watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-S Club

Started by bog, December 23, 2017, 08:51:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

What is it with United and the letter S? First Saha then Smalling and now Sessegnon. He will eventually go as we all know but, please, not to that lot. And while I am at it, why did Ryan not play for England alongside his brother? Did we refuse to let him go?

Thank you and good night.

092.gif

cmg

Ryan played in the u19 group (and still does). They won the UEFA u19 title, beating Portugal in the final. Ryan joint top-scored (3 goals) and was named in the 'Team of the Tournament' (along with Tayo Edun).

filham

Interesting. Although I was sorry to see Saha and Smalling leave we did take good money for them. Hope we are able to squeeze maximum possible amount for Sess.

Woolly Mammoth

No need to sell anyone, Ryan and Steve are worth more to us than any money, as is any quality player on our books.
If we have any ambition, ask yourself, any money we receive from a sale of any players, will all that money or most of it be used to bring in not only the right replacements, but also better players in other positions, without being ripped off by paying over inflated prices for unknown players from afar that take months settling in.
The chances are that the Chairman will Trouser most of it in the name of sustainability, and we will still be floating around the Football League in ten years time reminiscing of the good old days 25 years ago.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bog

On this S premise I wonder why they never bid for Reg Stratton?

092.gif

Woolly Mammoth

Good old Reg Stratton a blast from the past. He was an 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 England Youth player, played 21 times for Fulham.
I think that when he left us he went to Colchester, and correct me if I am wrong but didn't he end up at Vancouver Royals.

Never forget your Roots.

bog

I think he did Woolly. He was a regular scorer for Colchester. He was one of the major signings when we got promotion in 1959, he and Alf Stokes....emm 

092.gif

Woolly Mammoth

Yes your right bog, he was a prolific scorer at Colchester, 51 goals in 112 matches.

Never forget your Roots.

bog

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 23, 2017, 02:06:11 PM
Yes your right bog, he was a prolific scorer at Colchester, 51 goals in 112 matches.

I did hear that he was very good in training but nerves took hold when on the pitch. I recall he scored 2 in a home FA Cup tie with Millwall, 3-3 and we lost 2-1 at the hospitable Den.

092.gif

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: bog on December 23, 2017, 02:26:31 PM

I did hear that he was very good in training but nerves took hold when on the pitch. I recall he scored 2 in a home FA Cup tie with Millwall, 3-3 and we lost 2-1 at the hospitable Den.

092.gif

Yes I went to both those matches, and the replay at the Den was very intimidating. But was the match at the Den, where Rodney Marsh made his debut, or had he already played before then ?

Never forget your Roots.

bog

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 23, 2017, 02:30:51 PM

092.gif

Yes I went to both those matches, and the replay at the Den was very intimidating. But was the match at the Den, where Rodney Marsh made his debut, or had he already played before then ?

Rodney made his debut v Villa, I was there, not sure of the year and he scored the winner with a 30 yard rocket at the Putney End and was promptly dropped and did not play again until the next season! That was Vic Buckingham for you.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: bog on December 23, 2017, 03:40:53 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 23, 2017, 02:30:51 PM

092.gif

Rodney made his debut v Villa, I was there, not sure of the year and he scored the winner with a 30 yard rocket at the Putney End and was promptly dropped and did not play again until the next season! That was Vic Buckingham for you.

Hmmm Vic Buckingham a Carbuncle on Fulham's backside.

Never forget your Roots.