Main Menu

Predict the newspaper reports on our game

Started by BestOfBrede, September 17, 2010, 01:30:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry Tibbs

WhiteJC

"Those bounders of Fulham ruin feisty Bolton's boots with their shins"

HatterDon

turning now to the unfashionable end of the Premier League, Fulham played at Blackburn with the result being ... oh, who are we kidding? Nobody really cares about sides like that do they?

Turn the page for extended feature stories about Owen Hargreaves latest hangnail and Frank Lampard's meeting with an oculist.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Lighthouse

From the Sunday News Of the Sport.

Blackburn 2 - 0 Fulham

After last weeks over the top barracking of the Wolves team by the Posh Fans Of Fulham, only a few hundred fans could pull themselves away from their high tea to  actually watch their team play away. Fulham started well enough but a needless and crude challenge by Simon Chopper Davies was considered bad enough to recieve a straight red. Although to many the decision may have been a little harsh, Sam Allabitdicey said that if you live by the boot you have to face the wind. Which Hughes said made no sense.

A mistake by Stephen Kelly, a new signing from Mexico (please check as I was in the bar at this time) allowed Blackburn to beat the hesitant want away Australian Keeper at his near post. A penalty appeal by Fulham when Dembele appeared to be hacked down by three Blackburn players resulted in the soft Belgium Choclate to be consumed by a yellow card. (Ed - check to see if any of this is racsist)

Blackburn scored again in the 93 rd minute but I was off down the motorway.

Afterwards Hughes said - Overall the game hinged on a harsh sending off and a penalty decision we should have fall our way.

Allinmybackpocket said - I think we managed to stop playing Football for most of the match. Or stopped them playing football, one of the two. Anybody got any money for me?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Terry Tibbs

:011:  :045:

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 17, 2010, 04:22:23 PM
From the Sunday News Of the Sport.

Blackburn 2 - 0 Fulham

After last weeks over the top barracking of the Wolves team by the Posh Fans Of Fulham, only a few hundred fans could pull themselves away from their high tea to  actually watch their team play away. Fulham started well enough but a needless and crude challenge by Simon Chopper Davies was considered bad enough to recieve a straight red. Although to many the decision may have been a little harsh, Sam Allabitdicey said that if you live by the boot you have to face the wind. Which Hughes said made no sense.

A mistake by Stephen Kelly, a new signing from Mexico (please check as I was in the bar at this time) allowed Blackburn to beat the hesitant want away Australian Keeper at his near post. A penalty appeal by Fulham when Dembele appeared to be hacked down by three Blackburn players resulted in the soft Belgium Choclate to be consumed by a yellow card. (Ed - check to see if any of this is racsist)

Blackburn scored again in the 93 rd minute but I was off down the motorway.

Afterwards Hughes said - Overall the game hinged on a harsh sending off and a penalty decision we should have fall our way.

Allinmybackpocket said - I think we managed to stop playing Football for most of the match. Or stopped them playing football, one of the two. Anybody got any money for me?

Scrumpy

News of The World
Blackburn 2 Fulham 1

The honest hard graft from Blackburn finally overcame their more fashionable cousins from the posh part of London. Rovers started the brighter of the two teams, testing want-away Keeper Schwarzer with a number of close range headers. The Australian Keeper was finally beaten in the 43rd minute by a towering header from Samba; a goal that was allowed to stand despite a seemingly obvious foul by Dunn, Diouf and Nelson on Hangeland.

The Londoners started the second half brightly, and their pathetically small support had something to cheer about when Dembele scored a tap in from 30 yards. It is surely only a matter of time before the talented Belgium moves on to the larger stage that he deserves. Rovers twice cleared Fulham shots off their own line, but deservedly bundled home the winner in the 12th minute of injury time. It was a victory for 'Lancashire hot pot' over the more stylish, but less cynical, 'Fulham butternut squash'.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Scrumpy

Sunday Sport
Blackburn 2 Fulham 1

Fulham's Zoltan Gera was today reeling from the revelation that our very own Dawn McKenzie has filmed herself in a sexy threesome with Zolly and his 12 stone Mastif hound. See page 14 for exclusive pictures. 

Scrumpy

The Observer

...meanwhile, Harlequins' close neighbours Fulham were losing to Blackburn in the Premier leage......