watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Official impatient fans' calm down thread

Started by Bassey the warrior, November 04, 2017, 11:49:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

In response to the Slav out thread, I'd encourage said fans to remember that there's another transfer window soon and we'd still have enough time to make the top 6 with the right recruitment.
Slavisa has clearly won the battle with Craig Kline and it will be interesting to see who we bring in in January.

In Slavisa we trust!

Wearethewhites

How do you know he's won the battle with Craig Kline? He was dismissed for allegations against the Club wasn't he, not because the Club thought his stats approach was failing?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't this new Lovell chap already stepped into his role, with immediate effect? That tells me, that nothing has changed, and that we'll continue with the same approach.

Lighthouse

This just isn't true. The battle with Kline was not one over stats based transfers and did involve just our coach. The system itself will change little even as the personalities do. Our coach has failed this season with the team he has so he has very little chance or time to start messing about with transfers. Our coach is certainly not to blame for the whole problem but it would be naive to suggest he is some innocent pawn. His tactics and team selections alone are cause for concern.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 04, 2017, 12:17:25 PM
This just isn't true. The battle with Kline was not one over stats based transfers and did involve just our coach. The system itself will change little even as the personalities do. Our coach has failed this season with the team he has so he has very little chance or time to start messing about with transfers. Our coach is certainly not to blame for the whole problem but it would be naive to suggest he is some innocent pawn. His tactics and team selections alone are cause for concern.

Regardless of why Kline was fired, the fact is he has been and Slavisa is still here.

As to claiming he has failed, has he really? Or is this just a more accurate reflection of how good our squad is and last year was a huge overachievement?

Not saying he's doing great, but he is trying different things and it's just not working. I don't see how firing him will help.

JoelH5

It's fine.  We could be 6 points off the relegation zone by the end of the day. Let's just bury our heads in the sand and hope for the best...

I don't think he should go yet... but he should be told (and maybe he has) he hasn't got long to turn it around.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

davew

If the owner and management think they have already done enough in the last transfer window to improve our squad and our performances and results have deteriorated since the Summer window, why would they then invest heavily in the next window? Surely they will sack Joka and make him the scapegoat, even though he is only partially to blame on where we are in the league at the moment.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

toshes mate

I don't know the reason why Kline was sacked but I do know it has been reported in the media that SJ was neither a key issue nor concern.  Sure SJ has been dismissive of Kline's role in the past but, for all we know, that may have been window dressing as in 'if I say what I really want to say, I am out of here like a dose of salts'.  SJ signed his contract much earlier this year and was resigned to having a 'part' in selecting the players he needed, what 'part' and how it worked none of us know.  It has been inferred by some on here that his role 'must' have been significant without any evidence to back them.   Statto has already posted one of SJ's quotes which suggests if there is a earthquake fault under FFC then it isn't the presence of SJ.   It would be good if some of the supporters closer to the Boardroom could suss out just what is wrong but I doubt they'll get too far.  What we can all say is it is a mess compounded by last season's wonderful run.