Main Menu

Bring Woodrow Back!!

Started by davew, December 17, 2017, 01:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EJL

Dixie

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 17, 2017, 07:55:14 PM
Quote from: Jims Dentist on December 17, 2017, 07:43:51 PM
I think he may do better than those currently being picked as central striker.

However, this post really shows what a ridiculous situation we are in after spending up to £14m on so called strikers in the summer.

Yes you have nailed it there.

+1
"Dixie" Dean Coney - the legend lives on!

@jolslover

Quote from: davew on December 17, 2017, 01:55:15 PM
If he is good enough to be on the bench for Bristol City, he is certainly good enough for us! We haven't been able to sign a striker, well a real striker anyway, disguise a mid fielder to be a striker (lol) so what is left, maybe play Button up front? I am not a fan of Woodrow, has underachieved from his youth days but at least he tries! I am sure if he had not been sent out on loan this season he would have scored a few goals and maybe earned us some more points, get him back in January, if it doesn't work out sell him in the Summer (not another loan deal) and try again to buy a real striker!!

First line doesn't agree with me. We have a much better squad than Bristol City. (on paper), Yes the game isn't played on paper but player for player we are better than Bristol
STH H3

davew

Yes Jols but not up front!!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

sunburywhite

I would prefer to see Elijah Adebayo have a couple of run outs a sub, he has been banging them in all season in rthe reserves
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

HatterDon

Quote from: SuperFulham323 on December 17, 2017, 03:35:24 PM
Quite a few Bristol city fans don't rate him and neither do I. It's a No from me

I respect your opinion, but every time I see this kind of post [I know some Tottenham supporters and they don't think much of Dempsey/Dembele etc], I remember one of our posters a few years back saying that a guy near him spent EVERY 90 minutes just trashing Danny Murphy -- "no clue" "absolute rubbish" "waste of money." Suppose he would be the "voice of Fulham supporters.

Anyhow, Cauley does have his shortcomings and if he's not to your taste, I respect that.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

@jolslover

Quote from: sunburywhite on December 18, 2017, 06:09:18 PM
I would prefer to see Elijah Adebayo have a couple of run outs a sub, he has been banging them in all season in rthe reserves

It is genuinely Conference level,I remember our u23s lost to Maidenhead a couple of seasons ago. By that logic we should be signing strikers who are banging goals in the Conference and giving them starts... Kamara would do better at that level.
STH H3

sunburywhite

Quote from: @jolslover on December 18, 2017, 07:44:58 PM

It is genuinely Conference level,I remember our u23s lost to Maidenhead a couple of seasons ago. By that logic we should be signing strikers who are banging goals in the Conference and giving them starts... Kamara would do better at that level.

Errr...DEmbele was playing at that level before he got a chance in the team, oh so was Sess, Edun, De LA Torre and quite a few others
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

@jolslover

Quote from: sunburywhite on December 18, 2017, 07:48:07 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on December 18, 2017, 07:44:58 PM

Errr...DEmbele was playing at that level before he got a chance in the team, oh so was Sess, Edun, De LA Torre and quite a few others

Yeah, Obviously that is where youth players come from but just because he's banging goals at u23 level doesn't make him first team ready. From what I've seen I don't think he is and in our possession based system he would be very out of place.
It wouldn't be good for him either to get a first team call up, Knowing our fans he would go 2 games without a goal and people would be abusing him.
Someone I do think is ready however is O'riley. Looks tidy in possession and think he would do well sitting in front of the back 4
STH H3

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

If he could learn to keep his head down when he shoots I would welcome him back.
I have no idea the amount of shots he had that hit Row Z+1
but that of course includes a lot of our current 1st team squad
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

RaySmith

What about the goals he scored in the Cup at Orient.

https://youtu.be/AzAGgxxUFhU

malcbridger

One Martin Thomas

Twig

Quote from: malcbridger on December 19, 2017, 06:50:13 AM
Div 1 or 2 striker at best.

Fine, because we haven't got a div 1 striker right now.

@jolslover

Quote from: Twig on December 19, 2017, 11:21:10 AM

Nah mate, We got a Europa League striker + someone who is better than Woodrow and give it a few years will be a top striker at this level.
STH H3

Twig

Quote from: @jolslover on December 19, 2017, 06:35:42 PM
Quote from: Twig on December 19, 2017, 11:21:10 AM

Nah mate, We got a Europa League striker + someone who is better than Woodrow and give it a few years will be a top striker at this level.

Well Mate. Right now we don't have a striker and the goal scoring stats prove it.  We may have one, or even two, for the future but not right now.

SP

Having watched his performance at QPR today I'm not convinced he's what we need.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: SP on December 24, 2017, 09:20:42 AM
Having watched his performance at QPR today I'm not convinced he's what we need.

Yes missed 2 Sitters,one from a yard out.