watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

1st time i think i have criticised Slav on here

Started by jeremyfulham, December 02, 2017, 05:13:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeremyfulham

But he should have taken Odoi off Gentleman Jim called the sending off before it occured , if he can see it coming surely our Manager should !
Also against a team that is known not to like a physical forward why not bring AK on instead of Fonte ? 049:gif COYW

davew

The answers to your questions are obvious to most of us, but not the most important person organising our team, he needs to go on a coach training course!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

MikeW

"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

DevonFFC

Quote from: davew on December 02, 2017, 05:18:56 PM
The answers to your questions are obvious to most of us, but not the most important person organising our team, he needs to go on a coach training course!

Madl

Denver Fulham

Quote from: Statto on December 02, 2017, 05:17:28 PM
Taking Odoi off sounds like a good Odoi... as does starting Sessegnon on left wing... until you realise both would involve playing Djalo

Considering we had Johansen, Norwood, Cairney and McDonald on the pitch, we could have dropped McD to CB, dropped Johansen back into his normal midfield role, and brought on Kamara for Odoi.

Instead, he left Odoi on hobbled to pick up a second yellow, and then subbed off Kebano for Fonte, which was insane.

filham

Would Jocanovic be staying with us if a couple on the board new a thing or two about football.

S.F.Sorrow

Agreed, this one is on Joka's head. Not taking off Odoi was a HUGE mistake. Bringing on Fonte was even more stupid.

My wishlist for January:

-Fonte out
-Striker
-CB
-GK

In that order.

I don't think I can stand watching another game with Fonte, even on the bench. He's a complete waste of space. Surely some of our youngsters can do a better job? They would only have to contribute slightly more than ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to be an improvement.

grandad

Not taking Odoi off either when he got injured or at least when he got a good talking to from the ref was Slavisa´s biggest error. He should have brought on Djalo, who did a good job in the Millwall game. At least Kamara is desperate to score & does have some pace whereas Fonte has not a clue how to contribute any threat.
Where there's a will there's a wife

MrD1879

Quote from: grandad on December 02, 2017, 05:51:39 PM
Not taking Odoi off either when he got injured or at least when he got a good talking to from the ref was Slavisa´s biggest error. He should have brought on Djalo, who did a good job in the Millwall game. At least Kamara is desperate to score & does have some pace whereas Fonte has not a clue how to contribute any threat.

Spot on

The thing I really struggle with as well is we have absolutely no idea how to try and get back in to a game other then slinging both full backs up to wingers and losing absolutely all shape. You could argue that was down to 10 men today but we do it every time. Fred and sess are always our biggest threats but it's at the expense of losing all shape and instead of taking the chances they create we inevitably get sucker punched. If it's a tactic it's mind boggling

SP

Holloway getting slated by the Rs fans, wouldn't surprise me if the managers of 2 west London Championship teams walk this evening.

Twig

I have been a firm defender of SJ and am certainly not calling for him to go after one poor game, but this was clearly not his finest hour.  He made several poor calls which were frankly baffling.

filham

Quote from: Twig on December 02, 2017, 06:01:04 PM
I have been a firm defender of SJ and am certainly not calling for him to go after one poor game, but this was clearly not his finest hour.  He made several poor calls which were frankly baffling.

We are all waiting for you to list this season's good games, Sheffield United would of course be your best chance but even then we fell apart in the last ten minutes.

Woolly Mammoth

Jok has overseen a lot of poor games this season, this isn't the first time he has had a bad day game management wise.
He clearly has no faith in Djalo, and would rather play players out of position. Then why have him on the bench, in fact who on earth recruited Marcelo Djalo, if they don't think he is suitable.
Nevertheless, this example today of further poor selection and game management by the current manager, signifies to me that he is beginning to lose the plot.
What with a poor preseason build up, a failed recruitment policy and having to tolerate Kline running around in the background at Motspur Park out of control and undermining the Coaches, plus an absent Chairnan who has a son interfering with everything from recruitment to allowing Kline to run around unchecked in the ludicrous name of stats.
Is it any wonder he hasn't lost his sanity having to deal with an absent owner who is also an absent chairman, his son Tony Khan, and his best mate Craig Kline, who between them, what they know about football, you could write on the back of a postage stamp.
A recipe for disaster, which is being mirrored on the field of play.
Since the Khans walked through the front door, there has been error of judgement after error of judgement.
We all discuss who we should bring in to strengthen a team that cannot stop conceding pathetic soft goals from anywhere, plus a punchless attack.
But has anyone stopped to think now about the players we could lose, due to the failure by the club to build on last seasons play off place.
We think it's fairly down cast now.
It wouldn't surprise me if the worst is still yet to come. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

@jolslover

The Fonte hate is quite bizarre. We've had much worse players and I never saw them get half as much personal abuse as he does. Is it because he cost a lot? Because he doesn't go to the gym regularly? I am not sure. But it is weird that intelligent, technical footballers get lauded out the club see him and ruiz whereas I never saw Kavanagh, Pringle, Stearman etc get any personal abuse in their time here? Is it a British thing?
STH H3

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: @jolslover on December 02, 2017, 08:19:17 PM
The Fonte hate is quite bizarre. We've had much worse players and I never saw them get half as much personal abuse as he does. Is it because he cost a lot? Because he doesn't go to the gym regularly? I am not sure. But it is weird that intelligent, technical footballers get lauded out the club see him and ruiz whereas I never saw Kavanagh, Pringle, Stearman etc get any personal abuse in their time here? Is it a British thing?

There is no hate, please do not put words in other people's mouths.
But there is a pattern and the pattern tells me that you are a struggling one eyed defence council for failed footballers from overseas.
If you relied on earning a living at this ludicrous attempt to defend the indefensible.
You would be destitute and living in a shop doorway by the end of the month.
I rest my case.

Never forget your Roots.

Wearethewhites

Intelligent and technical? He best get a move on then 👀

@jolslover

Quote from: Statto on December 02, 2017, 08:31:49 PM
I never saw Kavanagh, Pringle, Stearman etc get any personal abuse in their time here? Is it a British thing?

That is utter rubbish sorry, they all got absolutely slaughtered on here

Was at the game today and I saw Fonte get more abuse than I ever saw any of them get (Talking in real life here)
STH H3

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: @jolslover on December 02, 2017, 08:59:32 PM
I never saw Kavanagh, Pringle, Stearman etc get any personal abuse in their time here? Is it a British thing?

Was at the game today and I saw Fonte get more abuse than I ever saw any of them get (Talking in real life here)

Well as much as I do not like to see any Fulham player get abuse, rightly or wrongly.
So forget the abuse for one moment, and ask yourself, either all those people who abused him are wrong in their analysis, or you are, so on that basis who do you think is correct.

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Well deserved then, not interested in past history the club have made mistakes before, statistics and history show that, the guy shouldn't get abuse while trying to play for us, I would hope he is trying for us and for me he is very trying, just not good enough!! Must read the rest of this thread though and correct if I have picked up the wrong end of the thread, what I do know though is my m8 Woolly is a knowledgeable and loyal follower of FFC, as I am!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

MikeW

Twig: One poor game?  This season has been a catalogue of error and miscalculation.  Must be said.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."