more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff (20/12/17)...

Started by Friendsoffulham, December 19, 2017, 10:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Secure The Perfect Gift In Time For Christmas

Buy before 3pm on Wednesday 20th December to ensure delivery in time for Christmas. Supporters can check the full UK final posting dates by clicking here.

With Christmas fast approaching, why not secure the perfect present for a Fulham fan with a wide range of gifts available for the whole family.

Shop from a number of gift ideas and stocking fillers including our Fulham FC Fashion Range, Official 2018 Calendar and soft toys.

Or why not treat someone special to the 2017/18 adidas Home Shirt and personalize it with free printing on all adult, junior and mini kits.

Supporters can take advantage of these exciting offers online or at our brand new-look Stadium Store located at Craven Cottage on Stevenage Road.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/december/19/last-chance-christmas-shopping

Friendsoffulham

Fulham would be wrong to sack Slavisa Jokanovic - but things aren't good enough at the moment

It's not been the season any of us expected, but is that because Jokanovic is a 'bad manager' or are the side regressing to the mean of their abilities?

It's not been a good season for Fulham , that's clear for everyone that has watched the side throughout the season - displays like the one at Ipswich have been too few and ones like at the Stadium of Light too often.

Players are underperforming, goals aren't flowing and down the other end, teams are finding it far too easy to breach the defence.

The Serbian came in when Fulham were staring down the barrel of a relegation to the third tier of English football after the mess of managers that were Rene Meulensteen, Kit Symons and Felix Magath, with the club in crisis.

He kept them up, and then the following campaign had a season that I don't think even the most optimistic of fans would've thought possible, getting them to the Play-offs playing the best brand of football since Jean Tigana.

Now, in the middle of December, with the side sitting in 12th having won just seven games all season, it's easy to forget where Jokanovic took Fulham from in just under two years at the helm.

This may sound like a history lesson, and a lesson that everyone reading this probably knows, but sometimes it's good to have context and remember where the club has come from when they're suffering a lack of form like they are at present.

Does Shahid Khan's talk about perseverance give us an insight into his outlook with Fulham?
A manager's history at a club shouldn't save them from the chop, but when that manager's history is only two-years old and has taken them from relegation candidates to promotion contenders, you realise it sounds a bit absurd to start calling for his head because they aren't winning games left, right and centre at present.

What Jokanovic did with the club last season was nothing short of amazing - he lost his two top scorers in Ross McCormack and Moussa Dembele and yet still finished the season with the league's joint highest goals scored tally.

And maybe, Jokanovic is now finding himself as a victim of his own success.

We all expected Fulham to be up there this season, but a whole bucket load of reasons, including poor summer recruitment, injuries and poor form have combined to ensure Fulham are a mid-table side.

That's what we would've really expected from the side last season, and although it's true that Fulham should've gone one better after the season they had, are the side simply regressing to the mean after an above average season?

The first half of the season was pretty similar to this one, no one really thought the Cottagers would end the season in the Play-offs having got to this stage with a pretty average set of results, in fact December was when the run that saw them go from a mid-table side to a Play-off side first started to take shape.

Roy Hodgson was always going to do well at Crystal Palace - just ask the Fulham fans

Personally, I don't see a better manager available to take over - people have told me they want Tony Pulis (??), Lee Johnson and Ostersunds manager Graham Poter, but would any of these do a better job than Jokanovic has of turning a poor side into one like this?

It's also worth remembering with Johnson, that Bristol City stuck by him when they went through a sticky patch and now the Ashton Gate side are third in the league.

It's a case of square pegs in round holes in player personnel at the moment - if we all know Ryan Sessegnon is better deployed further forward, don't you think Jokanovic knows that too?

Rafa Soares isn't favoured, and Jokanovic feels Sessegnon is better than Denis Odoi, so of course he is going to play Sessegnon at left back until someone comes into the side that can play the way Jokanovic wants his fullbacks to play, which neither Odoi or Soares can, yet Sessegnon is able to.

Things aren't good enough, yes - there's too many underperforming players that continue to find themselves starting every week, but when the strength in depth isn't there it's hard for Jokanovic to drop them, when he knows they are good players on their day and doing so might well continue getting poor results.

Fulham are only eight points off the Play-offs, despite playing so poorly this season, that in itself tells me the potential is there with Jokanovic at the helm, it just makes January all the more crucial for the team.

