watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just a thought...

Started by davew, December 27, 2017, 09:37:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

After watching maybe the best club side in the World at the moment, our owner could afford to buy them, why mess around with Fulham??
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

ScalleysDad

Possibly he checked that an NFL pitch would not fit in The Eitiad before throwing money at it this time.

davew

Quote from: ScalleysDad on December 27, 2017, 09:42:08 PM
Possibly he checked that an NFL pitch would not fit in The Eitiad before throwing money at it this time.
LOL, hadn't thought of that!

The Old Count

When he bought Fulham he saw an opportunity to 'add value' without risking too much money (relatively) with a sport he knew he didn't understand.

And he was right - he didn't understand it.

Woolly Mammoth

064.gif
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Question of who is for sale with good underlying land development value perhaps.

PokerMatt

Follow me: @mattdjourno

cmg

Quote from: PokerMatt on December 28, 2017, 11:23:27 AM
What a strange post.

On several levels.

It's a constant source of merriment to me that Khan is regarded in some quarters as a kind of bumbling incompetent.

Just because you can afford something doesn't necessarily mean you can buy it.

The Etihad Stadium is, unlike Manchester City FC, owned by Manchester City Council. It's dimensions are entirely suited to American Football.

Finally, a question to all our fans: Which would you rather own? Fulham or Manchester City?

Peabody

You should drop him a line and make him an offer Dave.

PokerMatt

Quote from: cmg on December 28, 2017, 11:54:32 AM
What a strange post.

On several levels.

It's a constant source of merriment to me that Khan is regarded in some quarters as a kind of bumbling incompetent.

Just because you can afford something doesn't necessarily mean you can buy it.

The Etihad Stadium is, unlike Manchester City FC, owned by Manchester City Council. It's dimensions are entirely suited to American Football.

Finally, a question to all our fans: Which would you rather own? Fulham or Manchester City?
Yes, all great points.

I'd also question whether he could in fact afford the club. The amount of money that's been pumped into City over the years to get to the point they're at now, most people outside Middle Eastern oil oligarchs would have long run out of cash.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

VicHalomsLovechild

If you could shoe horn a gridiron pitch into the Cottage where would all those extra players sit? Maybe that's why he's developing the Riverside  086.gif

Actually why would anybody buy a football Club? There are better ways to make money and unless you own one of the very top clubs not much chance of any appreciation.

EastEndWhite

The Rock

ScalleysDad

Blimey. I posted this simply to beat Woolly to it. If the smiley faces had worked it might have been accepted as a bit more
tongue in cheek. Lesson learned.

YankeeJim

What happened to the upscale flats beside the Thames?   :hook:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

cmg

Quote from: YankeeJim on December 28, 2017, 05:33:24 PM
What happened to the upscale flats beside the Thames?   :hook:

Here they are:

Just to remind ourselves of the kind of thing that might occur if we had a really bad owner.   
Don't bother looking for a football pitch - not required under this scenario.

davew

What a strange post.
Maybe it is Matt, but your theory is? I won't go down the route of which owner do we prefer MAF or SK, as on performances/contributions/management structuring/investing in the club and the future, it is (so far) a 1 horse race!!

MJG

Quote from: davew on December 28, 2017, 08:26:32 PM
What a strange post.
Maybe it is Matt, but your theory is? I won't go down the route of which owner do we prefer MAF or SK, as on performances/contributions/management structuring/investing in the club and the future, it is (so far) a 1 horse race!!
tell me which chairman was successful in actually getting us out of the cottage and required a suppoorters group to help get us back?
Just the views of a long term fan

Keynsham

There really is no limit to this crap, is there?