Quote from: Brightster#2 on November 30, 2017, 12:26:42 PM
——————————-button—————————
Fredricks————-kalas———-ream————odoi
————————-——mcdonald———————-
———-———-cairney———-—-johansen———-
Ojo———-———-———-———-———-——-sess
———-———-———-kamara———-———-

Subs: bettineli, djalo, cisse, kebano, de latorre, norwood, fonte
Yes, that looks the best team to me , at least until half time when it may be necessary to alter the front three if they are not making things happen.

Yes, after careful consideration and aforethought, I would probably like to see that lineup start. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Matt10

Can't see us dropping Norwood for Johansen, however at the same time I can't think of a healthy Johansen on the bench. Tough call overall for Slav. Brentford's got some nimble midfielders, so they need to be knocked off the ball a bit through some physicality in McDonald. Also tough call is between Fonte and AK47. I want to see Fonte because he's still got a lot to prove, but part of me believes it's AK's turn to start. I'm fine with either. The only outside chance of them both being on the pitch would be if Odoi was taken out and Sess dropped back, then Fonte takes LW with AK in CF role. I'd be curious how this plays out since we have not done this before. It would be interesting if Fonte can show to take on players like Ojo has done, cutting into his right foot like Ojo does with his left.

Regardless, here's my team vs Brentford:

Button

Fredericks      Kalas      Ream    Odoi

McDonald
          Cairney         Norwood

Ojo                                     Sess
                       Fonte

JackHFFC1990

It's not the line up I would pick but I think Joka will go with

Button
Fredericks Kalas Ream Sessegnon
                     McDonald
               Cairney Norwood
Ojo                   Fonte          Kebano

Subs - Bettinelli  , Djalo , Odoi , Edun , Johansen , De La Torre  , Kamara

Twig

Quote from: Statto on December 01, 2017, 07:39:18 AM
Quote from: Matt10 on December 01, 2017, 04:22:10 AM
Can't see us dropping Norwood for Johansen, however at the same time I can't think of a healthy Johansen on the bench. Tough call overall for Slav... Also tough call is between Fonte and AK47. 

Looking at everyone's proposed line-ups these seem to be the only two positions where views diverge. As noted above, for me I'd rather try Kebano, who has demonstrated far greater guile and goalscoring ability than either of our two "strikers" thus far.

Agree with that and I would start Betts ahead of Button.  I know Button's short distribution is based on Slav's instructions but even in those circumstances the keeper has to occasionally realise there is no short pass out and kick it a bit longer.  He has to have the balls to say to Slav; I'm following your instructions but not when there is simply no option other than the suicidal.  I want to see how Betts would deal with those situations.

EastEndWhite

Quote from: JackHFFC1990 on December 01, 2017, 09:05:33 AM

Button
                     McDonald
               Cairney Norwood

I would be surprised to see Odoi dropped given how well he has been playing recently. If Ream is back then I think Odoi will be at left back with Sess further up the field.

Twig

Quote from: EastEndWhite on December 01, 2017, 11:40:23 AM
Quote from: JackHFFC1990 on December 01, 2017, 09:05:33 AM

Button
                     McDonald
               Cairney Norwood

I would be surprised to see Odoi dropped given how well he has been playing recently. If Ream is back then I think Odoi will be at left back with Sess further up the field.

Absolutely, could not agree more it's a no brainer.

Woolly Mammoth

It would be almost criminal for Dennis to be left out after the good form he is showing, and for him it would feel like a kick below the belt if he was dropped. 

Never forget your Roots.

SP

Interesting odds on offer for tomorrow, evens on the Bees & 12/5 on Fulham.  I'd have thought another 1-1 was more likely?

Woolly Mammoth

If I was a betting man, then a draw would be the favourite. But with Fulham any one of 3 results is possible as their inconsistency is so consistent.
Rather like Paper, Rock, Scissors.

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Surely tomorrow Jocanovic must try something different in attack. Forget the Shefield game and we are this season struggling to score goals. Fonte has played in some fourteen games with but one goal to his credit, Sess. hit three playing in attack against Sheffield.
Come on Jocanovic the facts are starring you in the face.

DevonFFC

Woolly Mammoth

If Fonte had just come from our Academy and recently made his debut earlier this season as a fresh young Teanager, and was playing like he is now, with same impact.
His supporters, his admirers, the people who make excuses for Fonte, would be saying this young academy kid is far too inexperienced and young and it's far too early, and he is not ready or is never going to be good enough, and should not be exposed to the physical demands of the English Championship.
But because he is a 9m player from overseas, they are so understanding and philosophical and full of excuses for him and full of sympathy.
Matt Smith has a better record than Fonte for hitting the back of the net. But that of course is conveniently overlooked.
So what I am suggesting is, that I do not feel that Fonte deserves to start in the lineup, especially as we do have other alternatives.
If we did not, then ok, but we do.

Never forget your Roots.

Matt10

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 01, 2017, 11:01:23 PM
If Fonte had just come from our Academy and recently made his debut earlier this season as a fresh young Teanager, and was playing like he is now, with same impact.
His supporters, his admirers, the people who make excuses for Fonte, would be saying this young academy kid is far too inexperienced and young and it's far too early, and he is not ready or is never going to be good enough, and should not be exposed to the physical demands of the English Championship.
But because he is a 9m player from overseas, they are so understanding and philosophical and full of excuses for him and full of sympathy.
Matt Smith has a better record than Fonte for hitting the back of the net. But that of course is conveniently overlooked.
So what I am suggesting is, that I do not feel that Fonte deserves to start in the lineup, especially as we do have other alternatives.
If we did not, then ok, but we do.

It's the same old story. Fonte supporters and Fonte not-so-much supporters. Who cares at this point. I personally hope he stops being a team player and goes and bags a couple goals just so he can receive some credibility to the fans, because he's only measured by the amount of goals he scores at this point.

Woolly Mammoth

Fonte has had his chance and has failed in the scoring department, and had more chances than Cauley Woodrow ever had. But if Fonte plays and bags a couple, then the landscape changes.
But my concern is that we are not scoring from anywhere else unless Sess plays further forward.
At this stage, I would play Kebano or Kamara ahead of Fonte if they are not playing with him.
My other concern is that, will we keep, and can we keep a clean sheet again for the second week running.
Because if we can, then we only need to score one goal to win the game, which appears par for the course. Unless Sess is moved further up, and then anything can happen, and Sess can do far more damage further up, whether it's scoring or creating.

Never forget your Roots.

Matt10

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 02, 2017, 03:35:11 AM
Fonte has had his chance and has failed in the scoring department, and had more chances than Cauley Woodrow ever had. But if Fonte plays and bags a couple, then the landscape changes.
But my concern is that we are not scoring from anywhere else unless Sess plays further forward.
At this stage, I would play Kebano or Kamara ahead of Fonte if they are not playing with him.
My other concern is that, will we keep, and can we keep a clean sheet again for the second week running.
Because if we can, then we only need to score one goal to win the game, which appears par for the course. Unless Sess is moved further up, and then anything can happen, and Sess can do far more damage further up, whether it's scoring or creating.

Yeah, good point. I do think Sess up front is the way it should be going forward - just can't validate his defending vs. goal scoring...when we need goals.

Matt10

Quote from: Statto on December 02, 2017, 02:16:55 PM
Quote from: Matt10 on December 02, 2017, 02:45:19 AM
It's the same old story. Fonte supporters and Fonte not-so-much supporters.

Looks like the manager is in the "not so much" camp based on today's line up

Thank goodness that never tells the whole story. By that logic he's not in the "any of the subs" camp either, so no, don't think that's it. Eitherway, let's hope if AK or Fonte get called in they do some positive damage.