watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Q&A’s for Cottage Talk 🎤

Started by Friendsoffulham, December 26, 2017, 10:36:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Friends of Fulham will be appearing on Cottage Talk this Wednesday, and will be assessing the season so far, with Russ Goldman, and other Co-hosts.

We have been asked to give feedback on the following questions, if any members would like to participate.

⚽️ Best Player of the season so far, and why?

⚽️ Most disappointing player of the season so far, and why?

⚽️ Best game of the season so far, and why?

⚽️ Worst game of the season so far, and why?

⚽️ Rate Slavisa so far between 1-10

Thanks in advance..

Russ Goldman

Hi Everyone. We are doing our Mid Season Review and would like your feedback on several categories. Please do feel free to comment as your thoughts could be mentioned on the show!

Matt10

⚽️ Best Player of the season so far, and why?

- We've had a lot of solid players this season, but it's hard to argue with the play of Kevin McDonald. He has been an absolute rock at the heart of our defense and attack. I know those who score goals would be the obvious choice, but it's hard to think of what KMac has done wrong.

⚽️ Most disappointing player of the season so far, and why?

- Rui Fonte, unfortunately. Forget the price tag, he was signed to score goals, and he has bagged 1 and 2 assists. I think Fonte's performance is part of collateral damage from Joka's indecision on a set formation and strategy per match, but Rui definitely has been in positions to take shots, and opted to pass off instead. While that is what he may love to do, it's not what was expected from him when signed.

⚽️ Best game of the season so far, and why?

- Cardiff away. It validated the 4-1-2-3 formation again, and confirmation that the False-9 should not be used again, and against a tougher opponent than Barnsley. The Barnsley match did not bring 100% conviction to the change, but was a good result. The Cardiff match was the absolute confirmation we needed to validate the change, and we were back to last year's style of play. Ruthless in possession and clinical in our finishing.

⚽️ Worst game of the season so far, and why?

- Brentford away for me. We were dominating them, and only needing to absorb their counter-attacks. Their center of the midfield was completely in ruins and they had no answer to a proper build up. We maintained great possession, and had a few chances including Kebano's goal. All of this changed with Odoi's red card, and the False-9 couldn't hold up any longer. I think the Sunderland match was bad as well, but this loss to Brentford brought up a lot of questions for the club and Joka in particular.

⚽️ Rate Slavisa so far between 1-10

- I think a 7 would be accurate. He's overcomplicated the system unnecessarily at times, and gone away from what was working so well last year. I thought we would build off of that system and not be forced to introduce new systems or formations. I think certain players, like Fonte, Ayite and Johansen, were easy targets of criticism because they were played out of position due to Joka's system changes. Now that he has stuck with the 4-1-2-3, and the pairing of Cairney and Johansen are back, his rating will continue to rise in my book. For others, it may just depend on whether he plays Sess up front or not :)

Friendsoffulham

Any other participates? Show is being recorded tonight, and it'd be good to give some feedback from our members.