watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

PENALTY

Started by Allestree andy, December 26, 2017, 06:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allestree andy

Stonewall penalty yet again yet ref and lino not brave enought to give it. SIMON HOOPER was the refs name has done this before against us remember the name
To the limit and beyond

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Allestree andy on December 26, 2017, 06:58:57 PM
Stonewall penalty yet again yet ref and lino not brave enought to give it. SIMON HOOPER was the refs name has done this before against us remember the name

Simon Hooper....hmmm he should be charged with bringing the name of football into disrepute. Then demoted to the Joe Soap & District Sunday Football League.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bobbo

It was down the other end from where we all were but at the time it really looked like a pen. So when I got home I checked on the sky replay ----- stone bonker pen. The ref was two bob.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Woolly Mammoth

Never forget your Roots.

cookieg

As someone said on another thread, the refs  are scared of getting a tongue lashing from Warnock so they don't give what they should.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: cookieg on December 26, 2017, 10:16:54 PM
As someone said on another thread, the refs  are scared of getting a tongue lashing from Warnock so they don't give what they should.

No courage, and if a referee cannot have the courage to make an honest decision, then he has no right to be a referee.

Never forget your Roots.

Baszab

Ref must have been devastated that we won
He looked very miserable as he left the pitch
No Chinese bonuses for Xmas then

Woolly Mammoth

Referees like him, and there are plenty of them, should be brought to book, and be made accountable for their incompetence, inefficiency, negligence and irresponsiblity, and made to pay the price.
They get well paid for their services, and do not give value for money.
On the other side of the coin. Players and teams do not help the situation these days by cheating and trying to pull a fast one to gain an edge over their opponents, encouraged by their Managers and Coaches at every opportunity.
Fulham are not one of those teams I am proud to say.

Never forget your Roots.

Hatch007

With Norwood not on the pitch at the time we would have missed the penalty anyway. Still no excuse for not awarding it, however!

Carborundum

Bad decision.  Football's riddled with them.  There's no obvious answer that would improve matters without massively slowing the game down and making football a game of events rather than a game of flow.  I take comfort that Wolves are clearly the best team in the league, Birmingham clearly the worst, so the table probably has everyone else in pretty much the right position.

I don't think Refs in the Championship cheat.  They just make bad decisions. Players do both.

Woolly Mammoth

It is impossible for referees to make such bad decisions, if they were that bad they wouldn't be referees.
It is naive to think that referees do not cheat, and I include linesman because they do.
You see it every week and on the TV.
They pretend they did not see the infringement, they cannot have such bad eyesight, which is cheating , because they are cheating the others team out of a penalty or a free kick or a decision. You can call it bottling it, but it's still cheating. If they haven't got the courage to be honest , then don't do the job..
The players cheat all the time these days, but the referees are suppose to be impartial.

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 27, 2017, 08:55:21 AM
It is impossible for referees to make such bad decisions, if they were that bad they wouldn't be referees.
It is naive to think that referees do not cheat, and I include linesman because they do.
They pretend they did not see the infringement, they cannot have such bad eyesight, which is cheating , because they are cheating the others team out of a penalty or a free kick or a decision. You can call it bottling it, but it's still cheating. If they haven't got the courage to be honest , then don't do the job..
The players cheat all the time these days, but the referees are suppose to be impartial.

I'll have to sit on the fence on this 1.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on December 27, 2017, 09:14:47 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 27, 2017, 08:55:21 AM

I'll have to sit on the fence on this 1.

So many shocking decisions or no decisions. Just the penalty incident alone will confirm that, the referee must have been the only person this side of the equator who would not have awarded that penalty, with the exception of all the other referees who would also have bottled it.
Which is cheating, because they are pretending not to see it. The Lino is no better because he is doing the same as the referee, not being impartial or honest, because you cannot tell me they both missed it.
They are not made accountable enough considering it's a lucrative job. I have no sympathy for them.

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Perhaps I should give up retirement and become a referee (even at my age 66), I do have some of the qualities needed at least when it comes to the eyesight test!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Andy S

Well it did look like a penalty but did the ref have a different view? I doubt it as if it wasn't a penalty then the player could have been booked for simulation. I think it is almost impossible for a referee to cheat in match circumstances as you quickly lose concentration and respect from the 22 players on the pitch. Once it has gone, it's gone for good and affects subsequent games. I am more incline to think he is a poor referee who believes he is good and cannot be conned.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on December 27, 2017, 09:34:15 AM
Perhaps I should give up retirement and become a referee (even at my age 66), I do have some of the qualities needed at least when it comes to the eyesight test!

Ha ha, yes one of the requirements of a referee these days is that you must not be able to read a car number plate at 20 Feet.
I actually paid a visit this morning to speak to the manager of my local Opticians, but he refused to see me. 👀 

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Andy S on December 27, 2017, 10:53:40 AM
Well it did look like a penalty but did the ref have a different view? I doubt it as if it wasn't a penalty then the player could have been booked for simulation. I think it is almost impossible for a referee to cheat in match circumstances as you quickly lose concentration and respect from the 22 players on the pitch. Once it has gone, it's gone for good and affects subsequent games. I am more incline to think he is a poor referee who believes he is good and cannot be conned.

🆘

Never forget your Roots.

Andy S

Have you ever referee'd a game woolly? Because I have and believe me it is difficult when dealing with amateurs. When you are dealing with super fit professionals it is a different game and a lot faster. With more at stake. There are players in your ear all the time with the sole aim to put you off your job. Then you have the age of referees! Tell me woolly why do so few ex-pros become referees? Other sports produce referees from ex participants

Nero

No matter what angle the ref was at it was either a penalty or a dive and the ref gave neither

filham

From the TV clips I have seen it looked like a penalty, has anyone seen slow motion close ups.
Of course it begs the question had we been given the penalty who would have taken it,
remember Norwood was on the bench.
We may well have missed the penalty , our spirits could have dropped and we could have lost the match.
All is well that ends well.