2 (1.1%)
Lawrie Sanchez
29 (16.2%)
Martin Jol
19 (10.6%)

Total Members Voted: 176

Voting closed: November 13, 2017, 11:23:09 AM

Friendsoffulham

Supporting the Whites must have favourites when it comes to least favourite managers at Fulham. Who didn't cut it, either through incompetence, arrogance, or a snap in the synapses. How do you choose the worst for Fulham? Vote above, and let us know if we've missed anyone  :drums:

Alan Dicks

Bobby Campbell

Don Mackay

Felix Magath

Lawrie Sanchez

Martin Jol

the nutflush

Martin Jol.  I still have nightmares.  Felix was a fruitcake but Jol was to blame for that whole season. 

the nutflush

Keynsham

Poor Alan Dicks, he was a lovely bloke.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: the nutflush on November 10, 2017, 11:26:18 AM
Martin Jol.  I still have nightmares.  Felix was a fruitcake but Jol was to blame for that whole season.

The last season perhaps but when we had Dembele and Dempsey in the squad we looked brilliant. Magath bough Fotheringham, he loses.

Lighthouse

There are two managers that stand out above the others. Alan Dicks and Felix Magath. Nobody else is in with a shout if we include these two in the list. I remember Alan Dicks trying to coach from the bench and confusing the hell out of Ivor and Coney. They kept stopping to look at him. Meanwhile the ball was gone and Alan Dicks was making snide remarks to whoever was sitting next to him. Felix we all know must just take the title.

The others in the list are non starters when it comes to being bad compared to these two.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

the nutflush

Dembele and Dempsey weren't bought by Jol.  They were already there. They were autonmatic slections and could play on autopilot.  You or I could have managed a team with those two in the lineup.  Dembele and Dempsey couldn't wait to get out of there.  Doesn't that tell you something about Jol? 

MJG

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 10, 2017, 11:31:16 AM
There are two managers that stand out above the others. Alan Dicks and Felix Magath. Nobody else is in with a shout if we include these two in the list. I remember Alan Dicks trying to coach from the bench and confusing the hell out of Ivor and Coney. They kept stopping to look at him. Meanwhile the ball was gone and Alan Dicks was making snide remarks to whoever was sitting next to him. Felix we all know must just take the title.

The others in the list are non starters when it comes to being bad compared to these two.
Magath will win, but it was Dicks who was worse.
Just the views of a long term fan

the nutflush

Gotta add Jol to the list.  He won't win but will be a big vote grabber.  He was terrible.  His press conferences were excruciating.

filham

You have to excuse Dicks and Mackay, they had nothing to work with , we were penny less at the time and they had very little to work with.
I think Magath has to be a runaway winner with Sanchez some way behind him.

Lighthouse

Quote from: filham on November 10, 2017, 11:47:28 AM
You have to excuse Dicks and Mackay, they had nothing to work with , we were penny less at the time and they had very little to work with.
I think Magath has to be a runaway winner with Sanchez some way behind him.

Dicks had plenty to work with. He was incompetent at every level. Magath ditto. Sanchez brought in his players and tried playing his own style. It didn't work but he wasn't incompetent. IMO.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Sir Alec of good Stock

Dicks Out
Cox Out
Stop the rot sack the Scot (Don Mackay)

Legendary chants.

Woolly Mammoth

It's a no brainer, some were poor I admit for one reason or another. But at least they were human.
Felix Wolfgang Magath was not of this earth, and the evidence is in the season he took us down, and the damage he did to morale whilst taking us down. His treatments of respected professionals.
Then if that wasn't enough for the dudes that run Fulham, they gave this Snake Oil Salesman a licence to continue his sabotaging and pillaging of the club into the following season, can you believe. To reduce moral and the clubs credibility lower than a snakes belly, and we are still feeling the fall out of this debacle, hence why we are where we are.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

MikeW

Branfoot was pretty ineffective mind.  He threw in the towel and passed it on to Mickey didn't he?
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Sir Alec of good Stock

Quote from: MikeW on November 10, 2017, 01:05:06 PM
Branfoot was pretty ineffective mind.  He threw in the towel and passed it on to Mickey didn't he?

Branfoot  brought in the players who added steel and experience to the team such as Cockerell, Hurlock and Alan Cork and it was the basis of that team that, with a few free transfers that Mickey Adams built in to the promotion team.
I remember his last game in charge was a 2-1 defeat at Torquay, we were 91st in the league and they were 92nd. Mickey's first game in charge was the following Tuesday in a 0-0 draw at Belle Vue Doncaster and you could see in the performance that evening that the players wanted to play for him and the rest is history.
So although Branfoot was not a successful manager, it was signings that prevented the club from going in to non league and, if that had happened and it could easily have, I doubt that Al Fayed would have looked at buying the club.

Mince n Tatties

This topic needs removing right away as its totally biased.Why isn't Slavisa Jokanovic on there. :hook:

hovewhite

Dr Know

Snibbo

Quote from: hovewhite on November 10, 2017, 02:23:49 PM
Quote from: the nutflush on November 10, 2017, 11:26:59 AM
PS Sanchez has to be up there.
the man was a plonker.followed by magath.
But sanchez at least made some good signings which is more than can be said for Magath

Dixie

I can't believe that Sanchez isn't absolutely running away with this. In my opinion he was worst by miles - no clue, terrible playing style and the charisma of a bin liner. I had a fair few drinks to celebrate the day he was (very belatedly) sacked.
Don't have recollection of all the others, but i would have Jol next and then probably Magath (who at the very least had some sort of plan to bring the youth through...)
"Dixie" Dean Coney - the legend lives on!