The club won't get automatic promotion, I think we all know that now, but Play-offs is still there which would equal last season - if they don't achieve it then where the club goes from here can be discussed in the summer, but to sack Jokanovic now would be a foolish and brash move.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-would-wrong-sack-slavisa-14056387

Friendsoffulham

Transfer Talk: Another Liverpool man linked with Fulham loan move

Ryan Kent has been linked with a loan move which would make him the seventh loanee the Whites have added to their squad this season

Fulham have been linked with a loan move for Liverpool youngster Ryan Kent by our colleagues at the Mirror.

According to the report, the Cottagers, along with Leeds and Middlesbrough, are interested on taking him on loan for the latter half of the season as the Reds consider recalling him from German side Freiburg early.

The 21-year-old has previously had spells with Barnsley and Coventry, while Fulham already have Liverpool team mate Sheyi Ojo on loan at the club, who has really taken to life at the Cottage.

However, Fulham already have six loanees in their squad, and under Football League rules only five can be in a matchday squad - something that hasn't been a problem so far with Lucas Piazon not featuring since suffering a broken leg at Leeds.

But now he is close to a return to first team action, not all off the Cottagers' loanees will be able to make the squad, and with Piazon, Tomas Kalas, Sheyi Ojo and Oliver Norwood all regulars, that would leave just one place to fill between Jordan Graham, Rafa Soares and Kent, should Fulham actually make a move for him.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-talk-another-liverpool-man-14056942

Friendsoffulham

Commentary Competition

We're offering one lucky Fulham fan the opportunity to watch Fulham's FA Cup third round fixture against Southampton from the press box at Craven Cottage.

The winner will also receive a pre-match behind-the-scenes tour of the media area, a special Whites gift package, and the chance to meet Jim and Jamie who can pass on some handy commentary tips.

To enter, simply tweet in a video on Twitter to @FulhamFC, or post a video on Instagram tagging @FulhamFC, commentating over a Fulham goal, just like Lucas below.

Send us your moment using the hashtag #FFCCommentary

Fans have until 27th December to enter, and a winner will be announced on Thursday 28th - good luck!

Social Media Competition T&Cs

1. The promoter is: Fulham Football Club Ltd (company no. 2114486) whose registered office is at Motspur Park, New Malden, Surrey, KT3 6PT.
2. The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom who are 6 years and over, except employees of Fulham Football Club and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
5. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter can be found of Fulham Football Club's official Twitter and Instagram profiles.
5(a). The entrant must be following @fulhamfc in order to be eligible for the prize.
6. Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
7.  Closing date for entry will be Wednesday 27 December 2017 at midday. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
8. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
9. The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
10. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter's control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
11. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
12. The prize is as follows: The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
13. Winners will be chosen at random by software, from all entries received and verified by the promoter and or its agents.
14. The winner will be notified by email and/or DM on Twitter/Instagram on Thursday 28 December 2017. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
15. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered.
16. The promoter's decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/december/19/commentary-competition

Friendsoffulham

Cottage Talk Podcast: Being Fulham

Take a listen to a podcast that focuses on Fulham Football Club.

This episode is an interview with Roland Jaquarello who wrote a book which is entitled "Being Fulham". We discussed his book which is a look back at last season for Fulham through his eyes.

We first discussed his history as a Fulham supporter, and the decision to write this book. We talked about several chapters, which will give you an idea of the Fulham journey that Roland described in his book. We ended the show by giving him a chance to talk about this season so far compared to last season for Fulham.

You can also listen to the show on Friends Of Fulham.

https://cottagersconfidential.sbnation.com/2017/12/19/16794666/cottage-talk-podcast-being-fulham

Friendsoffulham

Fan's View: Why Fulham should part company with Slavisa Jokanovic
We asked fans why they wanted Fulham to part company with Jokanovic - here's a selection of their views on the issue

The debate on whether Slavisa Jokanovic should continue as Fulham manager is currently raging on over social media and the message boards, with fans split on the issue.

Some are staunchly in favour of the head coach remaining at the club, while others are the opposite and feel the time has come to sack the 49-year-old.

Earlier, our Fulham reporter, Ryan O'Donovan, gave his opinion on why Fulham would be making a mistake in sacking Jokanovic , but in order to get both sides of the story we asked those who are in favour of removing him to give their views as to why.

