watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Under 18 year old chip off the old goal-keeping block

Started by Southcoastffc, November 28, 2017, 04:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

".....Julian Schwarzer, who had a fantastic game between the sticks....." sounds as if Mark Schwarzer's son is doing the business for us at U18 level.   Perhaps we'll see him in the first team in a few years?   http://www.fulhamfc.com/under-18s/2017_2018/cup/away/leicester-city-u18s
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

filham

I remember a young Tony Macedo , one of our best ever keepers, breaking into our team while on National Service which means he was probably about 19 years old.

If Julian Shwarzer is half as good as his dad or Tony then we should be seeing him in the first team squad any time soon.

davew

Macedo a great keeper and character, I remember him well!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

bog

gang

Quote from: bog on November 29, 2017, 09:32:40 AM
Quote from: davew on November 29, 2017, 08:53:57 AM

My favourite player, his nephew is a member of friends of Fulham but I can't remember which name he uses on the board.

:plus one:

092.gif

toshes mate

Add me to the Tony Macedo fan club.  A shot stopper if ever there was one, and certainly one of the best keepers Fulham have had.

ron

Quote from: gang on November 29, 2017, 09:45:38 AM
Quote from: bog on November 29, 2017, 09:32:40 AM

My favourite player, his nephew is a member of friends of Fulham but I can't remember which name he uses on the board.

092.gif

Stoneleigh Loyalist

I hope that Schwartzer Jnr is loyal to the club and it is not just a case of our good Academy being used .
Mouhrino Jnr was also on our books, but he has disappeared.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on November 29, 2017, 01:08:42 PM
I hope that Schwartzer Jnr is loyal to the club and it is not just a case of our good Academy being used .
Mouhrino Jnr was also on our books, but he has disappeared.
Interestingly, both Schwarzer Jnr and Mourinho Jnr are/were goalkeepers.   
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

sunburywhite

For those of you too young
He was born in Gibraltar in 1938 of British Gibraltarian parents. Macedo joined Fulham as a youth team player in 1955. He made his debut for the first team in a match against Bristol City in December 1957. Following his debut he went on to establish himself as the club's number one goalkeeper. He was part of the side that reached the semi-final of the FA Cup in 1958 and 1962. In 1958, he played a crucial role in Fulham's successful promotion to the First Division. He played in each of Fulham's nine successive seasons in the First Division. A series of injuries - including a backpass from Tosh Chamberlain breaking his ribs - reduced his appearances towards the end of the decade. He spent one season at Colchester United, making 38 appearances, before retiring at the premature age of 31. He emigrated to South Africa, where he has lived ever since. He was considered the "finest 'keeper never to win a full England cap", if it was not for his ineligibility having been born in Gibraltar, which did not become members of UEFA until 2013 and remained unrecognised territory by FIFA until the 13th May 2016.
He won 10 caps for England U23 and this was at a time when there was a wealth of talent between the stcks
If my memory serves me right he son was convicted of murder in South Africa (obviously not a reflection on the father)
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

grandad

Next to The Maestro , Macedo is my favorite player. I believe he was the 1st GK to wear a non green shirt. Red was his preferred colour.
Where there's a will there's a wife

sunburywhite

Also if I remember correctly he was a black belt in Judo
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

aaronmcguigan

Jose Jr has given up football. He left by mutual consent but that's him done professionally before he's gone professional...
There's a video of him playing for some team in a kickabout, outfield,  here --> https://youtu.be/Ia0BPZ9eDn4

Julian seems more grounded and has played youth football for Staines too. We have a lot of good talent in the youth team, but had thought this of Bettinelli and Joronen. Hopefully one or two of Rodak, Normans, Ashby Hammonds, and Julian can  breakthrough but more importantly keep developing and improving rather than the stagnation suffered by Jesse and Marcus.

Woolly Mammoth

Tony Macedo, the original Cat, is part of Fulham Folk Law, will never be forgotten.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.