News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Slav speaks - real hope or do words come cheap?

Started by Southcoastffc, December 15, 2017, 01:24:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

"I have the targets and it's clear what we need. The club has agreed what positions we need to improve in the future and now it's a question of how we are going to make the job. What I prefer, and what all the coaches in the world prefer, I expect we will make this job in the beginning of January, not at the end of this month. The intention is to try find an element that we are missing in these few months and try to be stronger, more solid and more competitive in the time that is ahead of us."
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Holders

I don't think he's the sort of bloke to bullsh1t.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Holders on December 15, 2017, 01:28:46 PM
No, but his words may not be equalled by others' actions.  Let's hope my caution is misplaced.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Holders

Quote from: Southcoastffc on December 15, 2017, 01:34:00 PM
No, but his words may not be equalled by others' actions.  Let's hope my caution is misplaced.

Indeed on both counts.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Woolly Mammoth

It's refreshing to know he reads my emails I send him.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Wearethewhites

The message is clear, the warning is there for the owners, and, everyone knows exactly what we need.

The Club screw this one up, and he'll be on his toes, that you guarantee - I wait with baited breath..

toshes mate

Quote from: Holders on December 15, 2017, 01:40:49 PM

Indeed on both counts.
+1 on all these.

Carborundum

Quote from: toshes mate on December 15, 2017, 02:08:22 PM
Quote from: Holders on December 15, 2017, 01:40:49 PM

Indeed on both counts.
+1 on all these.
Agree, but it's really about whether he is the sort of bloke to be bulls*****d.  As it stands he's been told something to the effect that the club will do whatever it takes.  We have all heard that before...including Slav....and were all still here! 

toshes mate

I think he has said 'Okay, Messrs Khan and company, I've heard what you have said, given you my requirements, and all that remains for you to do is to deliver.  If you fail there is no way out this time.  You will have to admit you haven't made the job.'     

MrD1879

Don't see what he's said now being any different to what he's said before. He has always said there are targets he has in mind and wants business done early but it's up to the club. Fingers crossed for once the woeful Tony Khan leaves his footballing calculator in the draw and actually let's someone with a footballing braincell conduct the business

Twig

Realistically we cannot expect to complete anywhere close to all of our required signings in January and I am sure SJ knows that.  I suspect his message is more along the lines of " I expect you to make a start in Jan and press on in the summer".  Even one really significant signing in Jan would be a positive signal to my mind.

Porthogs FC

I hope this also includes some clearing out of the obvious "new" deadwood that Slav has no want to play. Cisse, Mollo, Graham, one of Rui Fonte/Kamara (perhaps just to raise funds), Djalo, Madl, Soares.

He's much more keen on playing Edun and de la Torre, and obviously wants to like Fonte/Kamara but knows that Fonte is too lightweight and Kamara is only of super sub status. We obviously need that commanding, starting CB and commanding, starting CF. How freeking blind we have been to this is incredible. Hopefully we get this done in January.

Riverside

Sadly easier said that done in January . I would be amazed if we fill all our gaps at the beginning of Jan . Jan is a horrible market and many will have lists the same as ours . I expect we will find it easier to clear out players ( mainly on loan ) than signing . And I guarantee we will still be active on the last day of the window

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One James stannard

Quote from: Riverside on December 15, 2017, 04:27:32 PM
Sadly easier said that done in January . I would be amazed if we fill all our gaps at the beginning of Jan . Jan is a horrible market and many will have lists the same as ours . I expect we will find it easier to clear out players ( mainly on loan ) than signing . And I guarantee we will still be active on the last day of the window

Great post riverside! Pretty much everything I was thinking  :54:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

filham

Quote from: Porthogs FC on December 15, 2017, 03:25:45 PM
I hope this also includes some clearing out of the obvious "new" deadwood that Slav has no want to play. Cisse, Mollo, Graham, one of Rui Fonte/Kamara (perhaps just to raise funds), Djalo, Madl, Soares.

He's much more keen on playing Edun and de la Torre, and obviously wants to like Fonte/Kamara but knows that Fonte is too lightweight and Kamara is only of super sub status. We obviously need that commanding, starting CB and commanding, starting CF. How freeking blind we have been to this is incredible. Hopefully we get this done in January.
Can't see how we can raise funds by selling Fonte , who on earth is going to pay significant money for him. Afraid we are stuck with him until his contract ends,

JoelH5

I think we will be pleasantly surprised in Jan. I can see us spending quite a bit with the view to sell Sess in the summer
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Andy S

If we buy in the January window We will spend big. That is the only way you buy in January

Woolly Mammoth

If we get promoted in May, the club will get its money back. The alternative to that is mediocrity.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: filham on December 15, 2017, 05:10:28 PM
Quote from: Porthogs FC on December 15, 2017, 03:25:45 PM

Can't see how we can raise funds by selling Fonte , who on earth is going to pay significant money for him. Afraid we are stuck with him until his contract ends,
I would guess that the best thing we could do with Fonte would be to send him out on loan to a club in a less physical league where he could hopefully rebuild his reputation before we try to sell him, like we did with Josabed.

Beamer