Main Menu

Is this really what we want?

Started by MikeW, December 23, 2017, 08:55:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

HV71

Zzzzzzz until the next defeat or draw

Lighthouse

A bit childish to go back to a post that made a point after a dreary 2-1 home win against a poor side and then suddenly get all sanctimonious after a wonderful away win today. Today was arguably the best result and performance of the season. But we have been poor for most of the season. But we all hope today is a start of better things. The club deserve the criticism as well as the great praise depending on what happens on the pitch.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ffcthereligion

If it makes me childish to laugh in the face of those that spread negativity in victory, then so be it!

colinwhite

grandad

Last season, after 24 games we had 36 points. We are only 1 point behind . Can we repeat the 2nd half of this season? No reason why not.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Woolly Mammoth

We certainly looked a class act at times during this match away to a team in second place. Jok tweeked the starting line up today, and it paid dividends.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Quote from: grandad on December 26, 2017, 09:11:39 PM
Last season, after 24 games we had 36 points. We are only 1 point behind . Can we repeat the 2nd half of this season? No reason why not.
Very good point that, as were the 3 yesterday, it is possible but unlikely, but you never know??
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on December 27, 2017, 08:48:35 AM
Very good point that, as were the 3 yesterday, it is possible but unlikely, but you never know

To have any chance of going up the club must recruit in the Window, to purchase players in certain positions who are better than what we already have.   

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 27, 2017, 09:14:26 AM
Very good point that, as were the 3 yesterday, it is possible but unlikely, but you never know

To have any chance of going up the club must recruit in the Window, to purchase players in certain positions who are better than what we already have.   
Such additions need to come in at the start of January not the end or it will be too late!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Mince n Tatties

Strange comments from our manager.."I'm happy at Fulham,but haven't ruled out interest from Swansea"

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on December 27, 2017, 09:16:11 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 27, 2017, 09:14:26 AM

Such additions need to come in at the start of January not the end or it will be too late!!

Exactly, they should have potential targets lined up, they have had plenty of time, but as has already been documented, the recruitment department are mediocre at times, and seem incapable of sealing a deal without making a pigs ear of it.

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 27, 2017, 09:22:49 AM
Strange comments from our manager.."I'm happy at Fulham,but haven't ruled out interest from Swansea"
Reading the verbatim reported reply rather than its interpretation what he actually said is 'If there is interest in me from somewhere [other than Fulham] then I should also be happy'

Southcoastffc

Modern 'journalism' depresses me.   Spot the gem in this:

".....Jokanovic's stock will have rose in Wales after a comprehensive 4-2 victory over Cardiff as the Cottagers inflicted the Bluebirds' first home defeat of the season....."
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Southcoastffc on December 27, 2017, 11:54:26 AM

".....Jokanovic's stock will have rose in Wales after a comprehensive 4-2 victory over Cardiff as the Cottagers inflicted the Bluebirds' first home defeat of the season....."

" risen not rose ", all is not Rosie  in that journos garden except maybe his cheeks.

Never forget your Roots.

Carborundum

Quote from: Southcoastffc on December 27, 2017, 11:54:26 AM

The sweet smell of success.  Any other name just would't do. 

MikeW

Lighthouse: thanks for giving some perspective to my original comment - as you say, now a week old and following a very poor performance.

In answer to my own question, after yesterday "Is this what we really want?" - my reaction is most definitely 'yes'.  This was so much better starting with a better shape and I think a more positive attitude from coach and players.  We still need investment in key areas as I'm sure we all agree and I concur with others that we should act quickly and not lose a window worth of improvement by picking someone in desperation at the tail end.  We live in hope but yesterday has started to improve my belief.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

ffcthereligion

Quote from: MikeW on December 27, 2017, 12:06:09 PM
Lighthouse: thanks for giving some perspective to my original comment - as you say, now a week old and following a very poor performance.

In answer to my own question, after yesterday "Is this what we really want?" - my reaction is most definitely 'yes'.  This was so much better starting with a better shape and I think a more positive attitude from coach and players.  We still need investment in key areas as I'm sure we all agree and I concur with others that we should act quickly and not lose a window worth of improvement by picking someone in desperation at the tail end.  We live in hope but yesterday has started to improve my belief.

No it wasnt posted after a very poor performance, we won and were good value for the win, and you still decided to spread the negativity.

Your belief should not be changing game by game, that's called being fickle.

MikeW

"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."