Main Menu

Hmm. Pantsil out for the season?

Started by LRCN, February 05, 2010, 02:04:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LRCN

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5919838,00.html

Pantsil blow for Fulham
Defender hopeful of being fit for World Cup

Skysports.com understands Fulham defender John Pantsil is set to miss the rest of the season through injury.

Pantsil has been out of action since suffering a serious knee injury in the 2-1 defeat to Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in December.

The former West Ham defender has been badly missed by Fulham with Pantsil one of the side's best performers before suffering his injury.

Pantsil was forced to miss the recent African Cup of Nations due to the injury and he is still some way off making a return to action.

Fulham had hoped the right-back would return later this season, but it appears highly unlikely the 28-year-old will be fit enough to play before May.

However, Pantsil is confident he will recover in time to be fit for this summer's World Cup finals with Ghana.

The news is a major blow for Fulham chief Roy Hodgson with the Cottagers boss also facing up to the prospect of being without Andy Johnson for the remainder of the campaign with a knee problem.

finnster01

Don't tell me that means watching Kelly for the rest of the season...

Oh bugger...
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Dugliss

How crap must Stoor be if he can`t even get in a team with Kelly in!!!

Hazey

Surely it is worth giving Stoor a crack, he can't be any worse than Kelly and then we won't all be wondering if he could of proved himself given a few games together?
At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club

Dugliss

I agree, although I`ve seen Kelly getting stick for not enough effort. It`s not that, just the fact that he`s not good enough. How many times on Weds did Duff have the ball and when he was looking for the pass Kelly was nowhere to be found, you could see DD`s frustration

LBNo11

...if anyone doubted Pants value to the team before I'll bet they aren't now! If true this is dreadful news.

I was happy to see Kelly in the role to start with, but he has had a torrid time and looks far from ready to fill Pants boots in that position.

Stoor is the next natural player at RB, and International to boot, but he has only played 2 game for us, and to be honest he looked just below average in those games. He has been vocal in his frustration of lack of games and that to is a worry as if Mr Hodgson does give him a chance will his heart be in it - or will he play brilliantly to put himself on the market?

Mr Hodgson sees them in training and knows their attitudes and strengths and weaknesses, so he must pick Kelly for a reason, but if that selection is down to the lack of any other competition for that role, we are in the brown stuff...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC