watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Craven Cottage voted best ground in the Championship and fourth overall

Started by Southcoastffc, November 30, 2017, 12:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Carborundum

Officially better than Anfield. 

To be fair, the Emirates Stadium is amazing.  Comparing it to the Cottage is like comparing the Mona Lisa to Guernica.  The best conclusion is to go see both.  But I now wish I'd gone on an Emirates Stadium tour rather than going to a random Champions League game.  Whilst the building is amazing, the clientele....another matter entirely.  But at least I can say I've seen Mitroglou play 90 minutes - how many of us can say that?

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Carborundum on November 30, 2017, 01:02:58 PM

To be fair, the Emirates Stadium is amazing.  Comparing it to the Cottage is like comparing the Mona Lisa to Guernica.  The best conclusion is to go see both.  But I now wish I'd gone on an Emirates Stadium tour rather than going to a random Champions League game.  Whilst the building is amazing, the clientele....another matter entirely.  But at least I can say I've seen Mitroglou play 90 minutes - how many of us can say that?
Well, there's you.........and, errm ...........
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

HillingdonFFC

Soulless bowl that lacks atmosphere , character or any diverting features. Give me Craven Cottage or a Highbury any day.

mrmicawbers

Let's face it there is no comparison to our iconic Ground.Maybe 4th in the world of Stadia.

Twig

I go to see Arsenal quite often because my neighbor often has one of his ST's spare.  I enjoy the football they play but I certainly do not find the stadium amazing.  Tend to agree that it is a rather soulless concrete bowl, albeit quite an impressive one.

Woolly Mammoth

Who were the three clubs that had the audacity and nerve to be chosen above us ?
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ealex40

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: ealex40 on November 30, 2017, 11:42:13 PM
1. Arsenal, 2. Newcastle and 3. Man United
Quote from: ealex40 on November 30, 2017, 11:42:13 PM
1. Arsenal, 2. Newcastle and 3. Man United

Thank you, the voting must have been close, we could not have been that far behind.
Those three spent far much more money on their Stadiums.
Yet Fulham FC is far richer in culture, nostalgia, history, pure theatre, and natural unspoilt beauty, and if that isnt enough to convince a non believer,  Craven Cottage is God's Country.

Never forget your Roots.

HatterDon

Craven Cottage is the finest sporting venue in any sport in any country in the world. Of course, that's just my opinion. Your mileage may vary.  049:gif
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Woolly Mammoth

You have nailed it in one sentence, and I am completely impartial.

Never forget your Roots.

FulhamKC

When I first walked up to Craven Cottage in 1999, I was immediately struck by how much it reminded me of Wrigley Field, the baseball home of the Chicago Cubs. Wrigley is one of the most beloved ballparks in the US (and rightly so), but it doesn't have the Thames running behind it. I love both, but I love CC the best.