Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Perhaps we should all just keep our fingers crossed. 🤞
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 11, 2017, 05:00:06 PM
You can do better than that, all paws crossed please.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on December 12, 2017, 12:51:06 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 11, 2017, 05:00:06 PM
You can do better than that, all paws crossed please.

and Hooves !

Never forget your Roots.

Fernhurst

Given Fulham's mixed results over the past 60 years it's crazy we rely on superstition to get us ready for the game.
Since I was knee high our family routine was visit my Aunty for lunch on the corner of Felsham and Salvin Road Putney. She would wave to us all the way down Savlin till we hit Lower Richmond Road where we would turn for one last wave before heading for Putney Bridge.

60 years later a gaggle of Son and Grandsons depart the car in Savlin before turning at the corner to wave to the empty window....... would not/ could not.....not do it.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Carborundum

Quote from: F(f)CUK on December 11, 2017, 04:51:34 PM
My son is disabled and cannot talk, but if you ask him if we are going to win he cheers and if you ask him the score he will always signify that we will score one goal.  I have recently stopped asking him and this has seen us beat Millwall and Birmingham 1-0.  No one is now allowed to ask him the result or score.  That is how a superstition is made.
Brilliant example.  He's been right in 7 out of 11 league Home games too!

Woolly Mammoth

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

I use to never like kicking a football when it was upside down, I felt I might have a bad game. Anyone, carrying a Horse Shoe around with them today, or throwing Salt over their shoulder. Touch wood ( which you can do by touching your head ) or get struck by lightening three times, and whatever you do, don't open up an umbrella in doors, that would be fatal. 
If a Black Cat crosses your path don't worry as it's probably going somewhere.
Nothing to do with luck, just superstitious old wives tales that the vulnerable use, to make them feel a little better.
Nothing wrong with that, but it is a misconception, and by the way the next Friday 13th is in April, but we have no match that day so far. Unless the Sky or BT bring forward our home game v Brentford 24 hours, then you can start to worry.

Never forget your Roots.

mullers

I used to have lucky programme/flutter sellers, socks, underwear and shoes. I decided on how to travel to the ground by the last result, celebrated every Fulham goal with a nip of whisky and walked along the back of the Hammersmith Terrace  at 90 minutes.

Surely no-one's ignoring the above and claiming that promotion from the fourth division was solely down to Mickey Adams, Rodney Macaree and the belief of the team? That's ridiculous.