Unless Christmas is littered with win after win, the debate looks set to rumble on for the foreseeable future.

Gary Dunn @dunngarydunn

"In or out.. that has been on a number of Fulham fans minds as they ponder the decision. I guess what Slavisa has in his favour with most of the Fulham faithful is, he has not been responsible for the signings, he has openly admitted we require a centre forward and a centre half.

"So he is not liable for some of the more mediocre signings but he has to be thankful for some of the calibre which has been purchased successfully, an example being Tom Cairney, Kev McDonald and Ryan Federicks – these are very good Championship players, along with boy wonder – Ryan Sessegnon – you could argue we have the two best players in the division in TC and Ryan! On paper he does have a nucleus of a very good side.

"However, there are a couple of reasons which really ignite my frustration with Slavisa; his reluctance to tweak or amend his approach.

"It has been evident time and time again we have no plan B – we play from the back which, at times has been very refreshing but in other games maybe we need to be more direct and mix our pattern of play.

"Another, his selection at times – last year our glorious run came when Marcus Bettinelli came back into goal – for me a character, a voice in the dressing room and outspoken but this season Slav has persevered with David Button, for me not a character and no voice."

"Sessegnon also scores hat trick at Sheff Utd playing further up field, following games back at left back, while Johansen has been poor all season then suddenly we see him at last two away games playing in a number nine role?

"The biggest point for me though is his lack of idea or understanding in how to install any grit or steel into the team, characters – to give us that "edge" or at least be able to compete and not be bullied away from home. A quote recently from Slav was he wished he could install desire into his team like the opposition.

"My point is that we had these characters: Matt Smith, Ryan Tunnicliffe, Shaun Hutchinson, Ragnar Sigurdsson – these are the ones that come to the forefront of my mind.

"Leaders, passion, won't be bullied but as they are not the best technically Slav dismisses them at the earliest opportunity.

"You could also argue the point about Chris Martin, a vocal point of our attack and could help out at set plays. How many times was he on the bench with a make shift forward up front?

"For me, Slav has shown a resilience not to amend his approach or the personnel at his disposal – so for whatever great football we may play at times, we will always concede, and at times capitulate due to his reluctance to change tactics and the lack of steel in the side.

"Will he change... I do not think so."

Sam James @Samj819

"I don't get to see too much of Fulham due to being based in the north east, however I listen to every game and watch the full 90 on catch up.

"On Saturday, I was at the match and could not have been more disappointed with what I saw. Sunderland were disciplined and drilled, not an unfamiliar story this year.

"I believe Slav has lost his passion for the club and job or hes making a point of it.

"Two examples spring to mind - denis Odoi vs Brentford. Running around like a headless chicken and a ticking time bomb to get that second yellow.

"Everyone can see it. So why not change? We had defenders on the bench. Instead it lead to the inevitable sending off and the game is over.

"Saturday there really was some shocking performances however the lad that produced the worst was Johansen.

"He was shocking. Misplaced passes galore. Offering nothing in his false nine role other than a possession turnover.

"Everyone can see this from the stands yet he wasn't changed - we didn't threaten to penetrate other than the first 15 minutes. The goal that everyone could see coming came and that was that.

"A deserved first win in a year for Sunderland.

"AK47 needs games. Fonte needs games in his position. We have a left back he's willing to let rot.

"On a more positive note it was great to see the directness of Jordan Graham albeit for a short time. Maybe the oracle that is Slav will get the players he wants in January and it'll all be ok.

"In my eyes he will lose the patience of the Khans' and pay the price."

Mark Wyatt @MarkWyattSport

"Following the calamitous display at the Stadium of Light last weekend there has been a monumental shift in the 'Slav In' and 'Slav Out' corners.

"Unfortunately for the Serb, it is the corner calling for his head that has amassed the most momentum online and honestly, I can completely understand why.

"Firstly, Slavisa does himself zero favours. He called for rotation and fresh legs in the week preceding the Sunderland game but fans were left astonished at the starting XI.

"Stefan Johansen returned in the false nine position and Rui Fonte found himself at left-wing for the match as Fulham mustered a depressing three shots on target in a game which they dominated with 66.3% possession.

