watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Another very poor performance

Started by The Swan, November 03, 2017, 09:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Codgerinho

It was a relegation zone quality performance. Porous at the back, toothless up front, lazy and ponderous everywhere. Baffling after the end of last season. Mollo looks good but all the other summer recruits are clearly sub-standard. With Carney injured and the team quality reduced the only hope is some good January recruits. SJ can produce the goods given the raw materials.

bog

Quote from: BestOfBrede on November 03, 2017, 09:54:27 PM
Really?
Was it that bad a performance against a top team that spent millions?
Didn't we play reasonably well but just couldn't find that final pass?
Didn't they only threaten a couple of times, and they were free kicks?
Not sure what our supporters have become to expect to be honest..
Expect us to beat everyone, gain promotion et. Etc
Really - about time a bit support when things aren't going well becsme the norm?

But no - let's spend the next 2 weeks moaning about everyone and everything

Oh well you will get your own way and we will get a magnificent new manager that has no idea about playing football,but only getting results - can't wait.

:plus one:

092.gif

ron

But if you get the results first, surely our perception that beauty is in our game will soon follow...?

jarv

oh dear....a lot of pessimism. I hope the team is better for the game v Derby. I am flying in for that one and possibly Millwall the following week.  Come on Fulham.   082.gif

JoelH5

In escence... we are woeful at the back and there is just a lot of hot air going forward. Way too weak up front. Every time we get in the oppositions third we just get pushed off the ball ans lose it. Same old, week in week out
I was there, standing in the Putney end

JoelH5

Quote from: bog on November 04, 2017, 10:47:38 AM
Quote from: BestOfBrede on November 03, 2017, 09:54:27 PM
Really?
Was it that bad a performance against a top team that spent millions?
Didn't we play reasonably well but just couldn't find that final pass?
Didn't they only threaten a couple of times, and they were free kicks?
Not sure what our supporters have become to expect to be honest..
Expect us to beat everyone, gain promotion et. Etc
Really - about time a bit support when things aren't going well becsme the norm?

But no - let's spend the next 2 weeks moaning about everyone and everything

Oh well you will get your own way and we will get a magnificent new manager that has no idea about playing football,but only getting results - can't wait.

:plus one:

092.gif

That would be perfect. If he gets the results I'll be happy. If we do someday end up getting back into the prem, the whole team will change anyway so who cares if we get their playing 'pretty' football. As long as we get there
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Bill2

While I am also incensed by our performance yesterday, there is something we should not overlook which is the number of our players who picked up early yellows yesterday, 3 in the first 25 minutes, then McD in the 49th. Bearing in mind there was not a nasty challenge amongst them and still not sure why Norwood got his. This meant that you had the entire midfield on eggshells for the rest of the game and the slightest challenge would have been a red and all the consequences that would have.