watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

1st time i think i have criticised Slav on here

Started by jeremyfulham, December 02, 2017, 05:13:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaySmith

Questions are bound to be asked about on and off pitch team management in this game.

We seemed to shoot ourselves in the foot, conceding, another, soft goal, when we were in front and seemingly doing ok. Then the disastrous injury to Odoi, and failure of anyone to do anything about it, and which led to the goal and his subsequent sending off.

Then the  subbing of Kebano, who'd scored our only goal,  for Fonte, when we were desperate for a goal, with Kamara on the  bench.

Obviously many will be asking these questions, and I hate to add my voice to the post match despair, but we seemed to fall apart, after seeming well in the game for most of the first half -  it didn't even seem that we would lose, let alone in the way we did.

But I suppose warning bells rang when we gave away that soft first goal.

Woolly Mammoth

Which ever way we look at it, and obviously nobody plans to end up playing with ten men, but I expect professional teams to practice during training to learn to play with one player shy so as to be prepared for all eventualities.
We went from being 1 0 ahead and in the driving seat, to 1 3 down and one man shy. But also looking as though the right hand did not know what the left hand was doing.
No leadership on and off the pitch, and players playing out of position.
Yes certain players may have under performed, but these are the players the manager selects.
So today's game appears to have been badly managed. Therefore there is only one person that can be held responsible for bad game management.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: Statto on December 02, 2017, 05:17:28 PM
Taking Odoi off sounds like a good Odoi... as does starting Sessegnon on left wing... until you realise both would involve playing Djalo

But it wouldn't be such a bad situation if someone like Madl was on the bench. We had ONE defensive player on the bench today and it was Djalo. If Jokanovic thinks Djalo is a better option than Madl, fair enough, but if that's the case he should at least be given a chance. If Joka thinks playing a midfielder out of position is a better option... then Djalo shouldn't even be anywhere near the bench.

And why was Edun dropped? Why would we need that many wingers/"strikers" on the bench? Jokanovic made some really poor decisions today.

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: @jolslover on December 02, 2017, 08:19:17 PM
The Fonte hate is quite bizarre. We've had much worse players and I never saw them get half as much personal abuse as he does. Is it because he cost a lot? Because he doesn't go to the gym regularly? I am not sure. But it is weird that intelligent, technical footballers get lauded out the club see him and ruiz whereas I never saw Kavanagh, Pringle, Stearman etc get any personal abuse in their time here? Is it a British thing?

1) I liked Ruiz.

2) I was happy to see the back of Pringle and Stearman (and they DID get their bit of critisism).

3) The fact that Fonte cost a lot DOES matter.

4) I'm fairly sure he DOES go to the gym regularly.  :dft011:

5) I don't think anyone actually HATES him.

6) Many of our other "intelligent and technical" players are praised here on a daily basis.

7) I'm not even British (whatever you think that has to do with it...).  1500.gif

... and I still think Fonte is a waste of space for us.

He's been given more chances than most but has failed miserably to adapt to our style of play (or possibly to the Championship). I'm sure he can do a much better job at a different club (or league) but I can't see a future for him at Fulham.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 02, 2017, 08:26:41 PM
The Fonte hate is quite bizarre. We've had much worse players and I never saw them get half as much personal abuse as he does. Is it because he cost a lot? Because he doesn't go to the gym regularly? I am not sure. But it is weird that intelligent, technical footballers get lauded out the club see him and ruiz whereas I never saw Kavanagh, Pringle, Stearman etc get any personal abuse in their time here? Is it a British thing?

There is no hate, please do not put words in other people's mouths.
But there is a pattern and the pattern tells me that you are a struggling one eyed defence council for failed footballers from overseas.
If you relied on earning a living at this ludicrous attempt to defend the indefensible.
You would be destitute and living in a shop doorway by the end of the month.
I rest my case.
Well said Woolly.

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: Statto on December 02, 2017, 08:31:49 PM
I never saw Kavanagh, Pringle, Stearman etc get any personal abuse in their time here? Is it a British thing?

That is utter rubbish sorry, they all got absolutely slaughtered on here

Second the utter rubbish statement, solely for trying to claim an Irishman is a Brit