"The most telling statistic of the day though was the fact that Sunderland hadn't won a match at home for 364 days before we showed up.

"It's yet another clear example of a team doing their homework on Fulham and stopping us play the only way we know how.

"Without a definitive Plan B, it's become far too easy for teams to dig deep against us and expose our frailties at the back.

"Joint with the team selection naturally forcing our best playmaker Tom Cairney into a much more defensive role and you can see a huge problem.

"I understand that there are wider issues that fans should be concerned with, the lack of depth in the squad is causing a lot of problems of late and we haven't been fortunate with injuries for much of the season too.

"But it's problems like these that could of/should have been addressed over the summer.

"Regardless of your opinion of the season so far, it was a pretty abysmal transfer window for Fulham.

"I'm not an advocate for ousting managers during the season, especially during Christmas/New Year and the busy schedule that comes with it but I can't see Slavisla changing his ways at any point.

"His history speaks for itself too – the very public disagreements with Craig Kline, the bitter contract-negotiations at Watford and his refusal to change style this season clearly show us his stubbornness.

"I'm afraid I just can't see a way out for Jokanovic. I'd love more than anything for him to turn it around and get us charging back up the table but the hottest love has the coldest end and I think that end is closing in on the boss."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fans-view-fulham-should-part-14057821

Friendsoffulham

U18s Host Swansea City

The Young Whites take on Swansea City at Motspur Park on Wednesday afternoon in a 2pm kick off as they turn their attention back to the Premier League South.

Swansea sit two places below Fulham in the table in sixth place. The Swans have won, drawn and lost in their last three matches.

These two teams have already played once this season, and the spoils were shared in South Wales as Cameron Thompson poked a last minute goal home to make sure the match finished 1-1.

In their last outing the Whites beat Huddersfield Town on penalties in the FA Youth Cup as the match was level at 1-1 after 120 minutes. Luca Ashby-Hammond made three saves before scoring the winning penalty.

Swansea City also won their last match when they beat Chesterfield FC 2-0 in the FA Youth Cup, coincidentally setting up Swansea v Fulham in the fourth round later in January.

Fulham have drawn their last five matches in all competitions and are in search of three points, last winning against Tottenham Hotspur in the PL Cup which all but secured them safe passage into the quarter finals of the PL Cup.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/december/19/u18s-host-swansea

Friendsoffulham

We Want To Hear From You

We are asking our supporters to fill out a short survey in order to help improve their experiences with the Club.

We want to hear from you!

By completing the survey, you will have a chance of winning some fantastic prizes, including;

Four VIP hospitality passes to a Fulham FC match this season (1 winner)
Two Season Tickets for the 2018/19 campaign (1 winner)
Two tickets to a match of your choice this season* (15 winners)
Fulham FC football signed by the First Team (5 winners)
We would be extremely grateful for your time and input to help shape the future experiences at Craven Cottage and look forward to hearing from you.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/december/19/fans-survey

Friendsoffulham

The Sean Davis Column

It's a bit frustrating that we're not getting that consistency that we're craving. We'll win one or two, but then lose one which hinders our progress a little bit. I always talk about how quickly the games come in this league, and that's never more true than around Christmas. Barnsley home, Cardiff and Hull away, and then Ipswich at home, if we win all four of those games then we're right in it. Of course that is easier said than done, but there's no time to feel sorry for yourself, you've just got to dust yourself off and go again.

Sunderland was of course bitterly disappointing for all involved, but if we're looking for a positive then it's that results elsewhere went our way and we didn't really fall further away from the top-six. That said, you can't rely on anyone in this league, you need to just worry about yourself and take each game as it comes.

Marcus Bettinelli was the busier goalkeeper on Saturday but we had enough chances, and if we take one of those then I think we end up winning 1-0. That's how tight the league is, and how fine margins can be in these games. That was Betts' second game back in the side, and I've always been a big fan of his. In goalkeeping terms he's still young and so he'll continue to improve. He's a great shot-stopper, and he'll be gutted that regardless of all the saves he's made, he still lost the game. He's the sort of character who will be really upset after a defeat like that.

