watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bring Woodrow Back!!

Started by davew, December 17, 2017, 01:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

If he is good enough to be on the bench for Bristol City, he is certainly good enough for us! We haven't been able to sign a striker, well a real striker anyway, disguise a mid fielder to be a striker (lol) so what is left, maybe play Button up front? I am not a fan of Woodrow, has underachieved from his youth days but at least he tries! I am sure if he had not been sent out on loan this season he would have scored a few goals and maybe earned us some more points, get him back in January, if it doesn't work out sell him in the Summer (not another loan deal) and try again to buy a real striker!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

filham

Yes, fully agree.
Woodrow cannot be any worse than the striker options we are trying without success at the moment. Is he free to come back though or is he on a fixed season long loan agreement.

HatterDon

It would be nice to see a real #9 back at the  Cottage. We haven't had one since Zamora left.

Bring back Cauley indeed!
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

rvFFC

Quite a few Bristol city fans don't rate him and neither do I. It's a No from me

davew

Makes a change for me to get 2 thumbs ups on 1 of my threads (lol), supporting Fulham sometimes is so frustrating especially as the obvious things to make things better shouldn't need to be posted on here, we have a Coach/Owner/Management Team/ Stat's team and our tea lady to sort it out and not forgetting Woolly, 1 of the great posters on here real shame he can't play up front?

Mince n Tatties

Mullers OG

I've always been a bit of a fan of Cauley.  He may not be the best striker in the world but he tries his heart out and runs and harries defences.  Had we not sent him out on loan I'm sure we'd have seen a lot of him in the team this season.  I'd rather see him up front than Fonte any day.  Get him back!

Woolly Mammoth

Yes I would also like to see Cauley Woodrow back at the Cottage. A real players player.
With the heart the size of a football, and for those two reasons alone, I would have him back, and given a decent run, he would and should score more regular than anyone else we have. With the exception of Sess, but currently Sess is being played out of position, considering the talent he shows when playing further forward.
As for Cauley, yes I would have him back, and hope that he is given as many chances as others have been given who have failed miserably.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on December 17, 2017, 03:37:58 PM
Makes a change for me to get 2 thumbs ups on 1 of my threads (lol), supporting Fulham sometimes is so frustrating especially as the obvious things to make things better shouldn't need to be posted on here, we have a Coach/Owner/Management Team/ Stat's team and our tea lady to sort it out and not forgetting Woolly, 1 of the great posters on here real shame he can't play up front?

davew I think I am more of a Goalkeeper or maybe even a Zoo Keeper. Anyway, something with a Keeper on the end of it.

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

Hayles for me bring him back,cauley wood be an improvment on our false no9.

grandad

No to Woodrow. We have enough players who can´t hit a barn door with a banjo.
Where there's a will there's a wife

@jolslover

He's just not good. Average champ striker at best. Baffles me.
STH H3

RaySmith

Well , at least he  is a number 9, and we know  about his great  attitude- why leave him on loan?

Jims Dentist

I think he may do better than those currently being picked as central striker.

However, this post really shows what a ridiculous situation we are in after spending up to £14m on so called strikers in the summer.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Jims Dentist on December 17, 2017, 07:43:51 PM

However, this post really shows what a ridiculous situation we are in after spending up to £14m on so called strikers in the summer.

Yes you have nailed it there.

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Quote from: @jolslover on December 17, 2017, 06:35:02 PM
He's just not good. Average champ striker at best. Baffles me.
Maybe, but we don't have any other average champ strikers (at best) do we??

davew

Quote from: Jims Dentist on December 17, 2017, 07:43:51 PM

Exactly, which is what prompted me to post it!!

Twig

Woodrow is just bang average,........so yes get him back because that's way better than anyone we've got right now.

Facts Not Fiction

Our current squad is failing.

Would have no qualms with the so called "lesser" players being given a chance.

Milo

"If he is good enough to be on the bench for Bristol City, he is certainly good enough for us! "

Great quote!