watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Another very poor performance

Started by The Swan, November 03, 2017, 09:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

We don't often play well against Wolves but tonight was awful.

We can't pass, can't tackle, can't head the ball, can't defend set plays. The list goes on and it never improves.
The Swan

Woolly Mammoth

Where is the Heart Beat. The wheels are truly off now, and Jok looks like a man thwart of ideas and energy.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

CorkCity

I reckon we have at least 10 years of this.
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

BestOfBrede

Really?
Was it that bad a performance against a top team that spent millions?
Didn't we play reasonably well but just couldn't find that final pass?
Didn't they only threaten a couple of times, and they were free kicks?
Not sure what our supporters have become to expect to be honest..
Expect us to beat everyone, gain promotion et. Etc
Really - about time a bit support when things aren't going well becsme the norm?

But no - let's spend the next 2 weeks moaning about everyone and everything

Oh well you will get your own way and we will get a magnificent new manager that has no idea about playing football,but only getting results - can't wait.

Ordar

Is what we're doing now "playing football"

BestOfBrede

Yes it is
I can't be bothered - enjoy and I really don't want to see you lot saying how good our manager is when we get to the playoffs- in fact I hope you hold your head in shame!

Mind you, I expect that through all the whinging Slavisa will probably leave and we will get a kick n run merchant - again, if that happens - enjoy!

Anyway, I expect the mods will now give me a ban for actually having the cheek to disagree with all the moaning and anti Everthing posts.
Oh well- ce la vie

doobs

ScalleysDad

Quote from: BestOfBrede on November 03, 2017, 10:07:05 PM
Yes it is
I can't be bothered - enjoy and I really don't want to see you lot saying how good our manager is when we get to the playoffs- in fact I hope you hold your head in shame!

Mind you, I expect that through all the whinging Slavisa will probably leave and we will get a kick n run merchant - again, if that happens - enjoy!

Anyway, I expect the mods will now give me a ban for actually having the cheek to disagree with all the moaning and anti Everthing posts.
Oh well- ce la vie

Or you could debate your point. I will start with my very basic concern over the coaching. Which member of the squad is consistently better than last year or has noticeably improved since they arrived?

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: doobs on November 03, 2017, 10:10:31 PM
Fulham were total rubbish tonight.

Insightful contribution, thanks fella!

Bill2

Yes it is

Oh well- ce la vie
While I am the infernal optimist and still believe in the manager we were terrible tonight. Wolves scored from two dead ball deliveries apart from that they dominated possession but did not cause the problems I expected. They made Button make two good saves in the second half. But we did not make any decent shots on target, again, with pathetic shots straight at the keeper or not hitting the target, or in the case of Fonte not even shooting.

I don't know what the answer is but we need to do something, Ayite, Fonte and a number of others were awful tonight.

Rambler

We were awful. The match is clear for everyone on tv.
Slow, ponderous, lacking any direction.
No meaningful passes at all.
It really was abysmal. No excuses. And they carved us open time again. From about 60 mins onwards they were in 2nd gear with the game won. That was the only reason no more goals were scored. It wasn't because we improved at all.

CorkCity

Yes it is

Oh well- ce la vie

Don't be a drama queen. We all want Fulham to win every game, but we can see that the players are not up to it and unfortunately the manager will take the blame.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: CorkCity on November 03, 2017, 10:19:06 PM
Yes it is

Oh well- ce la vie

Don't be a drama queen. We all want Fulham to win every game, but we can see that the players are not up to it and unfortunately the manager will take the blame.
Stick to your shenanigans matey - drama queen really?

CorkCity

Quote from: BestOfBrede on November 03, 2017, 10:21:10 PM
Quote from: CorkCity on November 03, 2017, 10:19:06 PM
Yes it is

Oh well- ce la vie

Stick to your shenanigans matey - drama queen really?

I though you were not bothered ?

Woolly Mammoth

Will this fortnight in the break do us good. Or will our shortcomings festa and snowball into a crisis that will take its share of casualties.
The only time Jok looked upbeat in his post match interview, was when he mentioned the International Break.
He needs it to take a good look at where he and the team are going wrong. But that shouldn't take too long.
If he wants to call me I could enlighten him in a ten minute chat. But he probably wouldn't  agree with me as he seems set in his ways.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Milo

It's a turbulent week with the Kline saga (again). I think if we can scrape enough points to still be in the chasing pack then we should make a late run for the playoffs like last year.

If we do cling onto 7-8th spot though by Xmas, we need some money spent in the transfer market to cheer everyone up.

filham

Quote from: BestOfBrede on November 03, 2017, 09:54:27 PM
Really?
Was it that bad a performance against a top team that spent millions?
Didn't we play reasonably well but just couldn't find that final pass?
Didn't they only threaten a couple of times, and they were free kicks?
Not sure what our supporters have become to expect to be honest..
Expect us to beat everyone, gain promotion et. Etc
Really - about time a bit support when things aren't going well becsme the norm?

But no - let's spend the next 2 weeks moaning about everyone and everything

Oh well you will get your own way and we will get a magnificent new manager that has no idea about playing football,but only getting results - can't wait.
Is it asking too much for performances and results against top teams similar to those achieved against Huddersfield and Newcasltle last season.

We played a bit of pretty football in midfield tonight but never put them under pressure in the last third.

Let there be no doubt we are missing Malone and Aluko who could provide thrust in attack, none of the players bought in the summer are anywhere near as good as those two.

Yes we got very good money for them but that money is in no way helping us to put in good performances.

davew

Yes it is

Oh well- ce la vie
Brede it is c'est la vie! (lol), oh by the way I thought we played quite well last night except where it counts, up front!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

ScalleysDad

I would suggest Kalas and Cairney were better than any notional starting point. Interestingly one of those has gone right off the pace and seems lost much of the time. Kmac has grown into his role and is now one of our rocks and Ream could be considered the same. Is that coaching or a result of regular football in their favoured position? I would like to say yes to Fredericks but a couple of games ago Odoi was a preferred choice on here. That exciting young cavalier we call Sess has gone backwards fast.
Recent performances and the inconsistencies throughout the team highlight a lack of cohesion and players simply not playing well enough, as individuals and within a game plan. Our inability to use the dead ball or play our way out of defence could be another debate but the core principles of that come from practice . . . . . coaching if you will.

toshes mate

Quote from: davew on November 04, 2017, 09:49:19 AM
oh by the way I thought we played quite well last night except where it counts, up front!!
I agree there were moments when we did give the Championship leaders a game but in context they were too little and, as you imply, lacking a finisher.  I also thought the team looked really tired and lacklustre in the last twenty minutes or so.  It's like we are a eight/nine man side looking for a solution as to the missing two/three players.  I'd offer my solution to that conundrum but it won't do us any good now.