It's Barnsley up next at the Cottage, and they're a team I like for the simple fact that they field a lot of young players, they give debuts to plenty of youngsters coming through the system. That model is very good and sets an example that I think other clubs should follow. It shows that you don't have to go out and buy loads of players, and serves as real encouragement for the young talent coming through the academies across the country. I respect Barnsley for that. However, they're on a horrendous run at the minute and so we need to take full advantage. We know full-well, though, that means very little in this crazy world of football. You don't need me to remind you that Sunderland hadn't won for a year before they beat us on Saturday.

I can't remember the last time we were at home on Boxing Day, and this year we're off to Cardiff, who refuse to fall away from the top. Neil Warnock is a manager who gets results. Wherever he's been, he knows how to get out of the league, he knows how to get the best out of players. He might not be everyone's cup of tea, but in this day and age it's a results business, and that's what he's about. If you compare our squad with their squad, you probably wouldn't take any of their players in the Fulham team. So that just further emphasises the excellent job he's doing. We know they're going to be well drilled, hard to beat, and have players at the other end of the pitch who can score goals. It's going to be a difficult game, but it wouldn't surprise me if we went there and won.

We'd won three out of four before Sunderland, so it's not all doom and gloom, but I would feel a lot happier if we secure some serious points in a short space of time. We have to keep the faith, because we were in a similar position last year. We're definitely capable of stringing wins together to push ourselves up there and fight for a Play-Off spot.

On Monday the Fulham Foundation announced how much they raised as part of their charity matchday earlier this month. If you missed it, the final figure was £10,500, which is incredible. The work they do is unbelievable. Asking fans to bring a pound to the ground was a superb idea, and to raise as much as they did is absolutely fantastic news. The Foundation has always worked their socks off helping all sorts of charities, so well done to them and long may it continue in 2018

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/december/19/the-sean-davis-column

Friendsoffulham

Bishop's Park Access

Supporters attending the next home fixture between Fulham and Barnsley on Saturday 23rd December are advised that access to and from Craven Cottage through Bishop's Park will be restricted due to an event taking place at All Saints Church.

Entrance through Bishop's Park, via Church Gate, will be closed and there will be restrictions at the gates located at Priors Bank.

Fans are advised to allow plenty of time for their journey when walking to the ground from the Putney area and seek alternative routes.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/december/20/bishops-park-access

Friendsoffulham

Christmas Quiz

Next up as we continue to get ready for Christmas, test your knowledge of Fulham - with a festive twist - in our 10 question quiz.

Take Quiz here: http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/december/20/christmas-quiz

Friendsoffulham

Could Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic replace Quique Sanchez Flores at Espanyol?

Jonathan Viera - the local boy who has starred for Las Palmas since their final season in the second tier - stepped up to take the penalty. It was the sixth minute of injury time and it was the decisive kick of the match. Having been two goals down with ten minutes remaining at home to Espanyol, the islanders - rooted to the bottom of the standings - had the chance to snatch the most dramatic of three points. They were managerless and should the 28-year-old convert, their Catalan opponents would likely be too.

The penalty was weak and visiting goalkeeper Pau Lopez blocked the effort to rescue a point for Espanyol. Quique Sanchez Flores, watching on from the sidelines, breathed a deep sigh of relief. A week earlier, his side limped to a home defeat to Girona in the 'other' Catalan derby - their first loss in the fixture in 80 years.

They've now only won once in their last six league games which also included defeats to Eibar and Valencia and perhaps most damagingly of all, at lowly Alaves. They are still without a win against any of the sides in the relegation zone this season and since Flores's appointment in the summer of 2016, they have won only once against a team in the top six - a home win over Sevilla in January.

The Catalans sit 16th in the standings, five points above the relegation zone and last week Flores received the dreaded vote of confidence from the club's Chinese owners. Chen Yanseng was sworn in as the club's owner in January 2016 but despite initial promises of investment there have been no major changes to the squad and last season's 8th-placed finish felt like a massive overachievement with a limited pool of players.

There is a large amount of frustration with the team's style of play too. Sanchez Flores has a reputation as a manager who prioritises organisation over attacking flair yet there is genuine concern this caution is too pronounced. Los Periquitos have failed to find the net in half of their 16 league matches this campaign, while only Alaves and Leganes have scored fewer goals than their 13 - comfortably below the rate of one per game.

