watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tine to concentrate on the FA Cup

Started by HatterDon, December 16, 2017, 04:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

If we can't get a point off Sunderland, we're going nowhere but mid-table this season

Or, as mah felluh Texan would put it,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoQZ0qmf-mk
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Robbie

Why would we focus on the FAC. We have no chance of winning.

filham

Before thinking too much about about the FA Cup we had best concentrate on getting the 21 points needed to avoid the drop.
Defeats by bottom clubs Sunderland and Burton suggests we could be ready to take one of their places.

hovewhite

At least we will see the other squadplayers get a game along with some youngsters.

Woolly Mammoth

A decent cup run would help salvage something from an underwhelming and avoidable cock up of a season. But you reap what you sow, and the seeds sown last summer have fallen on stony ground.
I would like to see us have a go against Southampton and try our best to proceed into the next round. Because that's what clubs should do when they enter a competition, and that's to compete, cause we have at this moment nothing else to play for, and any thing gained by staying in the FA Cup for as long as possible will help salvage some respectability and the clubs image when trying to attract any half decent players. You have to think of the wider picture. Not sit back and sulk and throw the towel in.
This isn't the beginning of the end, it's just the end of the beginning.
Too many supporters of this club are like the current owner, no ambition, they would rather stay in their comfort zones.
We are not even halfway through the season, and already some people are talking about having another go next season.
I am just as concerned as to which players we will be losing, as well as any deadwood we will inevitably pick up on the cheap, all because of the way this club has been run.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Robbie on December 16, 2017, 05:06:25 PM
Why would we focus on the FAC. We have no chance of winning.

Quite a few who had no chance of winning it have done so,like them down road from Plough lane for a start.
With decent draws a semi final and Wembley trip I'd settle for.

hovewhite

Get to play at Wembley,our luck beat the saints,go to spurs get hammered by Kane n co.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: hovewhite on December 17, 2017, 11:56:05 AM
Get to play at Wembley,our luck beat the saints,go to spurs get hammered by Kane n co.

Or get Kaned  by the Hammers.
I take your point, But we may not, and even if we do it's an education, you can only learn by playing the better teams.

Never forget your Roots.

HatterDon

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 17, 2017, 08:33:12 AM
A decent cup run would help salvage something from an underwhelming and avoidable cock up of a season. But you reap what you sow, and the seeds sown last summer have fallen on stony ground.
I would like to see us have a go against Southampton and try our best to proceed into the next round. Because that's what clubs should do when they enter a competition, and that's to compete, cause we have at this moment nothing else to play for, and any thing gained by staying in the FA Cup for as long as possible will help salvage some respectability and the clubs image when trying to attract any half decent players. You have to think of the wider picture. Not sit back and sulk and throw the towel in.
Too many supporters of this club are like the current owner, no ambition, they would rather stay in their comfort zones.
We are not even halfway through the season, and already some people are talking about having another go next season.
I am just as concerned as to which players we will be losing, as well as any deadwood we will inevitably pick up on the cheap, all because of the way this club has been run.

Once again, I find myself in the strange position of agreeing with every syllable of a comment by you.

One of us is getting smarter.  064.gif
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: HatterDon on December 17, 2017, 03:30:52 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 17, 2017, 08:33:12 AM

Once again, I find myself in the strange position of agreeing with every syllable of a comment by you.

One of us is getting smarter.  064.gif

⚽️👍 Ha Ha Yes, my wife is always advising me to get smarter, she often calls me a berk, whereas my girlfriend calls me a beast, I am not quite sure which one is closer to the truth.  🍺

Never forget your Roots.

RaySmith

Yes, we should have a go in the Cup, but the League isn't over yet - we should still try for a top  six place.

We should aspire to win every game we play in.
COYW :clap_hands:

Woolly Mammoth

I agree, we must keep going, you never know what's round the corner.
Yes aspire, I like that word.
Top six and FA Cup, plenty to play for.

Never forget your Roots.