watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

And another one bites the dust

Started by f321ffc, December 24, 2017, 10:33:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

f321ffc

CLUB STATEMENT: Head coach Carlos Carvalhal has left Sheffield Wednesday by mutual consent
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

EastEndWhite

I'm sure I will be quickly reminded that football clubs are private businesses but the FA need to think about bringing in rules to protect managers from stupid owners. I know it will never happen but it would be good to see a rule that only let clubs change managers during a couple of windows in the season.

One Martin Thomas

filham

I suppose now that Joconavic has been with us for over two years the club are giving themselves a pat on the back for keeping him that long.

Wouldn't it be good if he pulled something off this season and we went on to keep him for another couple of years or more.

bobby01

Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

davew

Joka next?? Probably in January, I wonder what the odds are on that?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

EastEndWhite

Quote from: davew on December 24, 2017, 11:45:55 AM

Is this what you are wishing for in the New Year?

The Old Count

I reckon Mr Khan will give Jokanovic until the end of the season.  Of course that is - if he even knows who Jokanovic is and what he does at the club. Lol

Nero

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on December 24, 2017, 10:52:34 AM
Less of a surprise than Monk IMO

When was the last time that both Managers were sacked after facing each other in the previous game

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Old Count on December 24, 2017, 12:12:07 PM

I reckon Mr Khan will give Jokanovic until the end of the season.  Of course that is - if he even knows who Jokanovic is and what he does at the club. Lol

He doesn't even know the name of our club
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Bill2

I have said previously that a lot of clubs are hoping for SJ to get the sack and he will be snapped up quicker than you can blink, especially when we now seem  to be in the silly season for sackings.

While we are all disappointed bu this season, remember he has had to obey the stats man in who he can sign. So lets see what happens in Jan and who comes through the front door.

He is our best manager for a long time in terms of playing attractive football, in fact I cannot think of a better one and hope he stays and we (the Club) are not stupid enough to sack him.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Bill2 on December 24, 2017, 01:12:30 PM
I have said previously that a lot of clubs are hoping for SJ to get the sack and he will be snapped up quicker than you can blink, especially when we now seem  to be in the silly season for sackings.

While we are all disappointed bu this season, remember he has had to obey the stats man in who he can sign. So lets see what happens in Jan and who comes through the front door.

He is our best manager for a long time in terms of playing attractive football, in fact I cannot think of a better one and hope he stays and we (the Club) are not stupid enough to sack him.

Then sack the Stats man, any Stats man, and tell him to take the amateur recruitment team with him !!

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

Why would we"probably" sack SJ in January? Crazy.

Bill2

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 24, 2017, 02:49:40 PM

Then sack the Stats man, any Stats man, and tell him to take the amateur recruitment team with him !!

I thought he had gone, that was Kline wasn't it?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Bill2 on December 24, 2017, 11:07:20 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 24, 2017, 02:49:40 PM

I thought he had gone, that was Kline wasn't it?

Yes but there is another in his place.

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Quote from: Twig on December 24, 2017, 03:03:25 PM

No crazier than a lot of Joka's team selections, substitutions and tactics this season. The recent wins against lowly opposition have allowed us to stay away from the relegation zone, I do not feel that Joka is showing enough passion to motivate the players and maybe the players feel the same way as some of us fans? Time for a change soon if things don't improve.   

MJG

Quote from: davew on December 25, 2017, 01:03:51 PM
Quote from: Twig on December 24, 2017, 03:03:25 PM

No crazier than a lot of Joka's team selections, substitutions and tactics this season. The recent wins against lowly opposition have allowed us to stay away from the relegation zone, I do not feel that Joka is showing enough passion to motivate the players and maybe the players feel the same way as some of us fans? Time for a change soon if things don't improve.
you may have noticed... But probably not... we are 7th in form table, the old midfield band was back Saturday and by hook or by crook we are improving. You might wish he gets the sack but currently it's looking like your be disappointed.
Just the views of a long term fan

VancouverWhite

Quote from: davew on December 25, 2017, 01:03:51 PMTime for a change soon if things don't improve.

We are not a train station —  you cannot get out where you want.

Yours truly, Joka

davew

True Mike, yes I know that on the current form table we are doing well, though who was it we have beaten recently Millwall, B'ham, Barnsley and mustn't forget Sheff Utd, wonder where they are on the current form table (lol), anyway 4 wins are 4 wins I can't argue with that! Tomorrow will be a real test!! Happy Christmas.

MikeW

MJG: Sod the form table - the reality is we are 11th, and frankly very lucky to be there.  A bit of perspective on this festive night please.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."