Fans are voting with their feet and many matches at the RCDE Stadium are now played out to largely empty stands. The recent defeat at the hands of Girona saw a paltry 11,500 fans in attendance - 29,000 short of the stadium's capacity. The fact that it was on a Monday night did not help and after the forthcoming Friday evening clash with Atletico Madrid, five of the club's nine home matches to date will have been played on either a Monday or Friday. The Spanish authorities do not view Espanyol as a major club, and shift them more than any other to the free-to-air slots on national TV.

A report in El Mundo Deportivo this week stated the Catalans were sounding out possible replacements for Sanchez Flores, should results not improve quickly. The number one target, it was reported, is current Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic. The Serbian was appointed in London midway through the 2015-16 campaign and after comfortably achieving the immediate objective of avoiding relegation, he led his stylish side to a top six spot last season. The playoff defeat brought inevitable disappointment and during this campaign things have been tougher, with the Lilywhites currently sitting in 12th.

The 49-year-old can speak Spanish having enjoyed stints with Real Oviedo, Tenerife and Deportivo La Coruna as a player and he managed lower league Hercules, while Pako Ayestaran - former Valencia and Las Palmas boss - was his number two during a stint at Maccabi Tel Aviv. Oddly, like Sanchez Flores he briefly manager Watford in England too.

Jokanovic is renowned for playing a more progressive style of football that would perhaps be more warmly received at the club, although it's unclear if the current squad would be suited to such a system. Espanyol have European ambitions and the current progress, or lack of it, towards such heights means that if results do not improve quickly, Sanchez Flores may become a free agent once more.

http://www.thesackrace.com/news/20th-december-2017/could-fulham-boss-slavisa-jokanovic-replace-quique-sanchez-flores-at-espanyol

Friendsoffulham

Reasons behind Fulham defender transfer falling through revealed despite fee being agreed

Over the summer, we covered reports in France that Fulham, in need of a left-back, tried to sign Maxime Poundjé from Bordeaux.

In need of game time, the 25-year-old was targeted by the Championship club, and while he was presented with their offer, he decided to stay.

The club's president said as much back in September, stating the left-back's love for the Ligue 1 side and the town (he was born in Bordeaux) led him to stay.

However, Sud-Ouest on Wednesday appear to suggest something else got in the way, and that's the contract the Cottagers put in front of him.

The local newspaper explain the two clubs had reached an agreement for the left-back, who has only appeared twice for Bordeaux this season, but the negotiations fell through due to the financial side of the personal offer.

If all reports were to be believed, this means that Fulham have failed in attempts to sign two different defenders from the Ligue 1 club, with Diego Contento refusing to play for the club's reserves so that Slavisa Jokanovic's side could watch him in action, forcing the Craven Cottage outfit to look elsewhere.

That elusive left-back is out there somewhere. He just isn't at Bordeaux.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/reasons-behind-fulham-defender-transfer-falling-revealed-despite-fee-agreed/

Friendsoffulham

Ticket Office Opening Hours

Details of the Ticket Office's opening hours over the festive period.

Saturday 23rd Dec 9.30am - 3.45pm*

Sunday 24th Dec Closed

Monday 25th Dec Closed

Tuesday 26th Dec  Closed

Wednesday 27th Dec  9am - 2pm

Thursday 28th Dec 9am - 2pm

Friday 29th Dec 9am - 2pm

Saturday 30th Dec  Closed

Sunday 31st Dec Closed

Monday 1st Jan  10am - 2pm

Tuesday 2nd Jan  9am - 8.30pm

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/december/20/ticket-office-opening-hours

Friendsoffulham

Cardiff Tickets

Fans wishing to support the boys at their Boxing Day fixture against Cardiff City can still pick up match tickets and complimentary coach travel courtesy of Grosvenor Casinos.

Tickets are no longer available to buy online, but can be purchased directly from the Ticket Office over the phone on 0203 871 0810 until 12.30pm on Saturday, or in person until shortly after the final whistle of the Barnsley game.

Fans can also secure their free return travel this way, with our Main Team Sponsor offering the free coaches to try and ensure as large a contingent as possible is backing Slaviša Jokanović and his team in the Welsh capital.

Please note that a limited number of spaces remain on the coaches, which depart from both Craven Cottage and Motspur Park at 9.45am.

Cardiff will be selling tickets on the gate, priced at £25 adults, £21 seniors, £16 for 16-21 year olds, and £13 for juniors.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/december/20/cardiff-tickets