manager of Wales

He knows exactly what it takes to cope with the Championship & the Premiership

He can install the nous, the savvy, the necessary players & attitudes to cope with the clever, artful, devious players that are "bread & butter" for other sides which we seem so incapable of coping with

EG wind the lad Kamara up & get him sent off, easy peasy

How do we cope with that?

Does Joka know?

Can he coach our players to avoid it?

To his credit he changed the plan / set up first half but we were lost, it didn't work, we then failed second half especially with the sending off

Could be that firing stats man IS the first step to correcting things but I am dreading our historical successful January window

If Joka doesn't make it then just suggesting Chris Coleman might well be our answer

Dread to think of the alternative - "usual suspects!"

Of course  we will now WIN @ Wolves (boy do we owe them) but that's just covering the cracks I'm afraid

COYW!!

Riverside

If Coleman brings Bale with him . It's a yes from me .
If not I am still ok with Joka

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fulham76

No idea what's going on behind the scenes at the moment but there is probably 'something'.

If SJ were to leave, and I don't want him to, Chris Coleman is a good shout for next manager.

But still employed by wales isn't he?

Milo

IF he goes... and we are a very long way from that... then personally I'd want to see Pardew. He fits the Fulham profile and has a lot of experience.

@jolslover

I'd want Karanka, Paulo Sousa, Maybe Mazzari.

Pardew perfect for Fulham -- Same guy who got sacked from Southampton cos he kept trying to have sex with the directors wives??

I don't even think this should be debated now. Happy with Joka.
STH H3

Marcel_Gecov

It'll be when, eventually. But to much is going on to consider that now.

HV71

We don't need the 'media darling ' Coleman '- we need Slav

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: @jolslover on November 01, 2017, 08:53:29 PM
I'd want Karanka, Paulo Sousa, Maybe Mazzari.

Pardew perfect for Fulham -- Same guy who got sacked from Southampton cos he kept trying to have sex with the directors wives??

I don't even think this should be debated now. Happy with Joka.

With the Directors wives you say.
I wonder why he had number 69 on his Training Top. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

JDH101

Never understood the 'he knows our club' argument. Surely that argument died once and for all with Symons.

Matt10

Changing up managers is exactly what happened in our exit from the Prem. Do you really want to go through that worthless debacle again?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Riverside on November 01, 2017, 08:28:33 PM
If Coleman brings Bale with him . It's a yes from me .
If not I am still ok with Joka

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only Bale Coleman will bring in is a Bale of Hay.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

jarv

Too early to discuss replacements. However, for me Moyes worth a shot.Just saying.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: jarv on November 02, 2017, 09:01:52 AM
Too early to discuss replacements. However, for me Moyes worth a shot.Just saying.

090.gif

hovewhite

I want slav to stay as a coach he will only get better after a full second season as hes still learning,also do love his brand of football,however if he leaves or is pushed out would have cookie back in an instant as i thinks hes grown into a great coach but more importantly hes a great man manager and seems to motivate players which i think is weakness in slav at the moment.

ron

Quote from: hovewhite on November 02, 2017, 09:07:50 AM
I want slav to stay as a coach he will only get better after a full second season as hes still learning,also do love his brand of football,however if he leaves or is pushed out would have cookie back in an instant as i thinks hes grown into a great coach but more importantly hes a great man manager and seems to motivate players which i think is weakness in slav at the moment.

I wouldn't normally agree that it is a good idea to go back to previous personnel, but as you say, Cookie now is a very different proposition than he was when he left us.

Slav's weakness is that he's good in the middle third, but seems to have little idea what to do at each end.

Rhys Lightning 63

NO!!! He's doing just fine with the national team, let's not spoil it right now. Euro 2020 final is at Wembley, he's got that to win first
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

fulhamfan

Colemans stock is too high for him to be our manager anytime soon.

The Rock

The fact that Slav has a history of being put in charge and getting a team promoted even on shorter notice (Watford) sort of dictates we can't do much better and he's done quite well with what he has had to work with.

With our stats based system which won't disappear with Kline, I am not sure the head coach makes that much of a difference. I'd welcome Coleman back, and I'd love to see SJ stayed too.

bog

YankeeJim

Is there anyone who is still here from the Cookie days? Granted, the Cottage is special but I doubt the players have the same affection for the Cottage that the fans do.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.