watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

And Charlie Austin scores again.

Started by bobby01, December 03, 2017, 02:50:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobby01

He would be ideal for us, holds up, always in the box,with our wingers , perfect solution.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Riversider

How many times over the last year or so have I mentioned him on here ? And usually ridiculed by the experts (cough) on here for doing so.
Sadly for me and for Fulham the Charlie Austin horse has well and truly bolted now so we've got no chance now of seeing Charlie in a Fulham shirt.

Woolly Mammoth

Charlie Austin would be a shoe in for us, good in the air and on the ground. He is made for us.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

HillingdonFFC

Why on earth would Charlie Austin come to Fulham? No way would he want to drop down. Was interviewed on the radio in the week & has massive self belief in his ability

Count Flapula

He's playing - and scoring - regularly in the Prem. Absolutely zero chance of getting him. Time to look at more realistic targets.

Danny Ings is over his injury, in need of football and still only 25. Scored 4 in a U23 game a few weeks back so could be a decent shout. Strong, decent technically and knows where the goal is at this level.

MikeW

"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

bobby01

He has only started the last two games, I think if we had seriously approached in the summer we stood a chance. But he is the type of player we should be looking at.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Wingnut

Austin isn't going to leave the PL for us. He is on form at the moment, so he is going to get game time for Southampton. Wouldn't surprise me if Long went out on loan from Southampton in the new year. I would prefer Ings but he is only back from injury and given that Sturridge wants to leave Liverpool in the next window, I think they'll hang onto Ings.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

FFC1987

I think the point was, he was being mentioned when he was behind Gabbiadini and Long and wasn't get any game time due to small injuries. Hes now well in the team and clearly is too good for championship. Much like the Gayle boat has sailed as he's playing and scoring now. Super unrealistic but I'd try and get Long as he's now seemingly going third fiddle behind the two mentioned above. (Family are STH'ers for Saints so I have a soft spot for their strikers....) 

MaidstoneMark69

I've said it on here before, and i'll bang the drum again for Ulloa at Leicester, not getting a look in there, must be desperate to play. Just as good as Austin and they haven't untied the mooring ropes yet! Probably a loan deal for rest of the season but i reckon guaranteed goals.

HatterDon

I'm equally upset that our front office didn't sign Pogba or Harry Kane. They haven't got a clue.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on December 03, 2017, 05:16:09 PM
Why on earth would Charlie Austin come to Fulham? No way would he want to drop down. Was interviewed on the radio in the week & has massive self belief in his ability

Charity ? What about Shane Long ?

bobby01

Quote from: HatterDon on December 04, 2017, 09:44:04 PM
I'm equally upset that our front office didn't sign Pogba or Harry Kane. They haven't got a clue.

Mr Don, you used to be a poster on here I respected for informed comment, lately however, all you seem to post are sarcastic comments and digs at people. Please revert back to you old self.

FFC1987

Quote from: bobby01 on December 05, 2017, 05:00:28 AM

Mr Don, you used to be a poster on here I respected for informed comment, lately however, all you seem to post are sarcastic comments and digs at people. Please revert back to you old self.

Stupid post considering when Austin was being talked about, he hadn't played any game time, Gabbiadini was in form and looking the real deal and long was certainly holding his own as the backup/rotation striker in a team that play 1 up top. Same comparison could be said of Gayle, who only recently, has started playing and scoring again but we had the opportunity to sign him not long ago.

Keynsham

Exactly, sack the lot of them.

FFC1987

Quote from: Keynsham on December 05, 2017, 10:27:17 AM

Exactly, sack the lot of them.

I really don't understand the mockery here. Its nonsensical when you look at the history behind it. Austin wasn't an unrealistic target when he had no game time and as said above, behind two strikers at the top of their game in a side that play one up top. Admittedly, which has always been stated, he could easily go to a bottom half EPL side but who knows, maybe he'd of liked to be in London again. We also looked like a much better prospect back when this was being suggested. Absolutely no chance now though.